Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Spinoff News

allpowerfulxman

[1]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 2
    There has been discussion of two possible spinoffs.

One: Focusing in on the evil characters such as Peyton, Sark and Sloane.

Two: Focusing in on Rachel Nichols' character as she continues to find her way.

Personally I think they should combine both. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ssugarangel24

[2]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 7
    I love Alias, but I really don't think having a spinoff would be a good idea. The show is great and it should go out with a bang. A spinoff would ruin it.

tuleangel

[3]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 3
    Ssugarangel24 wrote:
    I love Alias, but I really don't think having a spinoff would be a good idea. The show is great and it should go out with a bang. A spinoff would ruin it.

I agree with you. A spinoff of Alias would ruin it. Look at Joey vs. Friends. I loved Friends, but trying to sit through an episode of Joey...ugh I would rather have a root canal...WITHOUT NOVICANE!!!

jawsomemax

[4]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 5
    an alias spinoff would be bad... now possibly down the line a movie? maybe. but a whole series of alias without the one thing that makes it alias.. jen.. would ruin it. she IS alias.. take her out and you dont have a show.

tuleangel

[5]Dec 9, 2005
    jawsomemax wrote:
    an alias spinoff would be bad... now possibly down the line a movie? maybe. but a whole series of alias without the one thing that makes it alias.. jen.. would ruin it. she IS alias.. take her out and you dont have a show.

I'm not even sure I agree with an Alias movie. Wasn't the one they did for a XFiles a huge flop?

CosaNostraPizza

[6]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 4
    tuleangel wrote:
    jawsomemax wrote:

I'm not even sure I agree with an Alias movie. Wasn't the one they did for a XFiles a huge flop?

I agree a spin-off would be a bad idea & a movie could potentially be disastrous as well, but how cool would it be if they did an HBO movie (don't think the show would really translate well to the big screen)on the two years that Sydney went "missing". Obviously she got to do some wicked missions. That would be sweet.

LOSTatmyTV

[7]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 4
    My friend thought (i happen to disagree with him) that they should do an alias cartoon series. Like the bonus feature on the season 3 dvd

allpowerfulxman

[8]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 2
    There has also been talk about an Alias movie. But rmember Elektra.........

tuleangel

[9]Dec 9, 2005
    CosaNostraPizza wrote:
    tuleangel wrote:
    jawsomemax wrote:

I agree a spin-off would be a bad idea & a movie could potentially be disastrous as well, but how cool would it be if they did an HBO movie (don't think the show would really translate well to the big screen)on the two years that Sydney went "missing". Obviously she got to do some wicked missions. That would be sweet.

That I agree with. I think HBO could do an Alias movie very well! (I also agree that it would not translate to the big screen well and I think it would have a hard time finding an audience.)

Ormingstoke

[10]Dec 11, 2005
    allpowerfulxman wrote:
    There has also been talk about an Alias movie. But rmember Elektra.........

I didn't think Elektra was too bad, certainly not the best movie ever, but at least it was better than DareDevil.

Anyway, how is Elektra any indication at all of what an Alias movie would be like, Jennifer Garner could only work within the constraints of the script and the story of the Elektra movie, Alias would have a different writer, director, cast (except JG) to Elektra. It could be a great movie, but they'd need the right story.

tigerocker

[11]Dec 11, 2005
    Yeah I do not think a spinnoff would be good. Spinoff's ususally tend to go bad. But do you think that they will be able to get all the good original cast mates beack for the final episodes... I hope so

jadednirvana

[12]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 1
    I hope they don't do a spinoff. And seeing as how I THINK they are going to make the season finale a happy ending, they shouldn't even tackle a movie. They should just let the series end gracefully.

jawsomemax

[13]Dec 13, 2005
    i guess when i said movie.. i meant a tv movie.. and now that you say HBO.. im thinking it would work..

UnrealSpy

[14]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 1
    SAVE Alias!!! Look, Alias has been a little rocky with Jens pregnancy lately, but it will get better. Problem, Alias is officially cancelled. Solution: E Online is having a contest, where the show with the most emails sent in from a list on their website will win a chance to be saved!

All we have to do is send an email to: tvdiva@eonline.com with the subject: "Alias" on it and a few words why Alias should be saved. If Alias has the largest number of emails, E online will take our case to ABC and all of the other possible networks to plead our case for them to save or pick up our show.

Come on people... get to emailing!! Save Alias, Sidney still kicks butt, and has alot more butt kicking to do!!!

Email: tvdiva@eonline.com Subject "Alias" to save our show.

Thank you!

UnrealSpy

specialdork1122

[15]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 14
    i think that thy should end the season with a bang and that's it. they should make it memorable and not have a ton of other stuff..like with friends and joey..

Ssugarangel24

[16]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 7
    I did this earlier today and it sucks that you can only vote once. I voted for Alias, though I am really sad about Charmed's cancellation also.

jawsomemax

[17]Dec 21, 2005
    I really think its time to say goodbye to Alias.. Its been such a fun show, and a cool show to see... But as a huge fan, even I doubt the continuation of the show...

I voted for the E Online thing, but I voted for Veronica Mars, because its more likely to get another season, as opposed to Alias, which has been officially cancelled now

time to say goodbye to a great show, lets just enjoy the amazing final episodes.

WheresTheBomb

[18]Dec 21, 2005
    A few problems with this:

1.E! doesn't have any say
    2. JJAbrams decided it was time to end, ABC didn't cancel it because of low ratings...the ratings have held pretty steady.

mikecanada

[19]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 13
    WheresTheBomb wrote:

2. JJAbrams decided it was time to end, ABC didn't cancel it because of low ratings...the ratings have held pretty steady.

No ABC called him in for a meeting and told that they were ending the show
    It was not JJ's decision