Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Maybe Dixon should have died at some point...

Vyce3

[1]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    After season 2 he didn't have much of a point on the show, maybe he should have died or become a recurring guest like Tippin. Tippin on the other hand should have stayed another season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dmarex

[2]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 103
    Vyce3 wrote:
    After season 2 he didn't have much of a point on the show, maybe he should have died or become a recurring guest like Tippin. Tippin on the other hand should have stayed another season.

When I look back at it, yes, I can see that Dixon didn't have much story, but I just don't seem to care. He was a big part of the show and I'm glad that he was there. Yet now, I am able to see that both Tippin and Weiss had better stories, but there's nothing to do about it now.

Cold_Ember

[3]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 9

Even though he didn't have a major plot line he was still important to the story.  Plus, after Diane died it would have been just cruel to kill him.  Remember his two kids?  They'd be orphans if he died and they would have had to do something with them and it would have been hard to figure out what to do with them.  Plus Dixon is a much loved character and he had to live to be the Deputy Director.  He's one of the only characters whose intentions are always good.

Vyce3

[4]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 14
    ^ What about Weisz? Maybe they should have transfered Dixon instead of him

bonniekean

[5]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    I wish they kept Bradley Cooper's character around, too!!
    When season 3 came back and Will was gone, Francie was KNOWN to be dead, Vaughn was married AND Sydney's mother was out of the main cast, it was really bad for a while. However, I LOVED his guest star.

athevolunteer

[6]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 20
    I have to agree with everyone that I liked Bradley Cooper's character, but I always felt that it was nice to have Dickson around as like a creature comfort. I don't know I always thought we was cool.

Superdawg519

[7]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    I can see why Will was phased out.  Unless he continued to work for the CIA, his storyline wouldn't be very interesting.  And I can see how Dixon's death could make a good storyline, but I'm glad he stayed alive.  And Marshall -- it's good that Syd's friends from her SD-6 days all made it.  It's weird to think of how much they all went through, and how different they all are then they were in the beginning of the series.

OrsonWright

[8]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 19
    I'm glad Dixon wasn't killed off, though I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been, since his character did become less important after Season 1.  I'm sure they could have used him better if they tried, though.

I agree that Will had a lot of story potential, and should have been kept on the show.  Sydney didn't have any true non-CIA friends after Francie died, and Nadia and Weiss didn't cut it.

I'm glad Marshall stayed 'til the end.  He was what kept the show light.

wzychee

[9]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    Honestly, there are a lot of characters that should have been killed. That was Alias' one (or at least biggest) vice, I think. They live in this chaotic world where they're getting shot at and tortured on a near daily basis, yet EVERYONE (main character-wise, anyhow) finds a way to survive.

That was my biggest problem with the show. Case in point, and despite the fact that I loved the character, Sark... he made it through four seasons when he should have rightfully been killed off in the course of a single one.

I think JJ Abrams had somewhat of a learning curve with this show... not killing characters and constantly forcing the Ramboldi crap down our throats was something that could have been much more properly handled.

electricpeppers

[10]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 26
    I agree that Tippin should've stayed around longer... but Dixon was good to have around. Even if he was 'window dressing'.