Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Least Favorite character

Which character do you hate with a passion?! Why?

randan02

[1]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 10
    My answer is Sydney. Suprising isn't it? My big problem with her is her inability to see the big picture. Everytime something personal happens to her, she turns into a little girl. I have never seen the main character in a series whine as much as her. Certainly Buffy gives her stiff competition, but she can't top Sydney. When she figured out her mother was alive all she wanted to do was find her and talk to her; completely disregarding the fact that she was a cold-blooded murderer. When she came back, all she wanted was for her mommy to hold her and say she's sorry for abandoning her. She completely ignored Vaughn's and Jack's feelings about it. She got played and she deserved it. Then there was Sloane. I saw season 5 first and I couldn't understand given her hatred for him how he lasted 5 seasons. In seasons 1-4 she got infinite chances to put a bullet in his head; he gave her more than enough reasons. But she just made up stupid excuses time after time. She just couldn't see the big picture; how many lives she could have saved by ending his. For these and many other reasons, she is my least favorite character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilovnick

[2]Apr 16, 2007
    that is surprising but i do see your side of it, the way she calls her 'mom' if i had found out half the things that she had done i would be calling her by a first name basis lol even if she had just left me at the age she left sydney i would be calling her Irina i mean she didnt grow up with her, she might be her mother but she is not her mom.
    anyway my least favourite character(s) is rachel AND tom i just didnt know them i.e didnt care about them lol

Page_47

[3]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 11
    randan02 wrote:
    My answer is Sydney. Suprising isn't it? My big problem with her is her inability to see the big picture. Everytime something personal happens to her, she turns into a little girl. I have never seen the main character in a series whine as much as her. Certainly Buffy gives her stiff competition, but she can't top Sydney. When she figured out her mother was alive all she wanted to do was find her and talk to her; completely disregarding the fact that she was a cold-blooded murderer. When she came back, all she wanted was for her mommy to hold her and say she's sorry for abandoning her. She completely ignored Vaughn's and Jack's feelings about it. She got played and she deserved it. Then there was Sloane. I saw season 5 first and I couldn't understand given her hatred for him how he lasted 5 seasons. In seasons 1-4 she got infinite chances to put a bullet in his head; he gave her more than enough reasons. But she just made up stupid excuses time after time. She just couldn't see the big picture; how many lives she could have saved by ending his. For these and many other reasons, she is my least favorite character.

I'd like to see what you'd do in that character's situation. Incidentally, you should read Hamlet (if it wasn't a bit boring...)

randan02

[4]Apr 17, 2007
    You can't tell by my post what I would've done? I would've killed him. And Hamlet is not a good example. All the main characters died cause Hamlet didn't kill Claudius or whatever his uncle's name was, when he first had the chance. Can you count the number of people that died between seasons 2 and 5 because Syd didn't kill him after sd-6 crumbled?

AndreCSU

[5]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    It's not that I so much hate her, but she is stupid. There's a saying 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'. The number of times she got fooled is equivalent to the number of gadgets Marshall made in any given season. Her mother did such a psychological number on her that she tried to save her despite 30 seconds prior, her mother was trying to kill her. I'm referring of course, to the finale.

AndreCSU

[6]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'm talking about Syd by the way.

Page_47

[7]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 11
    randan02 wrote:
    You can't tell by my post what I would've done? I would've killed him. And Hamlet is not a good example. All the main characters died cause Hamlet didn't kill Claudius or whatever his uncle's name was, when he first had the chance. Can you count the number of people that died between seasons 2 and 5 because Syd didn't kill him after sd-6 crumbled?

My point was you cannot say what you would have done because you didn't grow up with the absentee father that she did (I assume - correct me if I'm wrong), you didn't lose your mother the way she did, you certainly didn't grow up with the perplexing hum of CIA training subplanted in your brain, impartially influencing everything you do, you haven't been betrayed by anyone you trusted and even liked for so long, you didn't work for seven or eight years as a spy who was taught never to use her advantage over others to kill them unless she absolutely had to, you didn't have your friends tortured, kidnapped etc. Ultimately, I very much doubt your life has been anything like that character's really, and, as a result, I think it's a bit rude of you to suggest that you would have done something different instead of what that character did - but hey, that's the beauty of free opinions.

P.S I suggested Hamlet because it's a brilliant example of how the mind can torture itself into doing things that it shouldn't. Everything in Hamlet points its protagonist towards murdering his uncle, but, through any means possible, his mind still stops him from doing it. As a result, terrible decisions are made, and people die.

PEACE

randan02

[8]Apr 18, 2007
    No rudeness intended. Peace 

tvfan332

[9]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 37
    Vaughn, he's pretty dull in my opinion.

athevolunteer

[10]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 20
    None of them. I love them all!

marto_dd

[11]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 17
    I really hate Sark

athevolunteer

[12]Apr 21, 2007
    marto_dd wrote:
    I really hate Sark

How come?

marto_dd

[13]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 17

I hate this kind of people... "I'm the coolest, I'm the blond bad guy and all the girls love me!"

He is just too sefish.

the_real_linda

[14]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    will and thomas oh and renee....just cant get away with how much they bored the heck outa me

athevolunteer

[15]Apr 25, 2007
    marto_dd wrote:

I hate this kind of people... "I'm the coolest, I'm the blond bad guy and all the girls love me!"

He is just too sefish.

Oh thats why I like him

farscapefanuk

[16]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 32
    Irina anoyed me a lot, she kept showing up saying she loved everyonethen it was ok then she would betray everyone. Same thing all the way till the final.

randan02

[17]Apr 27, 2007
    I second that.

OrsonWright

[18]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 19

I liked all the main characters in the first two seasons.  Lauren is the character that never grew on me and the one I hated the most.  If I had to choose one of the original characters, it would probably be Sloane because of all the hateful things he did.

The_Beekeeper

[19]Apr 28, 2007
    I always thought Dickson was a tool.

randan02

[20]May 1, 2007
    I was just watching the episode early in the 2nd season when Jack put a bomb under the building to frame Irina. Sydney actually cried cause she thought Irina lied to her. That is just reinforces my disgust for her. Nevermind the cia agents Irina slaughtered, and what she did to Jack many years ago. It's like 'oh my god, my cold-blooded, mass-murdering sociopathic mommy lied to me! I just can't go on!' Didnt it say somewhere during the course of the show Sydney was almost a genius? She must've took the remedial test.