Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Is anyone out there?!?!

blasiotti236

[1]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    does anyone go on these boards anymore??? i love alias its my favorite show
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Cricketman_au

[2]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    well thats what seems to happen when a show ends, people stop visiting the forum, Firefly being the exception, of course. I'm here cos I'm re-watching the DVDs, and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it ^_^

alias004

[3]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    Me,too.

Kadodian

[4]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 23
    I always enjoy discussing a show when it either ends or I buy some of its seasons on dvd and since I love Alias I love dscussing it but I have not been visiting the Alias forum is because well It was too painful lol. No I am a new Alias fan and I have season 1 on dvd and so far its the only season I saw with a few episodes from other seasons. Lie 3 episodes from season 2. 10 from season 3 and 2 from season 4 ad I watched the finale.

mackymacaspac

[5]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 78
    i'm here! love this show too. easily in my top 5 of all time. some forum boards are still alive even when the series has ended (try visiting forum boards of Friends, Gilmore Girls and even X-Files).

AndreCSU

[6]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    Okay. I'm at the end of the 4th season when Dixon was shot and said he saw Irina. Why is Syd and Nadia ecstatic to see her? Last time Sydney saw her, she was in the midst of betraying her. And all Nadia knows about her is that she tried to have Sydney killed and she murdered countless people and agents. And Sloane just betrayed her, so why is she so eager to trust another murderous parent? The only people with the right reactions to this are Vaughn and Jack. Am I missing something or are Nadia and Syd just that stupid?
    Edited on 01/15/2008 8:34pm

LostSux

[7]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    AndreCSU wrote:
    Okay. I'm at the end of the 4th season when Dixon was shot and said he saw Irina. Why is Syd and Nadia ecstatic to see her? Last time Sydney saw her, she was in the midst of betraying her. And all Nadia knows about her is that she tried to have Sydney killed and she murdered countless people and agents. And Sloane just betrayed her, so why is she so eager to trust another murderous parent? The only people with the right reactions to this are Vaughn and Jack. Am I missing something or are Nadia and Syd just that stupid?

Oh, my God, I love you!
    I thought I was the only one that felt this way.

AndreCSU

[8]Jan 15, 2008
    And by the way, I'm sick of this alleged endgame. Every damn season "this is Rambaldi's endgame" "No this is Rambaldi's endgame" "Seriously, this is really Rambaldi's endgame this time." It ruins Rambaldi's credibility, and it takes away from the seriousness of the show. When the hell does it end?!!!!!!!

gunslinger78

[9]Jan 19, 2008
    I usually dont post I just read what others have to say. I know that dosnt help keep this forum going soI figured I would add my two cents worth this time. Alias is easily my favorite show of all time. I started watching at the beggining of season 4 and was hooked. I am sad that I missed the first 3 seasons and had to catch them on rerun I wish I could have watched the series unfold in order the way a lot of you did. I still watch the show I have the Rambaldi box and keep watching about and episode a day.

gunslinger78

[10]Jan 19, 2008
    Congrats ANDRECSU on you 47th post

AndreCSU

[11]Feb 14, 2008

I finally finished. This is a great show. I wasn't surprised that Syd's mom was the bad guy at the end. I never trusted her for a second. I also wasn't surprised that Syd tried to save her seconds after her mom was trying to kill her. Marshall is favorite, with Jack being a close second. Sydney is by far my least favorite character, not just in this show, but in tvland altogether. When Sloane kidnapped Nadia, and filled her with that green junk. Sydney found them and had an easy shot at him, but she let him get away, for the 12th time. Yes, I counted. She saved her mom from Elena. She didn't shoot her when she was pregnant, and they were in that bank, even after she found out she was the one that put her on that boat. She shot Katya with a dart, seconds after Katya tried to blow her head off. She reminds me of Michael Scoffield. Only showing mercy to those that mean her the most harm. Way too soft to do what has to be done. And Jack, he's the best! Hardly ever let emotions get in the way of his job; always looking at the big picture. He always has the same expression on his face, like nothing ever affects him. He'd be a great poker player.

And Marshall...........I just love the way he rambles on and on, until Dixon or Jack gives him that look. It's so hilarious! And that song he wrote for Carrie was great. I made that my ringtone. My favorite episodes are the one when Marshall was in the field. He's really good for a non-field rated agent. I think he and Syd would've made a good couple. Like Yin and Yang. And Lauren.......Even though she was a jerk, she was by far, the hottest person on the show. I'm glad I waited till now to watch this. It would've sucked spreading the episodes over 5 years, especially with that break in the fifth season.

marto_dd

[12]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 17
    AndreCSU wrote:

I finally finished. This is a great show. I wasn't surprised that Syd's mom was the bad guy at the end. I never trusted her for a second. I also wasn't surprised that Syd tried to save her seconds after her mom was trying to kill her. Marshall is favorite, with Jack being a close second. Sydney is by far my least favorite character, not just in this show, but in tvland altogether. When Sloane kidnapped Nadia, and filled her with that green junk. Sydney found them and had an easy shot at him, but she let him get away, for the 12th time. Yes, I counted. She saved her mom from Elena. She didn't shoot her when she was pregnant, and they were in that bank, even after she found out she was the one that put her on that boat. She shot Katya with a dart, seconds after Katya tried to blow her head off. She reminds me of Michael Scoffield. Only showing mercy to those that mean her the most harm. Way too soft to do what has to be done. And Jack, he's the best! Hardly ever let emotions get in the way of his job; always looking at the big picture. He always has the same expression on his face, like nothing ever affects him. He'd be a great poker player.

And Marshall...........I just love the way he rambles on and on, until Dixon or Jack gives him that look. It's so hilarious! And that song he wrote for Carrie was great. I made that my ringtone. My favorite episodes are the one when Marshall was in the field. He's really good for a non-field rated agent. I think he and Syd would've made a good couple. Like Yin and Yang. And Lauren.......Even though she was a jerk, she was by far, the hottest person on the show. I'm glad I waited till now to watch this. It would've sucked spreading the episodes over 5 years, especially with that break in the fifth season.

I'm so glad you liked the show )))

It's just the best show eveer )))

MsHiggins

[13]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    LostSux wrote:
    AndreCSU wrote:

Oh, my God, I love you!
    I thought I was the only one that felt this way.

trust me you definitly werent... it was so lame =/

Cristy0010

[14]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 24
    Hi! I'm from Chile and Alias is my favorite show, I just wanna invite you to visit my blog, I made a Syd-Vaughn memories with quotes and pictures. I hope you visit my profile here, and give your opinion about it.

wzychee

[15]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    I just started watching the show again (probably my 4th or 5th go round), and I'm just as into it now that I was when I first saw it. Season two = pure awesome. I'd like to go to a Bristow family picnic.

verbaldaggers

[16]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    It is a shame this board is so quite Alias is such an underappreciated show.

heroesfan07

[17]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    I love Alias. I got the first 2 seasons and they where great. I reacently got 3,4 & 5 I'm in the middle of 4. It's an amazing show PS I love season 4 the whole new storyline APO.

sapphyreseas

[18]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    I was an Alias fan from the start. Season 2...wow. Jack was the best character on the show, by far. Despite the dysfunction, I wouldn't mind having a father like him. Despite some of the things that rubbed me the wrong way (Eric leaving and never seeing Nadia again, Jack's fate - BOO!), overall the show entertained me and made me want to be a spy, even though I was in my mid-20's when it came out.

Celestra9

[19]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    Does anyone know of any good Alias websites? All those I've been referred to are no longer online.

As for the show I'm on my 10th watching. I watch all 5 seasons at least three times a year. I'm half way through Season 4 at the moment.

I totally agree with everyone about Syd and Nadia's reaction to Irina in S4. After EVERYTHING Jack has done for Syd she is still no naive when it comes to her mother and never listens to him. Nadia you can understand just a bit having never met her. But the level of trust the two of them have in her, after everything that's happened, is ridiculous.

Jack is the best TV dad ever

I thought they could have tried to have Weiss in the last couple of episodes, but at least he did make it into an episode of S5 after the initial opening episodes. And episode 100 was awesome with Will and Anna coming back.

I actually think all 5 seasons are excellent. I know there are quite a few people who have bagged S3, S4 & S5, but I loved them because they added something different. I'm just sad that S5 never got its full run of 22 episodes.

Page_47

[20]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    AndreCSU wrote:

Nadia and Sydney are both love-starved women. The fact that this affects their work is inevitable, especially given the insane circumstances they encounter.

However, remember that between the times Sydney saw her mother at the end of season 2 and the end of season 4, she had learnt that her mother had worked for a long time with her father to try and find her since her disappearance, she was then told that Irina had orchestrated her escape from Korea in season 3 ('Crossings'), and that she may have helped her when she'd been undercover as Julia Thorne. Then in season 4, she ultimately discovered that Irina has been working with Katya to bring down the Covenant, who had given Sydney plenty of grief since season 2, and that she had been betrayed by Jack and the Sloane-Clone, innocent after all. Meanwhile, Nadia had never met her mother, and her desire to, no matter how terrible she might be, had been expressed throughout the season. So when they meet Irina in the jungle, it's not surprising that they show compassion, especially considering her tortured state. The fact that Irina then cooperates fully and helps save the day gives them no reason not to trust her, given the circumstances. Effectively, at this point, Irina delivers fully on her promises.