Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

RAMBALDI'S PROPHECY PROVED TO THE LETTER. Please read, I worked hard on this.

Page_47

[21]May 26, 2006
    • level: 11
    I guess.. although I'd say she could also be talking about Issabelle as a young girl. Or Sydney pre-season 1.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tsteel2

[22]May 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    Page_47 wrote:
    I guess.. although I'd say she could also be talking about Issabelle as a young girl. Or Sydney pre-season 1.

Yeah, I guess Isabelle would work too. But that doesn't seem as huge a deal as seeing Rambaldi. Eh, who knows.

Page_47

[23]May 28, 2006
    Maybe she meant we'll see someone for who they really are: Irina. I mean she'd been talked about alot before in terms of her true self. Maybe that was it!

plazek

[24]May 29, 2006
    • level: 5
    We all have heard that JJ is working on new show which is similar to the ALIAS. What about if there'll be new actress who'll play Isabelle as grown-up daughter of Sydney Bristow .

f1ipboi14

[25]May 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    plazek wrote:
    We all have heard that JJ is working on new show which is similar to the ALIAS. What about if there'll be new actress who'll play Isabelle as grown-up daughter of Sydney Bristow .
    Are you sure about that?

Page_47

[26]May 30, 2006
    f1ipboi14 wrote:
    plazek wrote:
    Are you sure about that?

I heard he was working on a comedy set to debut in the fall. I sure hope it ins't an 'Alias' comedy!!

Lux22

[27]May 30, 2006
    • level: 6
    ok...since people are explaining things here I have one question:
    why they would not find sloane? the medical team was comming. they knew where they left jack. he was not there. would they not look for him? would they not notice that the tomb had collapsed? would they not dig to find his body? would they not then find arvin too?
    it seems weird to me that they would not do this. recovering the body would seem very logical.

Page_47

[28]May 31, 2006
    Lux22 wrote:
    ok...since people are explaining things here I have one question:
    why they would not find sloane? the medical team was comming. they knew where they left jack. he was not there. would they not look for him? would they not notice that the tomb had collapsed? would they not dig to find his body? would they not then find arvin too?
    it seems weird to me that they would not do this. recovering the body would seem very logical.

When a tv columnist interviewed Jeff Pinkner (the guy in charge of season 5), he said that Sloane was "trapped forever" indicating that he will not be found. I imaginethis is either because the explosion of Jack's bomb caused a minor avalanche, or caused the floor that they were standing on to collapse, leaving them at the bottom of an unrachabley low-down pit, which would be my guess, as the final scene with Sloane looks to be in a much darker, danker crypt-type surrounding.
    Considering a lot of footage for this episode had to be cut, I guess it's ultimately unimportant as to why Sloane has become so unreachable.
    But why would Rambaldi put such an architectural weakness in his own tomb? Because he knew the prophecy had to work both ways for it to work at all - if it were possible that his followers were to uncover his 'greatest power' he knew that he'd also need to set things in motion for the chosen one to render that same power "unto utter desolation". You can't have one without the other, you must have balance - so he set everything up for both prophecies to be realised, he just tried to warn as many of his followers as possible of the chosen one. Instead, their blindness in Rambaldi's greatness caused them not to see her as a threat, but indeed as an asset to what they were doing.

Lux22

[29]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    well...much darker could just be that the whole thing has collapsed on him.
    I hate when they make a very logical and whole story and then screw it up in these little ways. this eats away respect that I had for the whole show. especially in these times when every single shadow and smile is thought and accounted for in lost.

tsteel2

[30]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 4
    Lux22 wrote:
    well...much darker could just be that the whole thing has collapsed on him.
    I hate when they make a very logical and whole story and then screw it up in these little ways. this eats away respect that I had for the whole show. especially in these times when every single shadow and smile is thought and accounted for in lost.

It doesn't matter. The show is over. So Sloane will never be found! = )

LoL

smultronet

[31]Jun 7, 2006

I have some questions i've always thought about, maybe someone knows the answer. It's worth a try.

Were Rambaldis intentions for the bad or for the good? I mean with the immortality and everything? He must've seen how many that would have died? Was his plan meant to bring himself back somehow? I really dont get it.

What about the Orchid, When it's combined with other substances and seeded in water it would create "peace" and when the Mueller Device (red ball) was in connection with it, it would create aggresion? What was it all about?

archangelcory16

[32]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 32
    smultronet wrote:

I have some questions i've always thought about, maybe someone knows the answer. It's worth a try.

Were Rambaldis intentions for the bad or for the good? I mean with the immortality and everything? He must've seen how many that would have died? Was his plan meant to bring himself back somehow? I really dont get it.

What about the Orchid, When it's combined with other substances and seeded in water it would create "peace" and when the Mueller Device (red ball) was in connection with it, it would create aggresion? What was it all about?

I don't really understand that. In the earlier seasons, it seems like Rambaldi is innocent, had good intentions, and was a victim of his times, but going by the finale, he was not very good.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers altered the Rambaldi arc though, so who knows.

Page_47

[33]Jun 8, 2006
    WAY TOO LATE to go into it now but rest assured there is a LONG but answering explanation with evidence, but having written two exam-timed essays already today, I'm thinking I might leave someone else to do it better than me

Basically, it's all about balance... that's why Rambaldi had two prophecies, knowing that future generations could not fulfill one, without destroying the other.

In the case of the season 4 finale, it was looking like prophecy 1 would be fulfilled.

At the end of Alias (it hurts to type that), prophecy 2 was instead fulfilled, mainly due to the unforseen incompedence of Sloane.

idustrialhit

[34]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    Two prophecies? this makes so much more sense. =D

Page_47

[35]Feb 17, 2009
    Ugh, I'd like to apologise for heading this thread with the desperate cry "I worked hard on this" (thought I really did, of course).

Also, anyone who's REALLY interested in cracking the Rambaldi mythology might want to leaf through 'Investigating Alias', a book available on Amazon, which explores that and many other elements of the show, considering religious, cultural and even socio-political factors affecting them.

JoeyzPizza47

[36]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 8
    I don't think the writers really planned out Rambaldi's endgame very well. It basically kept changing every season, or they touched on things that never got explained.

Season 2- Vaughn got that virus that started with the bleeding from the fingernails, which the doctors said originated from the Mueller device. That was never talked about again (unless the virus was a side-effect of Irina not having all the pieces, like the Nightingale coil, the Orchid, and the sphere of life.)

Season 3- the prophecy was said to be Rambaldi's 2nd coming, by taking Syd's eggs and the Rambaldi fluid to make a child. Sydney stopped that, but it was never mentioned again. The prophecy with the Passenger was said that neither would survive. The Sphere of Life was said to be Rambaldi's greatest artifact.

Season 4- The Mueller device would bring about peace by bringing out aggression in everyone so they'd kill each other off and civilization could start over. The sphere of life didn't seem as important as previously made out to be, no more important than the nightingale coil anyway.

Season 5- The Horizon is basically the sphere of life all over again, which is a disappointment because the idea had such promise. They brought it back to season 1, with that SD-6 map, Prophet Five was related to Mueller, but in the end they re-used the sphere idea that never really did much in season 4 either. At least they brought back Mt. Subasio and addressed that part of the prophecy though. But overall I think they kept changing the story. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if J.J Abrams hadn't basically abandoned the show after season 2.