Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Just saw the Series Finale

Laylee

[1]May 22, 2006
    • level: 6
    I just finished watching the finale. I haven't seen all the episodes of Alias from the start. But every time reruns are on I watch them to fill in the blanks. Recently I've been watching a few Series Finales and even though I haven't watched Alias in the same way, I have to say that it has been the best series finale yet. I think they did a great job at wrapping it up and having a descent ending showing how there lives are. A few more minutes would have been nice, but it was better then most.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HollabackKing

[2]May 22, 2006
    Yeah, it was a good finale. BTW, did anyone thought that Sark should have died instead of being let go?

VanGriffin

[3]May 22, 2006
    • level: 8
    There isn't much left for adventure shows, with the cancellation of Surface & Invation, with the latter ending with more of a cliffhanger. I wouldn't call the CSI franchise really adventure shows, except perhaps NSIC. So we are left with 24 & Lost, and a lot of comedies. I am really gonna miss this show. They said perfectly "Thank You for Five Incredible Years"

VanGriffin

[4]May 22, 2006
    • level: 8
    HollabackKing wrote:
    Yeah, it was a good finale. BTW, did anyone thought that Sark should have died instead of being let go?

Yeah I'm surprised myself thast Vaugn didn't kill him. Kinda surprised both Sids parents died. I was rootin for Jack.

Megz028

[5]May 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    I thought it was one of the worst episodes of Alias ever!!! How dare they kill Jack & Irina!!! They should have just ended Alias last season when it was still a good show. I'm so mad they killed spy mommy and spy daddy!!!

MetroidSA-X

[6]May 22, 2006
    • level: 20
    It was a great finale, I cannot believe that Jack died! Sure I loved the way he went out, taking out Sloane, but I really wanted a happy ending for him. I loved Sloane's fate, eternally being trapped under a rock in some dark cave...awesome. I was dissapointed with what happened with Irina, I really wanted her to end up being on Sydney's side in the end...

I have no idea what the hell the Rambaldi stuff was all about...I mean...huh? Eternal life? That's what the mystery was all along? Why exactly did they launch those missles? What the hell were the Horizon and all the other crazy Rambaldi things for...huh??? I just don't get it!

I was happy that Syd and Vaughn had theit happy ending, along with everyone else who did. Though, I wish it would of ended with Sydney going on that mission, wearing a wig. That would of been a PERFECT ending. Still, it was a good ending, it was great to see Isabelle put the thing together. Though I'm confused as to why Syd would want her to have that. Anyway, I can't believe the series is over, I really hope it lives on in a movie or something.

I loved the comment at the end, it really has been an amazing 5 years of Alias and it's really sad to have to see it end.

butterfly100

[7]May 22, 2006
    errrr I'm so mad! Alias deserved a better finale! I wanted Irina and Jack to live! I wanted Irina to be good to her family. Why did they kill so many people?!!! It was stupid. Syd acted like she was all happy in the future beach scene even though her mom dad and sister all died!

SeerMagicX

[8]May 22, 2006
    • level: 16
    butterfly100 wrote:
    Syd acted like she was all happy in the future beach scene even though her mom dad and sister all died!

ummm.... it many many years later.

people demand to much, i thought this was the best series finale to any show i've ever watched.

darianx

[9]May 22, 2006
    Yep, that was pretty good.  Not perfect, nothing is, but pretty good in sewing the series up for good.  Oh the irony of Sloane living in Rambaldi's tomb forever, crushed underneath fallen stone!  In regards to the Horizon thing; that was sorta glossed over, but you might assume it was broken in the fall - looking at it from Sydney's point of view, she didn't know what it was for either, so it doesn't matter.  Another assumption is that the Horizon had Rambaldi's blood in it, drawn from the red orb.  I am glad that the writers got their heads straight for the final episode because season 5 seemed to wander about quite a bit - I believe it was time to end it.  Goodbye to a fun show!

speedigy

[10]May 22, 2006
    • level: 14
    I thought this was fairly good finale, although not the best. They finally wrapped up Rambaldi thank God! That story line was so annoying. This series finale wasn't as I expected, it was different from the others that I've seen this month. One thing is for sure though, ALIAS went out with a bang. There wasn't a dull moment. It ended on a high note. I liked the message at the end Thank you for Five Incredible Years, that was the perfect touch. I've been posting this on all the shows that ended this year. Thank you to all the people who worked on Alias giving us Five Great Years of story and thrills.

craziiekiwi

[11]May 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    someone fill me in plz.. i thought vaughn  was dead?? why is he in the series finale ? cuz i havent been watching alias.. so how come vaungh is still alive ?

antdude

[12]May 23, 2006
    • level: 27
    craziiekiwi wrote:
    someone fill me in plz.. i thought vaughn was dead?? why is he in the series finale ? cuz i havent been watching alias.. so how come vaungh is still alive ?
    Watch the last few episodes.

FaithofGaia

[13]May 23, 2006

Francine was there!  I was so glad, even though it was a flashback episode.

Though that scene with Irina felt somewhat anti-climatic, I mean compared to that giant orb last season, this one wasn't all that threatening to me. 

Alias was my post-Buffy show, and now that there's no more Alias, I don't know where I'll get my female-buttkicking fix   And no, Veronica Mars doesn't count because she only investigates things. 

I'll miss Sidney Bristow.

TheTSArt

[14]May 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    I saw an interview with Jennifer Garner and she said something about finally seeing someone we've never seen before, but has been talked a lot about, in the finale. Did I miss whoever that was?

I just assumed it was going to be Rimbaldi and I think Sloane might have said something about him still being alive? Could something have been cut from the episode, perhaps?

flushking

[15]May 23, 2006
    • level: 9

i thought they did a great job. but before anyone bites my head off hear me out. i think that they made room for a spinoff, i'm not saying that there's going to be one, but i kind of got the feeling that if they wanted to, they could easily. we know rachel after syd told her she could go back to a normal life, decided to stay with the cia and even stays for years after. payton isn't dead! and dixon gets promoted. i wasn't there from the begining so i would love a spinoff.

george_bocolas

[16]May 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    Ya this Series Finale was awesome but I got some questions.  What happened to Kelly Peyton, I'm assuming that she got handed over to the CIA, did they keep her alive for a possible Spin-Off series, and they didn't really go over Rachelle's future. 

melbye80

[17]May 23, 2006
    • level: 33
    Kinda cool taht they started the episode in Sydney Australia. Great finale. Kinda dissappointed that Marshall wasn't on the beach with them in the end, and incredibly sad that Jack died. Also pissed that Irina didn't turn out to be good in the end. And there was a smidge of hope that Nadia was alive, so i was a little dissapointed there too. Din't really care about Toms death, i am sorry

jadednirvana

[18]May 23, 2006
    Pretty good series finale. I didn't really follow some of the Rambaldi stuff, but then I never have. Vague writing, imo.

Over all it was fun to watch. Cool to see Rachel go all "Sydney" on somebody's a$$. Sad to see Jack and Irina die. Sad to see Sloan live! lol

But they left a pretty good opening for a Movie at the end there. Sloan is still alive and so is Sark (SP). That means, somebody can rescue Sloan from his coffin-cave. They hinted in the end that Sydney's daughter is "special" too when she put together the puzzle. Maybe in years to come SHE will be kicking Sloan butt! Or maybe she has a role in the Rambaldi puzzle.

I remember in that interview with JG that she said something about seeing somebody often talked about, but never seen too. I don't have a clue what that meant. Unless, Sydney's daughter is the girl in Rambaldi's drawing???

Anyway, I am very sad to see the show end. I don't know what I will be watching now except Prison Break and Lost, come next season.

Doobie718

[19]May 23, 2006
    • level: 4
    My only thought would be that you KNOW Syd would have gone back for Jack, even just for his body, in which case they would have found Sloane.

???

inrd

[20]May 23, 2006
    Regarding Jennifer saying that we would see someone we have never seen before, I think I know who that is.  It is Rimbaldi.  The rose was Rimbaldi.  What do you think?