Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Is there any hope at all for more Alias?

StringentUpdoc

[1]Dec 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    Maybe a TV movie, mini-series, something on the big screen even? I guess it really depends on the DVD sales.

I just feel like ABC really gave the show a crappy deal. When Garner was pregnant, Season 5 started slow, and writing the pregnancy into the show was a lame idea. When ABC cut the season short, it made the last few episodes rushed and this show really deserved better. I'm kind of rambling now, but is there any hope?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Doobie718

[2]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    The fact is, that Jennifer Garner got pregnant, so what are you going to do? It's an action show. There's no way to hide the fact that she's pregnant. But to answer the question, I think that's it and that's all for Alias. Lots of shows talk about doing a tv or feature movie, but the only one that comes to mind that actually went through with it is X-files, and that wasn't even at the end of the series.

grimface_87

[3]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 21
    Unfortunately, i doubt there will be any more alias. But, enjoy your DVDs of one of the best shows of our time.

matrix103

[4]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 14
    I hope very much their is more Alias.

Page_47

[5]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    Doobie718 wrote:
    The fact is, that Jennifer Garner got pregnant, so what are you going to do? It's an action show. There's no way to hide the fact that she's pregnant. But to answer the question, I think that's it and that's all for Alias. Lots of shows talk about doing a tv or feature movie, but the only one that comes to mind that actually went through with it is X-files, and that wasn't even at the end of the series.

Firefly = Serenity, and a possibility of sequels in the future (tho probs no more TV seasons).

The truth is, ABC was a little mean in its treatment of Alias, in that it really shouldn't have brought the show back until well after Jennifer's pregnancy, but then again, maybe people would just lose interest in the year-long wait, and ratings would be even lower than they were in season 5, PLUS, Jennifer would probably only do the show for another two years tops wiuth a family to be with now (a la Lena Olin).
    So the decision to keep the show on really had to be made, to keep the franchise of any worth at all to the network. Unfortunately, whilst the pregnancy, for some, added another much-needed layer of emotion to the show's last season, it took away a lot of what other's wanted to see (e.g. Jen in a bikini). Hence the show's decline, and probably, hence the show will not get a comeback.
    But you never know - I can remember very distinctly Jen saying in an interview she'd be the first on board with any offical intentions to bring back Alias, in any shape or form.

sh811a

[6]Dec 25, 2006
    • level: 28
    Doubtful, we can only hope they would make a silver screen movie series out of it (much like they did with Star Trek).  The only logical way you will ever see Alias again is to purchase the DVD volumes of it and well theres always Fanfiction to look at. 

SVU_CSI_Xfiles

[7]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 15
    Doobie718 wrote:

Actually there is going to be a 2nd X-Files movie, but I agree, it just isn't something they can do.