Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Is the special box set worth it??

Is the special box set really worth trading in the others for?

MFC_34

[1]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 9

I'm wondering for all those who have the Rambaldi Artifact box is worth selling all the other dvd sets for. I bought a box set with seasons 1-4 on ebay. It doesn't have any of the episode guides or anything its just the dvds in a box which sucks. So i'm thinking about getting the original anyway. So before I buy all the other box sets I was wondering if the Bonus features in the Rambaldi set makes it a better buy.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KWthewanderer

[2]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    I've recentley purchased the "Rimbaldi " boxed set from Amazon, and I couldn't think of anything else that they could have realistically added to make it any better. But since I hadn't owned the previous versions of the DVD, I can't honestly say if it is worth trading for. The boxed set is very, very nice though...

archangelcory16

[3]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 32
    YES. The individual box seasons suck. I hate the way every box was completely different and they did not look attractive when lined up against each other. I bought the Rambaldi box and gave my other seasons away and I don't regret it. The bonus disc and book are awesome, the package is awesome. I don't regret buying it one bit.

MFC_34

[4]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 9
    Thanks for replying! I think I am going to buy it and trade in the others!

tennisrobe26

[5]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 22
    i have the rambaldi artifact dvd complete series and its awesome.

iluvgilmore7791

[6]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 19
    I think it's worth it. I haven't bought it yet, but I am going to buy it.

sweet_em

[7]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    I bought it from Sam's Club and it was completely worth it. For one thing I didn't have any of the individual sets and had only seen S1-3 and only the last few of S5. I recommend it!

Celestra9

[8]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 16
    I've just ordered it from Amazon, even though I already own all 5 seasons. I've already got a buyer lined up for them so that's a bonus. Looking forward to seeing the bonus disc and reading the companion book as well. I was annoyed that I only got a booklet with my Season 1 boxset and never got one with any of the others.

Celestra9

[9]Nov 30, 2007
    Well I finally got the Rambaldi boxset yesterday, and I must say I'm very impressed. The box is beautifully decorated and each season is in it's own little book with the season number on the spine so you can spot which is which easily. The inside if the box is velvet lined. I haven't had time to watch the Special Feature disc, which is located in a secret compartment under the discs.

I think it is definitely worth it. Plus I found out it is limited to only 40,000 boxes worldwide so it is a definite Collectors Item

blasiotti236

[10]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    If you are going to get the regular boxes anyway DONT get the rambaldi box set. first of all its cheaper and it is so worth it... It has all the same speacial features as the origional plus a bonus disk. also its set up pretty sick and the disks look cooler

blasiotti236

[11]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    DONT. period*** i meant get the rambaldi box set

kelzzz

[12]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    I have a question for anyone who owns it. Are the audio commentaries from the original DVDs on there? I've watched a few discs and I don't know if those were just discs without commentaries, but so far I've seen no indication or option to watch any. Except for on the last disc of season 2, but I think that was because there was an automatic special features section. Am I just looking at the wrong discs or is the rambaldi boxset really missing the commentaries?

Celestra9

[13]Dec 28, 2007
    kelzzz wrote:
    I have a question for anyone who owns it. Are the audio commentaries from the original DVDs on there? I've watched a few discs and I don't know if those were just discs without commentaries, but so far I've seen no indication or option to watch any. Except for on the last disc of season 2, but I think that was because there was an automatic special features section. Am I just looking at the wrong discs or is the rambaldi boxset really missing the commentaries?

From what I've seen (I'm up to the last disc of S3)there are the same commentaries as the regular DVD's. The discs themselves do not appear to be any different, just the packaging and the inclusion of the bonus disc. If there are commentaries they will be listed under the 'Bonus' option on the main menu.

archangelcory16

[14]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 32
    The discs are all EXACTLY the same as the individual sets.

acsgrlie

[15]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    Could someone please tell me what's on the bonus disc?

Celestra9

[16]Jan 15, 2008

acsgrlie wrote:
    Could someone please tell me what's on the bonus disc?

* Jennifer Garner's never-before-seen first interview as Sydney Bristow

* Exclusive J.J. Abrams interview

* Identity theft – Alias' sexiest Aliases

* Case Closed: Emotional cast reunion from the series finale

* Dossier 47 – The Secret of the Infamous Number * Fan montage, bloopers, and more!

Edited on 01/15/2008 9:12pm

Kadodian

[17]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 23
    I did not like the seperate releases that much but for some reason when I try to give them away I just can't.

benboy606

[18]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'm still watching Season 5, so I can't say anything about the extra disc, but the setup is amazing! I love it! It looks so nice, and everything! My only complaint is that the DVDs are set up against cardboard, and that's how they're stored, so there's a more likely possibility that it will scratch. But, all mine work.

crashingdoors

[19]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 13
    I read a LOT of reviews on Amazon forums and elsewhere, saying that they they bought one, discs were ruined, so they had to return it; next one came, it was also scratched, etc.

Have any of you found that to be the case at all? I've recently watched the first few episodes for the first time and now I'm extremely interested in getting the DVDs. Now I'm thinking of just getting the normal releases.

Then again, the people (on the Amazon forums) were saying things like "the discs came looking like someone dragged them across concrete" - doubt that's exactly true.

For those of you who have actually watched through most of the DVDs on your Rambaldi sets, have you noticed any problems with the DVD performance?

Celestra9

[20]Nov 6, 2008

crashingdoors wrote:
    I read a LOT of reviews on Amazon forums and elsewhere, saying that they they bought one, discs were ruined, so they had to return it; next one came, it was also scratched, etc. Have any of you found that to be the case at all? I've recently watched the first few episodes for the first time and now I'm extremely interested in getting the DVDs. Now I'm thinking of just getting the normal releases. Then again, the people (on the Amazon forums) were saying things like "the discs came looking like someone dragged them across concrete" - doubt that's exactly true. For those of you who have actually watched through most of the DVDs on your Rambaldi sets, have you noticed any problems with the DVD performance?

I've watched my Rambaldi set through twice now and every single disc has been perfect. No skips or pixelations at all. And I'm in Australia so they travelled a long way to get to me. I had also read all the posts on the Amazon forums, but went ahead and bought it anyway. I always clean new discs before I play them, so I had a look at every single disc before they played for the first time. I saw nothing like anything that was described on the amazon forums. So there were a few discs that had ever so light scratches, but that in no way affects how they play. I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find ANY DVD that didn't have light scratches but it will continue to play over and over again.