Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Is this a good tv show? Is it worth watching?

brunettegmp

[1]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 8

Is this show worth watching? I remember always wanting to watch it but i never ended up doing it. So, i decided to get other peoples opinions. plz tell me if i should watch it or not!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PrestoBoy

[2]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 13
    It's an awesome show that, prohibiting spoilers, will shock all the time. I didnt start watching until the middle of season 5, and t is an awesome show. Totally worth every minute of your time. Just try the first few episodes of season 1, I'm sure you'll get hooked.

grimface_87

[3]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 21
    the show is like a big action movie and for the first season and a half theres a cliffhanger at the end of each episode. Like Presto said, watch the first few and if you like those, then ill tell you now it just gets better from there on in. If not, well then Alias isnt for you.

Ive said it before, but in my opinion, the first two seasons as a story is some of the best television i have ever seen. Great characters, great story, great action and just brilliant all round.

brunettegmp

[4]Sep 11, 2007
    thx, I think I will watch the first few episodes. Usually when i really like a tv show, i get HOOKED! like the first time i saw Dark Angel, I couldnt stop watching it. If you havent seen that show, you should totally watch it!

PrestoBoy

[5]Sep 11, 2007

Well you should get hooked on Alias. It's pretty much awesome! I like Dark Angel too.

seeroo

[6]Sep 25, 2007
    I didn't start watching it until it had ended and I got totally hooked! I had a big Alias marathon and thought it was fab. Plus the hot men!

jaffatealc

[7]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 11
    You are so lucky you haven't seen it yet. You have a lot of great entertainment in front of you, that is for sure.

Enjoy this brilliant show!

therockstop

[8]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    I am in the middle of the 5th season and I think it is going downhill. The first 4 seasons were great but no pregnant woman is going to be doing classified missions for a ghost organization. I will finish cuz I loved the first 4 seasons. Im just dissapointed with how season 5 is going.

malawi69

[9]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 21
    therockstop wrote:
    I am in the middle of the 5th season and I think it is going downhill. The first 4 seasons were great but no pregnant woman is going to be doing classified missions for a ghost organization. I will finish cuz I loved the first 4 seasons. Im just dissapointed with how season 5 is going.

I'm a huge fan myself, but the general consensus is that the show started going downhill in S5, too many new cast members replaced classic ones, Syd being pregnant just wasn't appealing, etc.

But on the other hand, the first 4 seasons were totally awesome, it's by far the best spy show I've seen so far. Totally recomed to watch

badrobott

[10]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    If you don't buy & watch all 5 Seasons you are cheating yourself out of the most thrilling entertainment available.

joshjr

[11]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 12
    malawi69 wrote:
    therockstop wrote:

I'm a huge fan myself, but the general consensus is that the show started going downhill in S5, too many new cast members replaced classic ones, Syd being pregnant just wasn't appealing, etc.

But on the other hand, the first 4 seasons were totally awesome, it's by far the best spy show I've seen so far. Totally recomed to watch

So far I would agree. I am in the middle of season 3. Once I get done with this series I am going to start watching MI5 and see if it is any good.

gjvrieze

[12]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    I watched the entire 5 seasons over the summer, and thought it was a great series, just be careful not to read spoilers on this forum till after you watch them:-)

SrRui

[13]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 105
    It's a great show.

wickedpetunia

[14]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    brunettegmp wrote:

Is this show worth watching? I remember always wanting to watch it but i never ended up doing it. So, i decided to get other peoples opinions. plz tell me if i should watch it or not!

The only problem I saw with the series is that it practically consumed my life for 5 years. Yes it is that good.

blasiotti236

[15]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    yes it is definitly worth watching! if u get the first season you will be addicted and have to run to the store to get the 2nd and third... unfortunatly the 4th (at least for me) was not as good as the others... and the 5th completely tanked which is why it went off the air so soon

mackymacaspac

[16]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 78
    You should. Definitely in my Top 5 Best Shows of All Time! Got too hooked that i watched all 5 seasons in less than 2 weeks.

alias004

[17]Dec 17, 2007
    So far I've only seen the first 2 seasons and I feel very lucky that I have 3 more in front of me...
    Edited on 12/17/2007 2:23am

JoeyzPizza47

[18]Dec 18, 2007
    I almost wish I could be watching the show again for the 1st time. It is so amazing when you see the first few episodes for the first time. I was so addicted back then. Who am I kidding? I'm STILL addicted! I watch the dvds all the time. The first 2 seasons were the best, 3 was good, 4 was ok, and I thought that 5 was better than 4 but COULD'VE been much better. I wish they got to make a movie or something.

cavanagh15

[19]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 35
    brunettegmp wrote:

100% Yes. I used to be in the same boat you were.

mackymacaspac

[20]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 78
    was able to watch only the 1st season on TV. last year i found the time to view all the other seasons in DVD. sleepless nights well worth it! once you pop a disc in your player, you can't stop!