Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Series Finale: Disappointment or Awesome?!

Llama_of_Drama

[1]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    Dudes and dudettes, i know this thread has probably been done to death a hundred times over but I just had to ask cuz new to the forums and all but yea....In terms of ending  the series on a high note  and giving the sense of closure to the audience it did  it's job! Awesome....I've been an avid follower of the series since season 1 and i'd say it satisfied...now I might sound hypocritical now but in terms of quality etc: I'd have to say the final 2 eps seemed a bit rushed to me. Irina's sudden turn in character: no torn loyalty and completely obsessed now, not enough explanations of certain elements etc.Unfortunately the ABC didn't help by cutting down the season ...I found that entirely disrespectufl to the show and everyone who worked on it. I mean what was the harm in giving it a full season order to wrap everything up PROPERLY!  I understand why it was rushed since it was a short time frame but also they had advanced notice and I believe it could've been done way better had they had more time and more eps! But all in all i enjoyed it and it was well semi-satisfying (Oh and did anyone find Michael Vartan and David Anders hot as ever in the finale?! Whoo!!) ......so that's my rant.....what's everyone else think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelcory16

[2]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 32
    Both. It was exciting and not bad, but it was disappointing because the writers had to cram SO much material in the last few episodes. ABC was wrong for shortening the season like that. It's hard to follow the show when they compress the stuff of at least 13 episodes into like...7.

And also, I was disappointed because I felt like there were several plotlines that were most likely changed from what JJ originally envisioned.

myosotis75

[3]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    The finale was the biggest letdown since the Xfiles : truth takes time was about world domination and immortality ? Get real ! Sloane killed a guy in season 4 because he assumed Rambaldi's endgame was immmortality, Jack forgets to wear kevlar on a mission and 3 bullets are enough to kill him ? How many bullet wounds did a wimp like Vaughn survive anyway ? They managed to reverse everything we've seen since day one : Jack spies on Sloane for years, and suddenly, he trusts him to the bitter end, Irina looks like a cardboard villain, her daughter is killed and she doesn't even mention it, she even works with the guy who killed her ! In season 4, we learned that she spent more than 20 years trying to prevent the end of the world and find her lost child, and a year later she suddenly decides to destroy it, this finale was a farce !

Alias2001

[4]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 16

myosotis75 wrote:
    The finale was the biggest letdown since the Xfiles : truth takes time was about world domination and immortality ? Get real ! Sloane killed a guy in season 4 because he assumed Rambaldi's endgame was immmortality, Jack forgets to wear kevlar on a mission and 3 bullets are enough to kill him ? How many bullet wounds did a wimp like Vaughn survive anyway ? They managed to reverse everything we've seen since day one : Jack spies on Sloane for years, and suddenly, he trusts him to the bitter end, Irina looks like a cardboard villain, her daughter is killed and she doesn't even mention it, she even works with the guy who killed her ! In season 4, we learned that she spent more than 20 years trying to prevent the end of the world and find her lost child, and a year later she suddenly decides to destroy it, this finale was a farce !

1. Did you ever consider Vaughn had a bulletproof vest on?

2. The bullets didn't kill Jack, he blew himself up to paralize Sloane for the rest of Eternity.

3. "Truth Takes Time" had to do with fate... Irina knew what she was doing all along.

NakedSuperman

[5]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 10
    I have just watched the last two episodes about half hour ago, and I agree.
    As much as I loved it, it was undeniably disappointing. I feel like there's so many unanswered questions. And I wasn't that keen on how it was written.

This is a show that could have provoked a lot of emotion, especially the last two episodes, but I felt nothing, even though the acting was superb.
    I did expect more from the ending. And I agree that before a series is cancelled, the network at least lets the creators have reasonable time to finish up.

When I first watched the show, I was impressed but I didn't watch beyond the pilot. When I finally got chance to, I was hooked by episode three. This show kept me glued all the way through to the end of season two. After that, I was still intrigued, but by season 4 I only watched because I loved the characters so much. The last two seasons were amazingly weak in my eyes. And I think they could have done a lot better. Having said that, JJ, I thank you for such a show.

myosotis75

[6]Aug 27, 2006
    3. "Truth Takes Time" had to do with fate... Irina knew what she was doing all along.

You'll have to explain that in plain English, and to Lena Olin as well, cause the lunatic we saw in the finale contradicts what I've read from her in interviews, and it contradicts the way she portrayed Irina, unless of course, it was yet another double

About Vaughn and the bulletproof vest, it's exactly my problem, they all wear kevlar, except Jack during the finale ? Get real, as for Sloane do you really think no Rambaldi freak is going to visit the cave ?

LOSTatmyTV

[7]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    I like the finale I felt that they had enough closer but they still left some doors open if they wanted to do a Movie (tv guide said there was one in talks) or a spin off series (Alias: The next genreation)

Cruiserbaby

[8]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think it was a little of both but over all i was very happy with the outcome.

Daisyd2008

[9]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 8
    it was really good i liked it it kinda left you hanging you know what i mean well of course you know what i mean

SVU_CSI_Xfiles

[10]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 15
    I thought it was a great way to end the show, though i was sad it was ending it ended good.

RoyBGreen

[11]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 2
    I loved this series but the last season was lame and finale a bust! However, it ended as we would expect Sydney with Vaughn and their daughter ready to be the chosen one.

buffylives4eva

[12]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    This show ended very strange to me. It lacked the ecxcitement of the first episode. It felt unresolved. I think they did it that way so they could possibly make a movie in the future.

Page_47

[13]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    I loved the series finale. But instead of putting up a huge, argumentative rant here, I've decided that if you want to, I will argue the case for any aspect of the episode that you didn't enjoy, if you post it here, addressed to me.

laisita

[14]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 3
    I really liked Alias i was a loyal fan since the first season but my cable account in my country decided to take the channnel where was shown, I tried to keep on with the serie by reading the reviews but i couldnt so the last episode i saw was the finale of season three and the rest of season four  i had to read it...nevertheless i'm still way behind. So I was so surprised when i saw a video saying the last season of alias was so sad..........I just couldnt believe it so i was wondering if you guys will have a summary that really sums the last two seasons up

gunslinger78

[15]Oct 26, 2006
    The only dissappointment for me is that it is all over. The show never really let me down at all I began watching during season 4 and was hooked. I have now watched every episode from season 1 to the end and I am very sad to have it end.

FRE5Hmaker

[16]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    I loved Alias from the beginning and while I can't say I was disappointed it's really not how I saw the series ending. The whole fifth season was not up to par in my opinion. The finale, though, was better and was closer to the feel of the previous seasons. Jack was GREAT, it was the only time in the whole episode I felt EMOTIONAL. So halfway between awesome and disappointed..

HeleN_Corr

[17]Nov 25, 2006
    I was very dispointed!!!! I really wanted Irina to be good!! She was my favourite character!! And I didn't like the fact that Jack died, neather that Nadia too... For me the final episode is the one of season 4, except for the last scene...

archangelcory16

[18]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 32
    HeleN_Corr wrote:
    I was very dispointed!!!! I really wanted Irina to be good!! She was my favourite character!! And I didn't like the fact that Jack died, neather that Nadia too... For me the final episode is the one of season 4, except for the last scene...

I was also upset by the decision to make Irina "evil"...I mean, I believe she still loved Sydney, but that would mean she's simply insane, because no sane person would kill someone they loved for power.

Erm...I guess I take that back. Thinking about it, lots of people would do something like that for power.

But still, I would have much preferred it if Irina's character had been redeemed somehow.

whasp187

[19]Nov 29, 2006

i think it was great awesome

loved it i wish there was more

OrsonWright

[20]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 19
    I thought the series finale was decent... it wasn't horrible, just rather disappointing in terms of the long-term storylines. I didn't like how the Ramboldi prophesy ended, how Sloane came back alive, that Sydney's dad died, or what Irina's endgame was revealed to be.

I preferred the couple of episodes leading up to the two-hour finale. Because I think about those in combination with the final episode, on the whole, I was reasonably happy with how the series ended. I thought it was amazing how they brought back so many characters who used to be on the show... Will, Francie, Irina, Nadia, Sark, Anna, Vaughn, Weiss... that was great for the fans.
    Edited on 01/13/2007 8:07pm