Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Series Finale: Disappointment or Awesome?!

tvfan332

[21]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 37
    I loved it, especially the flashbacks and the parts with Nadia and Sloane.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myopics

[22]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 12
    Well, some aspects were handled really well whereas some were disappointing. I did not like how they suddenly made Irina a straight out villian, all of that brlliant character depth we saw from her in season 2 was gone. Also, the whole Rambaldi thing got old after THE TELLING, how many "endgames" does he have exactly?

Well, those aside, I loved the way Jack was portrayed in the finale, it stayed true to what he has been about throughout the series. I also loved how Sloane ended up.

generalbrent

[23]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 15
    I was glad to see characters finally die. I was disapointed to find out that sloane is invincible... so Sci-fi... I thought this was actiony type show, but... tsk tsk.. also, Sark is still alive! Surely he has escaped so many times and grr... annoying. Overall, closuer was good, but still disapointed

clairebear_nz

[24]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 14

I saw the final for the first time last night. I thought it was brilliantly done considering the amount of storylines that they had to end in a way that would continue to make you think, but yet actually "end", I hope when Lost ends, it ends as well.

I, for one, am glad Sark didn't die, I was rather a fan by the end! 

SportiChic

[25]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 2
    I saw the finale friday night here. It was...ok i guess but i didnt really like it that much, i really wanted them to explain some more rambaldi stuff but they just left it, didn't explain anything! That sucked. But it was alright i guess, but this season hasn't been that great in general. I loved season 1 and 2 tho and most of season 4!

buffy_gal101

[26]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    I loved the season Finale, I was just sad that Jack died, but the end when the showed Sydney's daughter finishing the testing puzzle thingy I am hoping they set themselves up for a possible spin off for Sydney's daughter, cause you know now that shes gonna somehow going to get sucked into the spy game.
    Edited on 01/25/2007 2:04pm

Vyce3

[27]Jan 26, 2007
    ^ Or that she was the one in the prophecy

dmarex

[28]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 103
    The series finale was amazing and I'm glad that everything happened the way it did. The show had an amazing run and although the writers had to fit a lot in the end, they did it in their best known way-surprising and thrilling.

Vyce3

[29]Jan 27, 2007
    dmarex wrote:
    The series finale was amazing and I'm glad that everything happened the way it did. The show had an amazing run and although the writers had to fit a lot in the end, they did it in their best known way-surprising and thrilling.

very true

Superdawg519

[30]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 7
    I loved the two-part finale. I loved Sydney's monologue, especially that it ended with "I've lived with secrets all my life, and I'm done." And then it cut right into the title card "Sydney" (!) with Michael Giacchino's great score. Then seeing the APO team in action on one simultaneous mission -- awesome. Especially Syd's escape. I loved that Marshall and Nadia both put Sloane is his place, and I loved that Jack chose to trap Sloane instead of healing himself in the Rambaldi liquid. And I especially loved Sloane's punishment, and how the Rambaldi eye is right above him at the end, haunting him. Very fitting. So yeah, it was an incredible two hours. (Oh, and I loved that Merrin Dungey came back for one last appearance.)

Boothaholic

[31]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 2

Well I felt that parts of the finale were ok but I didn't like the fact that Jack killed himself although he did do it to protect Sydney. The last scene at the beach I though was cheesy and tacky. It was so un-alias like. Like they ran out of time and just threw that bit in. Anyway thats just what I think.

sam24

[32]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 3
    I loved alias and for the most part the ending wrapped everything up but i have to say i was very disappointed at how they ended it for jack and irina. Somehow i thought they would have found there way back to each other in end i thought that maybe they were doubled. All in all not a bad ending just disappointed that the writers took the easy way out with them. I was hoping there would be some sort of twist for them