Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

RAMBALDI'S PROPHECY PROVED TO THE LETTER. Please read, I worked hard on this.

Page_47

[1]May 24, 2006
    • level: 11

I cannot believe some of you didn't like the finale. Just in case this is posted somewhere else and I'm an idiot I'm sorry, but I just wanted to prove Rambaldi's prophecy (see below).

-Every question I can think of WAS answered:

1. Irina's agenda was ultimately the same as Sloane's: to finalise Rambaldi's work, and gain eternal life. To do this she manipulated anyone she could, including Sydney, to get as many Rambaldi artifacts and clues as possible to finnish his works.
    2. Sydney was trained for the CIA not just because Jack wanted to prepare her for people like her mother, but because of the puzzle she solved, a call-back to season 2, where the puzzle was linked with Project Christmas, which prepared Syd for CIA/SD-6, but was never fully explained.

Now Rambaldi:

3. Rambaldi's prophecy WAS correct to the letter. Sydney and Nadia fought over the device back in season 4, and now in season 5, Nadia did not survive: Rambaldi was never specific as to when it was that one of the two would die. Whoever said before on this forum that Sydney did bind his works with her fury was right because she was so driven by Sloane, but as mentioned at the end of the previous episode, she ended up giving Sloane everything he needed to "bring the greatest power unto utter desolation".
    Now we're assuming that desolation means 'destruction' etc, but it DOESN'T. Not here anyway.

The prophecy goes:
    "This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury. A burning anger, unless prevented. At vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."

So, everything up to from the bit where it goes "at vulger cost..." works out fine. Here's why it works from there on: Sloane was the 'greatest power'. Rambaldi called him that because he knew Sloane would be the one to actually realise his dream, something he believed in as passionately as Sloane did, thus calling him, and indeed himself, encased in the tomb, the source of eternal life, 'the greatest power'. Because of events that SYDNEY set in motion because of her fury, her need to end this, to take out Irina, to make the world safe for her baby, she left Jack, and Jack blew the tomb up, burrying his corpse and Sloane's ever living body forever, entombing them. One meaning of the word of "Desolation" is: "the state of being decayed or destroyed" (taken from a dictionary. THE OTHER MEANING OF THIS WORD IS: "sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned".
    Surely this is self explanetory:
    By "Greates power" Rambaldi meant nothing of the world today, or human activity, he meant himself, and his followers, follwing himself the known, acknowledged Rambaldi way of thinking. Sydney gave Sloane everything he needed as a result of being so desperate to end him. When Sloane was left in the tomb, he was abandoned, by Sydney, Jack, Emily, and at the very end, Nadia, so that the writers could emphasise his abandonment.

Everything in the prophecy came true. If you have anything else that you don't understand then try me. If you just read all that, I appologise, because you must be like 100 by now.

I loved the finale so much, and I love Alias.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

quirkytrinkets

[2]May 24, 2006
    • level: 5
    thanks, it makes way more sense now.

TVFAN103

[3]May 24, 2006

I have a few questions:

1) What was the thing that Irina stole from Jack and Sydney at the Bank in Maternal Instict?

2) What's the difference between the Sphere of Life and The Horizon? What is the Horizon?

3) Hadn't Sydney already fulfilled her prophecy by beating Elena Derevko?

4) How did Sloane become immortal?

I loved the finale too, but I'm confused. You seem to have all the answers.

Page_47

[4]May 25, 2006

1) Irina stole the ball with which Sloane filled with the red liquid.

2) I've checked screencaps and the sphere of life is not the ball Irina sent Sloane from Hong-Kong. The sphere of life was just another Rambaldi device, like all the others, but was placed so that the Passanger would see what was coming. I imagine Rambaldi's intention was to destroy the Chosen One. I was thinking about this last night -of course Rambaldiwanted Sloane and Irina to prevail, they wanted them to bring him back to life, and use his previous devices to pacify and control the world's population, using 'Il Delurio'; the flood, from the season 4 finale. The importance of the prophecy is that he wrote "unless stopped". "Unless". He always intended for the chosen one to be stopped, but, both due to Syd's unstoppable persona, and a mixture of Sloane and Irina's love for her and the actions they caused of killing many people who else would have killed her (e.g Nadia, killed by Sloane - that part was true too - "The Chosen One and the Passanger shall fight" and now in season 5 "Only one of them shall survive"). People always saw Syd as a threat in the prophecy, as they saw the 'greatest power' as the earth, or mankind, but in the end, Sydney was their only hope.

3) Yelena Derevko probably slowed the prophecy's realisation down with her perverted vision of becoming world ruler, and this is shown by a slowdown of the effects that occurred through Syney and Nadia's fight. Rambaldi probably hoped that one of them would die as a result of the fight, but, thanks to Yelena, Nadia was merely put into a coma, that caused Sloane to get closer and closer to Rambaldi, resulting in his obsession taking him over once again, resulting only THEN in Nadia's death.

4) The Horizon is the ball Irina recovered from Vancouver and sent to Sloane from Hong Kong - it was her bargaining chip, for a piece of the ultimate power. Once filled with what I would guess to be Rambaldi's, making that Rambaldi's tomb, truley rendering the greatest power, Rambaldi, unto utter desolation (see my first post - basically leaving them alone and unreachable forever). Without the Horizon, the blood could not have been extracted. With the blood (or otherwise 'fluid'), immortality can be achieved. It sounds over the top, unbelievable, but if you think about what anyone must have to go through to get to it, all the artifacts, all the alliances, all the fights, everything... it makes sense that is would have to be something as incredible as this.

Edited on 05/25/2006 12:06am

bravo90078

[5]May 25, 2006
    • level: 4
    ehh... you're reaching. I mean there's nothing technically wrong with your explaination but it certainly requires a large variance in the interpretation. And if you do that you can basically rework the words to mean pretty much anything.

It's like a guy shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre and then saying that "fire" is just the name of his cat and he was just talking to him on his cell phone.

Not to mention, there is no linear connection from the mention of the first rambaldi artifact (the mueller device) all the way to the horizon at the end. Theres big gaps in between.

Page_47

[6]May 25, 2006
    Did you watch the episode? The meuler device is what pours the liquid into the Horizon... it's the big ball of Rambaldi-fluid hovering above it before Sydney comes in! That's a huge link!
    I haven't done any massive re-interpretations, I've just linked everything together in a way that makes so much sense I don't think that the writers didn't intend for it to be seen this way, and the only word that really has to be interpreted at all is 'Desolation', for which, look at any online or book-based dictionary you want.
    For the record, no one's talking about cats in the Rambaldi prophecy, and we're not at a theatre...

TVFAN103

[7]May 25, 2006
    Did they have to drink the liquid to become immortal?

Page_47

[8]May 25, 2006
    Sloane didn't drink it... he just fell into it. If you wanted to go into it, I imagine that the serum works by soaking into the skin. The Horizon's main importance was just to activate the drainage of the Rambaldi fluid, via the meuller device-type thing. I imagine the reason Irina was so desperate to get it was simply because she could then use technology to duplicate the serum from the sample she had, to soak in it, like Sloane.

Doobie718

[9]May 25, 2006
    well because syd touched it (removed the horizon from the dais) do you think she'll be immortal now?

Page_47

[10]May 25, 2006
    No, I think it's a very biological thing, perhaps introducing some sort of regenerative bacteria through the pores in the skin, but Sydney never touched the liquid. If you became immortal though touching the the Horizon with it contained inside, Irina wouldn't have died from the fall, as she was touching the ball when Sydney apprehended her.

tsteel2

[11]May 25, 2006
    Page_47 wrote:
    No, I think it's a very biological thing, perhaps introducing some sort of regenerative bacteria through the pores in the skin, but Sydney never touched the liquid. If you became immortal though touching the the Horizon with it contained inside, Irina wouldn't have died from the fall, as she was touching the ball when Sydney apprehended her.

Most likely the liquid needs to enter your blood stream. Sloane fell into the liquid and had bullet holes...the liquid entered through the wounds and into his blood. Merely touching the Horizon won't do a thing.

TheTSArt

[12]May 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    I missed an episode here and there, so...

Is the red ball at the end like the one Sydney destroyed in an earlier season--the one that Vaughn got caught up in the release of it's liquid? Did that perhaps help him later on when he was shot in season 5?

Sydney's Mom tells her something near the end that sounds like "Rimbaldi is alive, Sydney." I've listened to it a number of times and am just not sure if that is what she is saying or not.

Also, wasn't there part of the prophecy that said she was never going to see the sunrise/sunset on a particular mountain? She went there, though, right?

tsteel2

[13]May 25, 2006
    TheTSArt wrote:

Is the red ball at the end like the one Sydney destroyed in an earlier season--the one that Vaughn got caught up in the release of it's liquid? Did that perhaps help him later on when he was shot in season 5?

Sydney's Mom tells her something near the end that sounds like "Rimbaldi is alive, Sydney." I've listened to it a number of times and am just not sure if that is what she is saying or not.

Also, wasn't there part of the prophecy that said she was never going to see the sunrise/sunset on a particular mountain? She went there, though, right?

I believe Syd's mom said "Rambaldi is LIFE"

And Syd did see the sky behind Mt. Subasio...but what the propechy was referring to was the image that would result when the amulet that Syd received from the guy in prison was placed in the sunlight at Mt. Subasio...what Slone saw when he brought the amulet there...which is why he said, "Sorry Sydney, but you're not supposed to see this." and then caused her to fall down into the snow.

Page_47

[14]May 25, 2006
    tsteel2 wrote:

Most likely the liquid needs to enter your blood stream. Sloane fell into the liquid and had bullet holes...the liquid entered through the wounds and into his blood. Merely touching the Horizon won't do a thing.

Yeah I like that, thankyou.

TheTSArt:

1. Yes, the red ball is the meuller device that was used in this case, to transport the Rambaldi fluid into the ball to make The Horizon. I think that the meuller device is ultimately just a continuation of Rambaldi's side-thoughts on how to store lots of fluid in a small space, as the Meuller device seems to compress water; the ball always explodes to release more water than there would seem to be in it in the first place.
    2. She says: "Rambaldi is life.". By this she's referring to everything the Rambaldi saga is supposed to end in, eternal life.
    3. This is a good point, and one that was only adressed in the penultimate episode, 'Reprisal': by the 'sky' behind Mt. Subasio (or however you spell it), Rambaldi meant that you had to see it through the lense that 'The Rose' character gave to Sydney in 'No Hard Feelings', the 15th episode of this series. That's why when Sloane held it up to look through, he had to stop Sydney from seeing, and shot her through the ground.

Ironically, nobody ever really realised that Sydney was the one that had to be stopped, and if Sloane had let her see the sky through the lense, the Chosen One would be no more, and although Sloane would probably die, another would probably excavate the tomb in the future, realising Rambaldi's dream without being stopped by Sydney.

tsteel2

[15]May 25, 2006
    Page_47 wrote:
    tsteel2 wrote:

Yeah I like that, thankyou.

TheTSArt:

1. Yes, the red ball is the meuller device that was used in this case, to transport the Rambaldi fluid into the ball to make The Horizon. I think that the meuller device is ultimately just a continuation of Rambaldi's side-thoughts on how to store lots of fluid in a small space, as the Meuller device seems to compress water; the ball always explodes to release more water than there would seem to be in it in the first place.
    2. She says: "Rambaldi is life.". By this she's referring to everything the Rambaldi saga is supposed to end in, eternal life.
    3. This is a good point, and one that was only adressed in the penultimate episode, 'Reprisal': by the 'sky' behind Mt. Subasio (or however you spell it), Rambaldi meant that you had to see it through the lense that 'The Rose' character gave to Sydney in 'No Hard Feelings', the 15th episode of this series. That's why when Sloane held it up to look through, he had to stop Sydney from seeing, and shot her through the ground.

Ironically, nobody ever really realised that Sydney was the one that had to be stopped, and if Sloane had let her see the sky through the lense, the Chosen One would be no more, and although Sloane would probably die, another would probably excavate the tomb in the future, realising Rambaldi's dream without being stopped by Sydney.

That's the beauty of it all! Everything they thought Syd wasn't supposed to do was what she was supposed to do all along! LoL, but I really wish that JJ or the writers would look on sites like this and post answers to our questions. That'd be great! At least that way we would have more than just theories!!!

TheTSArt

[16]May 25, 2006
    Thanks for the replies... I didn't make the connection to what Sloane said in the cavern to the prophecy!

TheTSArt

[17]May 25, 2006
    One other question... In a TV interview Jennifer Garner said we'd see a number of things in the finale, which included a ghost and someone we've heard about a lot, but have never seen before.

I understand the ghost reference, but did the other part happen?

fallenangelii

[18]May 25, 2006
    • level: 8

tsteel2 wrote:
    TheTSArt wrote:

I believe Syd's mom said "Rambaldi is LIFE"

And Syd did see the sky behind Mt. Subasio...but what the propechy was referring to was the image that would result when the amulet that Syd received from the guy in prison was placed in the sunlight at Mt. Subasio...what Slone saw when he brought the amulet there...which is why he said, "Sorry Sydney, but you're not supposed to see this." and then caused her to fall down into the snow.

Which was really stupid of him. The prophecy stated that maybe if she'd seen it, her anger would've been quelled. So he had nothing to lose by letting her see it. >_>'

Edit: I see more people have come to this conclusion XD.
    Edited on 05/25/2006 12:48pm

Page_47

[19]May 26, 2006
    TheTSArt wrote:
    One other question... In a TV interview Jennifer Garner said we'd see a number of things in the finale, which included a ghost and someone we've heard about a lot, but have never seen before.

Please find me the specific quote. I've checked everywhere but can't find it. She could be talking about a scene that had to be cut as the original finale was supposed to fit a 2 1/2 hour slot, but they were forced to stick with a 2 hour one so a lot of scene had to be lost.

tsteel2

[20]May 26, 2006
    Page_47 wrote:
    TheTSArt wrote:

Please find me the specific quote. I've checked everywhere but can't find it. She could be talking about a scene that had to be cut as the original finale was supposed to fit a 2 1/2 hour slot, but they were forced to stick with a 2 hour one so a lot of scene had to be lost.

She probably means Rambaldi. We have heard A LOT about it him but have never seen him. We saw his tomb. That's pretty close to seeing him!