Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

New to the Boards - Couple of Questions (Season 5 Spoiler)

djkiser

[1]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    While I've been a fan of Alias since it began, and I am devotedly watching reruns on TNT, I have a few questions for the rest of my fellow "addicts."

At the end of Season 4, is the car accident really an "accident"?  I don't recall any mention of it in Season 5, although I have not been able to see any repeats of Season 5 yet.

I have also read, in some of these messages, about the "magic" being gone between Syd and Vaughn.  Some say during Season 3; others mention Season 4.  Why is that, and what do you notice to make you say that?  I love their relationship in the storyline, especially how it developed and matured.  I guess I haven't been spotting a lack of romance between them.

Finally, I also read on these boards about a "feud" of sorts between Vartan and Garber.  True?  When?  What prompted it?  What was it about?  Is this why Vartan was "killed off" early in Season 5 (I almost stopped watching)?

I'd  also like to know about that - why was Vartan killed off?  Did he want to do other things?  Was it a massive write-in campaign that brought him back?  I hope so :-)

Thanks everyone!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

grimface_87

[2]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 21
    djkiser wrote:
    At the end of Season 4, is the car accident really an "accident"? I don't recall any mention of it in Season 5, although I have not been able to see any repeats of Season 5 yet.

no, its not really an accident. Prophet Five did it to kidnap vaughn

whasp187

[3]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 5
    yes it was an accident & they kidnaped vaughn 4 info & sid was in bushes [kickin but] wen she saw them take him.

archangelcory16

[4]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 32
    Well, in the bloopers for season four, Vartan is sort of mean to Garner in a few places, and they seemed annoyed by each other a lot. After they broke up I guess they lost most of their chemistry and you can tell sometimes, but other times not.

malawi69

[5]Nov 25, 2006
    djkiser wrote:
    While I've been a fan of Alias since it began, and I am devotedly watching reruns on TNT, I have a few questions for the rest of my fellow "addicts."

At the end of Season 4, is the car accident really an "accident"?  I don't recall any mention of it in Season 5, although I have not been able to see any repeats of Season 5 yet.

I have also read, in some of these messages, about the "magic" being gone between Syd and Vaughn.  Some say during Season 3; others mention Season 4.  Why is that, and what do you notice to make you say that?  I love their relationship in the storyline, especially how it developed and matured.  I guess I haven't been spotting a lack of romance between them.

Finally, I also read on these boards about a "feud" of sorts between Vartan and Garber.  True?  When?  What prompted it?  What was it about?  Is this why Vartan was "killed off" early in Season 5 (I almost stopped watching)?

I'd  also like to know about that - why was Vartan killed off?  Did he want to do other things?  Was it a massive write-in campaign that brought him back?  I hope so :-)

Thanks everyone!!

OK, by parts:

1) the "car accident" wasn't such it was orchstrated by a group called "Prophet 5", it's intent was to capture Vaughn so he could decifer a code only he knew how.

2) about the magic been gone between Syd and Vaughn, well in S3, Syd woke up after 2 years missing, only to find Vaughn married to another woman, who also turned out later to be a double agent for anothe rterrorist group.

3) the feud between jack and Vaughn has always been beacause Jack never felt Vaugh nwas good enough for Syd he tell him this in counteless ocasions.

4) as for Vaughn coming back in the later epis of S5 (which IMO totally sucked as a season) it was part of the story line, though i gotta say ALIAs without Vaughn is just as bad as it would be without Syd or Jack.

djkiser

[6]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. About the discomfort between Vartan and Garber, I perhaps misspoke. I meant between the two actors, not the two characters - I completely get how Jack and Vaughn have "issues." I had just read on some of these posts that the two actors were at odds, and I was curious about that. I am now re-watching Season 4 and am seeing indications of a less-than-romantic Syd and Vaughn, and I hate that. I miss the tension of Seasons 1 and 3 (when he was married).

malawi69

[7]Nov 26, 2006

djkiser wrote:
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. About the discomfort between Vartan and Garber, I perhaps misspoke. I meant between the two actors, not the two characters - I completely get how Jack and Vaughn have "issues." I had just read on some of these posts that the two actors were at odds, and I was curious about that. I am now re-watching Season 4 and am seeing indications of a less-than-romantic Syd and Vaughn, and I hate that. I miss the tension of Seasons 1 and 3 (when he was married).

Don't we all