Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Jus Started Watching Alias Season 3

omaritoto

[1]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 18

Honestly, I don't get why a lot of Alias fans dislike the third season.

I've watched the first two seasons and loved them. For some reason, I was afraid to watch season 3 and dislike the show. I've read so many bad reviews about it.

I stopped watching the show for about two years. That's when it hit me, I missed it so much! I got the third season and watched the first two episodes of season 3 and loved it! The cliffhangers are so good and the 'what happened to Sydey' arc is amazing. If the rest of the episodes are as good as the first two, I can guarantee that it'll be my favorite season!

Which season is better, 4 or 5?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelcory16

[2]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 32
    I personally liked season four more. Season five is FANTASTIC but towards the ends of the season the writers were forced to wrap everything up VERY quickly and you can tell, which makes it slightly less enjoyable, even though it's still entertaining.

Season three is very good, probably my second favorite, especially after the Rambaldi stuff gets going in the second half.

Kirs-t

[3]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    My most favourite season so far would be season two. The cliffhanger was spectacular and it really did have you on the edge of your seat! I liked the third season of Alias as well though! Sure it was a little depressing in some parts (especially when Sydney finds out what really happened to her) but in contrast to season two where everything was fine and dandy, season three was much darker. And perhaps that is why it is not so popular - because Alias fans much prefered it a little less gloomy. But if it wasn't for those events in season three, season four would not have been the same. As I'm an Aussie, the fifth season hasn't been aired yet, but I'm sure it's just as fabulous as the fourth

I hope you enjoy the rest of your watching!

OrsonWright

[4]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 19
    I don't find Season 3 any darker than earlier seasons.  I didn't like it as much because I started not caring, without Irina, without Will, without Francie, without Sydney attempting to have a normal life.  The "what happened in the two years" and the Lauren storyline didn't captivate me.  

dmarex

[5]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 103
    I find all seasons amazing, and Alias will always be between my Top 5 shows.

grimface_87

[6]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    i think all the seasons were great, but the one thing i didnt like were the self-contained episodes in season 4. Sure, they were great episodes, but Alias just isnt Alias without the bigger picture. You need the "Previously on Alias..."! But they were good episodes to get a new viewer into the show, and i think they aired after lost in the US(?) which was a good leadin.

vstherevolution

[7]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 26
    Season 2 + 3 are by far the greatest for me. Season 1 was really intense & eventful, Season 2 built on the action and focused more on the mythology & family, but with Season 3 the dynamics between Sydney, Vaughn, Lauren and Sark were incredible and showed a much darker side of humanity (even Sydney, and especially Jack Bristow) than the previous seasons, which I particularly dig. Plus Will comes back & so does Kendall to make for two of the best episode of Alias I've ever seen. When it comes to reinvention & keeping up the pace, JJ's got it down.
    Edited on 10/22/2006 7:27pm
    Edited 3 total times.

MovieMark17

[8]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 35
    Trust me. Season three unfolds nicely into an extremely fast paced, well written season!

omaritoto

[9]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 18
    I finished watching it a while ago. It's now my favorite Alias season. I still prefer 24, but Alias is good too!

Matthewv1

[10]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 1
    Simply put, many fans hated Lauren, that's why many didn't like season 3.

reeppi

[11]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    OrsonWright wrote:
    I don't find Season 3 any darker than earlier seasons.
    The whole storyline where the CIA wanted to torture Sydney (to death.. ) to find out her past was a little bit too much for me.

girlkyle

[12]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    I LOVED season three.  It took me a time or two of watching the first scene to get really into it, but it's actually really really good.  I was into it as soon as I saw the scene where Sydney tells Vaughn "What you came here for is closure, and there is not a chance you are getting that from me.  I'm not gonna tell you I understand.  I'm not going to sympathize and tell you how hard this must be for you.  But you want to know how I am?  I am horrible, Vaughn.  I am ripped apart.  And not because I lost you.  But because I would have waited.  I would have found the truth.  I wouldn't have given up on you.  And now I realize what an absolute waste that would've been."
    I was so in after that monologue.

Plus, I think I like angst a little too much for it to be healthy, in some cases.

archangelcory16

[13]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 32
    girlkyle wrote:
    Plus, I think I like angst a little too much for it to be healthy, in some cases.

Which may be another reason why so many people talk bad about s3...it was very angsty and dark, not many light moments like in seasons one and two.