Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

How long 1st episode

Zwingli4

[1]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 16
    I never saw the first eppy of Alias, where Danny gets killed. I finally rented it on Netflix. Now I do remember that when it first aired it ran overtime. I thought by maybe 10 or 12 minutes. When I saw the premiere episode on DVD, though, the episode ran 1 hour 5 minutes. So with commercials (when it first aired on network TV) it looks like it ran at least 1 & 1/2 hours in what was supposed to be a 1 hour slot! Did it really run that much over on ABC's first showing, or did they add extra scenes for the DVD release? By the way, I'm gonna have to rent the whole series because I haven't seen all the episodes, and of course the ones I have seen often refer back to plot points in the series I missed, so many times I ended up lost as to what was going on. The broadcast method of delivery does not suit serial shows well, IMHO.
    Edited on 08/01/2007 9:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PabloExobar

[2]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 18
    on original airing, it ran 65 minutes, just like on dvd -- it aired commercial free!

Zwingli4

[3]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 16
    Thanks--airing both commercial free AND running over its timeslot? That's really unusual!!!!!!