Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Move is actually POSSIBLE.

JBentham

[1]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 15
    and no this is not another theory. this is a dry fact.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/09/exclusive-will.html

Jeff Pinkner(showrunner for Alias season 5) claims that the franchise is not dead and it mainly depends on Jen Garner if there would be a movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Page_47

[2]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    Whilst I'm sure beyond sure that Jennifer would be interested, I don't think Pinkner sounded like it was anything he had in mind for the future. Not to mention it would more likely have to be proposed by JJ, as he was the showrunner when it was at its most "successful" (based on ratings and critical response). I really wish they would consider an Alias film but at least the show got an ending that works. If they do make an extension of the series, I hope they do nothing to damage that.

36th_Phantom

[3]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 9
    Page_47 wrote:
    ) I really wish they would consider an Alias film but at least the show got an ending that works. If they do make an extension of the series, I hope they do nothing to damage that.
    i agree 100%, it had a great ending, and i want to see a movie too

Wanted23

[4]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 33
    I don't want a movie. The ending was perfect and the movie would only ruin that. Besides, Jen is going to have a baby soon and she will be her main priority, along with Violet, not a movie.

Doobie718

[5]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    The only acceptable movie would include spy daddy!!

idustrialhit

[6]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    A movie would suck because Sydney is supposed to have a happy TV ending. Sloane escaping would be terrible and anticlimactic, Irina/Jack are dead, etc.
    Edited on 12/22/2008 8:41am

Page_47

[7]Dec 27, 2008
    I think the best way by far to continue the franchise if they wanted to would be through comics, like Buffy Season 8. It could continue the story or fill in the gap between 2005 and when Syd and Vaughn are living on the beach without breaking the TV conclusion to the series, but still be canon.

crashingdoors

[8]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 13

I would kill for some new Alias... even if it's non-canon comics. Canonical comics would be cool too, but evil non-canon one-shots.

Actually I just had a dream the other night in which there was an Alias movie. I was watching it at the cinema with my dad, or a friend I think, and the movie was freaking in 3-D! It was crazy. I woke up a few minutes after the movie started, just when the ALIAS logo popped up on screen (exactly like it did in the show). Talk about diappointment.

The only thing I remember from the dream was that Syd was chasing Sark through some kind of white tunnel. It was almost like the inside of a futuristic subway tunnel (there were windows and everything) except its circumfrence was probably 3 or 4 feet. He got to the end of the tunnel and was in... a jungle or something, and as he was about to come out, he pushed over some dirt and rocks and the rocks popped out in 3-D. Then BAM, the logo.

Page_47

[10]Jan 21, 2009
    Haha, I'd get on the phone to JJ, it sounds like you have a vision!

Kadodian

[11]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 23
    I think the show should have lasted a little longer but the ending was perfect. I don't think there should be a movie.