Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Just saw the Series Finale

tracy20745

[41]May 25, 2006
    • level: 3

charm3dkatie wrote:
      and Irina must've been on some drug or something. No mother in their right mind would try to kill her own daughter. That was a bit ridiculous. >_> 

Irina said in a few episodes ago, I don't remember which one, that she never wanted a child, that the Russian organization she worked for made her have Sydney to keep Jack close, so honestly, all of her so called "motherly moments" were just a lye.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zgirl8

[42]May 25, 2006
    • level: 1

I am a little confused by a couple of things regarding Rimbaldi.

-What did the amulet do? Was it showing the location of the Horizon? If so how did Irina end up with it? I just can't believe Sloane would trust her to go get it.

-What exactly gave eternal life, the placing of the Horizon in the tomb? WHat was the red plasma ball and why did it getting burst not effect Sloane's immortality?

-If the placing of the Horizon in the tomb gave eternal life, why was Irina not concerned when told "The tomb was lost"? Does the Horizon do anything by itself?

Please don't give me a hard time if I've missed something!

WHoever said they thought the Rose was Rimbaldi...that's exactly what I thought when I saw that scene. I guess he wasn't, though, since they show his tomb later.

Love the way Sloane got his in the end! Classic! Isabelle doing the puzzle was a little too predictable, though. They sure left it open ended, easy to continue in the future maybe? Alias the Next Generation?

fallenangelii

[43]May 25, 2006
    • level: 8
    It was still out of the box and somewhat finished.

I agree with zgirl8. They should at least have just cut the scene once Isabel saw the puzzle. Then have Syd and the others talk for a bit and have Isabel run out, leaving us to wonder whether she solved it or not.

Also, about your question:
    1) We don't know what the amulet does. It probably showed you where his tomb was and what to do with it. Irina got the sphere by stealing from Syd IIRC.
    2) Apparentely the water does. Placing it inside of the tomb just made it fill up with the eternal life-giving water. It probably has to make contact with your blood or something, hence why Sloane was revived.
    3) See above.

Page_47

[44]May 25, 2006
    • level: 11
    zgirl8 wrote:

I am a little confused by a couple of things regarding Rimbaldi.

-What did the amulet do? Was it showing the location of the Horizon? If so how did Irina end up with it? I just can't believe Sloane would trust her to go get it.

-What exactly gave eternal life, the placing of the Horizon in the tomb? WHat was the red plasma ball and why did it getting burst not effect Sloane's immortality?

-If the placing of the Horizon in the tomb gave eternal life, why was Irina not concerned when told "The tomb was lost"? Does the Horizon do anything by itself?

Please don't give me a hard time if I've missed something!

WHoever said they thought the Rose was Rimbaldi...that's exactly what I thought when I saw that scene. I guess he wasn't, though, since they show his tomb later.

Love the way Sloane got his in the end! Classic! Isabelle doing the puzzle was a little too predictable, though. They sure left it open ended, easy to continue in the future maybe? Alias the Next Generation?

Go to the main forum page for this Alias homepage, and check the thread started by me, about Rambaldi's prophecy proved to the letter; all your questions answered, at least as best I as I can answer them...

amtl

[45]May 26, 2006
    • level: 16

before_the_dawn wrote: Overall, it was a good ending, but not completely satisfying for the hardcore fan, IMO. It would have been far better to understand the severity of the "end of nature" of Rambaldi's final gift, and how Irina truly would have used it to her advantage.

I would like to think that eternal life is a pretty big thing in the circle of life. It would disrupt the balance, basically bringing fort the "end of nature", meaning the end of the natural order of things.

As for the finale, I don't think I've cried as much during any episode ever, regardless of what series. The biggest crying fest was during Reprisal, it was just so incredibly sad with Marshall and his wife and everything! All The Time In The World wasn't as sad, but it came pretty close. I really didn't want Jack to die, but the way he died was fitting. Sloane got what he deserved, finally! His faith was worse than death. The fact that Irina died didn't other me att all. I really hated her caracter, I know some people will be very upset by this but I kind of wish that she had never been on the show.

The ending scenes were great! I love Dixons qoute aboute Truth be Told, made me nostalgious. As for Isabelle and the puzzle, I agree with whom ever said that she tore down the tower to show that she wouldn't follow in her mother's fotsteps. And i don't think she is the Chosen One, that ended with Sydney.

Right now I'm waiting for the DVD-box to come out, hoping there will be ALOT of specialfeatures, maybe even a longer version of the finale?! *crossing my fingers* I have all previous seasons on my tivo, but I really have to buy the on DVD.

Thanks to ALIAS for entertaining me for five wonderful years. You will be missed.

dziperek

[46]May 26, 2006

Personally I loved the finally. And check this out http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2006/060526c.html . It has answers for some of the questions.
    Edited on 05/26/2006 11:58am

archangelcory16

[47]May 27, 2006
    • level: 32
    Wikipedia's entry on Milo Rambaldi explains everything.

Plachae

[48]Apr 13, 2008

Am I the only that thinks that Jack Bristow is still alive. is not that the "Alias Way" If there were an extension of Alias...he could easliy come back....

benboy606

[49]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    I loved it, personally! I was upset that spy!parents died, but at least Jack "killed" Sloane while dying, which was fabulous. I was just wishing for something a little more epic and showing what happened to Peyton! I know she probably went to jail, but she deserved to get closure!

Fallal

[50]Apr 28, 2008

A few notes from an Alias fanatic...

I'm glad that JJ killed off several characters and tied up the rest, because I would absolutely hate for someone to attempt an Alias spin-off. The prophecy came and passed, the story is finished.

First off, Jack. If he didn't die, he couldn't have uttered one of the most awesome lines of the series - "You beat death, Arvin. But you couldn't beat me." Next, Irina - consider this, she has just received The Horizon which, if you didn't get it, will allow her to live forever (she alludes to this when she says that she will never have to give her power up). Sydney comes along and tries to take it away from her, and she makes the only choice that makes sense for that character - she's done it before.

badrobott

[51]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think Jack is alive - Rambaldi juice splashed on him when he blew the joint.

JoeyzPizza47

[52]May 4, 2008
    It was a great finale, but there were a few things that I would've liked to have happened:

Nadia should've been awake for at least half the season. Bringing her back for 1 episode just to kill her was stupid. I like that she "haunted" Sloane, but I think her death would've meant more if we'd seen her. They could've just had her awake and in the background since the new characters had basically taken over her spot at APO.

The Horizon??? Looks an awful lot like the Sphere of Life... I was expecting something different. Also, in season 4 with the Sloane Clone, the real Sloane went psycho on that guy for saying that the endgame was eternal life. He even said "you bought the lie!" as he killed him. And then the endgame really was eternal life?

Not really a fan of what they did to Irina. They painted her so perfectly as a woman who walks that fine line between good and evil, and then she's just flat out evil? So basically her role in the end of season 4 meant nothing. They did a good job in "Maternal Instinct" with her struggle to be a mother vs. evil Rambaldi-obsessed, but they blew that in the end of the season.

And yes, the perfect ending would've been Sydney wearing a red wig. Full circle.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Alias. It's my favorite show of all time, and it was a great finale. But it could've been better.

HannaBanana579

[53]May 4, 2008
    I agree it was a good series finale because it seemed to wrap up any questions and ended on a good note. I believe it was one of the only Alias episodes not to end a cliffnote, which is a good and bad thing. However, I think that as Alias progressed the quality of the storyline decreased. Seasons one to three were amazing and fresh and the last two seasons were just mediocre to me.

JoeyzPizza47

[54]May 7, 2008
    HannaBanana579 wrote:
    Seasons one to three were amazing and fresh and the last two seasons were just mediocre to me.

I agree. Don't even get me started on Season 4. They should've gone with their original idea instead of scrapping it for stand-alone episodes.

vicky24c

[55]May 24, 2008
    • level: 24
    Perfect end to a perfect show!! I also loved how it tied up all of the loose ends and how Sydney named her son Jack!

marto_dd

[56]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 17

JoeyzPizza47 wrote:
    HannaBanana579 wrote:
    Seasons one to three were amazing and fresh and the last two seasons were just mediocre to me.
    I agree. Don't even get me started on Season 4. They should've gone with their original idea instead of scrapping it for stand-alone episodes.

What was the original idea?

Page_47

[57]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    JoeyzPizza47 wrote:
    The Horizon??? Looks an awful lot like the Sphere of Life... I was expecting something different. Also, in season 4 with the Sloane Clone, the real Sloane went psycho on that guy for saying that the endgame was eternal life. He even said "you bought the lie!" as he killed him. And then the endgame really was eternal life?

The Sphere of Life and the Horizon looked the same in that they were both spheres, yes, but the Sphere of Life was golden and the Horizon red with Rambaldi goo. There is some ambiguity regarding Sloane's contempt for the idea that Rambaldi was all about eternal life, but I think it was more about thinking he was about eternal life for all. He called the guy he was hitting "unworthy", and told him that he didn't understand Rambaldi's work fully. I think that, had the last season had its full 22 episode order, further explanation might have been given as to what Rambaldi's true followers, e.g. Sloane and Irina, would have done once immortal. I get the feeling they would continue the work of Rambaldi's domination of the world (Sloane had Prophet Five in his pocket by this point, don't forget), and Irina seemed particularly fearless with regards to her new power - it was obviously this fearlessness that led to her rashness and uncharacteristic actions that led to her death.

I believe that these were the concepts that the production/writing teams wanted to convey in the last episode, but I wish that they had been given more proverbial 'space' to do it in, to make it clearer to their audiences!

Also, I think the original idea for season 4 JoeyzPizza47 is referencing is Sydney finding out that Project Christmas is still active at the end of season 3 (instead they changed it so that she found out Jack had killed Irina), and that her father has been deceiving her. I actually agree that this could have been very interesting, if the writers had spun it so that Sydney felt once again betrayed by her agency and alone and against them. Some of my favourite episodes of the series (e.g. the pilot, 'The Two') revolve around Sydney going rogue to solve her problems.

HannaBanana579

[58]May 10, 2009

JoeyzPizza47 wrote:
    HannaBanana579 wrote:

I'm not sure if it was just that Jennifer couldn't do as much because of her pregnancy, or that J.J. was working on Lost, but something was missing.