We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

The Horizon

archangelcory16

[1]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 32
    Episode discussion.

My favorite moment so far was the "spoof" from the season one episode.

"You just threw your cell phone into the Pacific. Twice." hahaha
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MetroidSA-X

[2]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 20
    Wow what an amazing episode, easily the best this season, it was friggin awesome! I mean what's not to love Sydney remembering stuff that happened with her and Vaughn, AWESOME! Irina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe how good this was. Sydney didn't just give them the info she's smarter than that. can I just say once more, IRINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved Peyton as evil as ever, and Renee as awesome as ever and Jack as cool as ever. The nursery at the end, what the friggin hell do they want with her baby!??!?!!?!? Oh and a CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love me a good cliffhanger and this was definetly one, where is that ship headed to?!??!?! All I can say about this episode is this is Alias at its best and I cannot wai6t for the final episodes of this AMAZING show.

hmorsey

[3]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 7
    Yeah, this episode was excellent! I loved Amy Acker as Peyton. And I could not believe Irina was back already! Great spoofs on a lot of great Sydney/Vaughn scenes. Why do they want the baby? I guess we will find out in March.

Heather

Parae434

[4]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 9
    I liked it, but the flashbacks got a bit tedious. "Go to Vaughn" "Okay!" "I have to go away or they'll use me to get to you." "No!" I appreciate the spoofa ge but they could have done better with the new dialogue.

It was good to see SpyDaddy be a badass again. Grace being married? WTF? Does that mean that he's going to be getting more screen time then?

And i will say that I wasn't expecting the person behind the glass to be Irina. All i can say is that she better have a good excuse for this...

Poor Syd, she's literally up S*** creek without a paddle, and pregenant!

Ssugarangel24

[5]Dec 14, 2005
    Wow, that was an excellent episode. I was not expecting her mother!!! And I found the flashbacks very interesting. I am so sad that Alias is ending, but I am happy that it's going out with a bang like they said in the trailer for future episodes. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old faces on Alias.

martymcflyjb

[6]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 10
    Holy crap, I am blown away. I knew the writers had it in them. The whole time I'm thinking "this is a good way to bring Vaughn back with these flashbacks" and then I notice what I saw as hints that he is still alive. Then I'm thinking, "well who could be behind that glass?" I thought it would be cool if it was Olivia Reed or someone like that. It never even crossed my mind that it could be Irina. When it was revealed, I flipped out. I seriously was jumping up and down with glee in my living room. I could not think of anything more perfect. Amazing episode. Definitely top 10 for Alias.

I'm so glad I didn't spoil that twist for myself. Or was it even online? Does anyone know. Maybe they kept it super-secret and it wasn't even on spoiler sites. I hadn't even heard any real rumors that Lena Olin was coming back, and I really thought that if she did it wouldn't be until the finale. Incredible!

ojaziz

[7]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 5
    martymcflyjb wrote:
    Holy crap, I am blown away. I knew the writers had it in them. The whole time I'm thinking "this is a good way to bring Vaughn back with these flashbacks" and then I notice what I saw as hints that he is still alive. Then I'm thinking, "well who could be behind that glass?" I thought it would be cool if it was Olivia Reed or someone like that. It never even crossed my mind that it could be Irina. When it was revealed, I flipped out. I seriously was jumping up and down with glee in my living room. I could not think of anything more perfect. Amazing episode. Definitely top 10 for Alias.

I'm so glad I didn't spoil that twist for myself. Or was it even online? Does anyone know. Maybe they kept it super-secret and it wasn't even on spoiler sites. I hadn't even heard any real rumors that Lena Olin was coming back, and I really thought that if she did it wouldn't be until the finale. Incredible!

I have to agree. I was surprised to see it was Lena Olin behind the glass. I also have to agree that Vaughn is most definitely alive. Maybe it has to do with the little conversation that occurred between Vaughn and Irina at the end of season 4 on the plane. Bottom line the show was great and I can't wait till the next episode.

jadednirvana

[8]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 1
    Super episode! The best by far all season!!

IRINA IS BACK!!!!! WOOHOOO!! I loved that twist. I was not expecting it at all, nor was i really expecting Peyton to be working for HER of all people.

The flashbacks did get a bit tedious, but the rest of the epi made up for it.

Personally, I don't want to see Vaughn come back for a happy ending. I don't know why!!! I just don't.

I'm proud of my little observant eyes, they spied the that the doors in Sydneys escape scene were that of either a submarine or a ship -- and that the cut scenes with Rene and Jack were not connected. Score one for me!

Did you guys notice that it looks like Irina set up an exact replica of Sydney's baby room in that warehouse place Jack and Rene ended up??? Creepy!

cokebeard

[9]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 11
    this was a great episode. the only thing bad about it and it has nothing to do with the episode is that my buddy watching this with me called irina the moment that electronic voice was used. i dismissed it as crap. but as i kept watching it and discussing at commercials, he had me convinced before the big reveal. that douche bag cheated me out of my big reveal. other than that this was terrific. the end you could tell she was on some water vessel when she was wandering the corridors. i thought she was back at an oil rig again. pretty unoriginal thinking on my part now that i look back. her on that huge tanker and the helo backing up from her for that big shot was pretty cool. the whole vaughn and sydney thing in her mind was ok to good. ya kinda new she wouldn't be broke though. if this is how the rest are gonna be, i can't wait.

CosaNostraPizza

[10]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 4
    Definitely the best episode of this season! Absolutely fantastic! Can't believe so many Alias viewers didn't give the show enough credit to stick around 'til this ep!!

Jack - ruthless as ever in matters concerning Sydney. Good Ol' Jack.

Renee - wicked bad a$$ in her short but sweet screen-time.

Sydney & Vaughn - dream-state quasi-flashbacks were a great way to tie previous seasons together. And I agree that Sydney is too smart to have revealed the actual information that Irina was trying to procure from her.

Irina - does anything more really need to be said?! I don't think there's another character we are so conflicted about. We love to hate her!!! She better have a good reason for doing this to Sydney or Jack is gonna make her pay BIG time. hahaha. Maybe Nadia will come out of the coma to give her mom a little payback.

I can't believe we've got to wait so long for the final episodes!!! But they definitely gave us some theories to ponder during the wait.

orxis

[11]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 6
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

trackd

[12]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 12
    this was a very good episode...wow...
    also very interesting to see the info they were after...
    it would seem that they could've gotten that info somewhere else...if irina would've asked sydney she probably would've told her? hmm..weird...irina did seem to care for sydney as she wanted to make sure he didnt hurt the baby and to make sure she was taken care of.....
    must know what happens!!!

damn... I'm gonna miss this show

st1983

[13]Dec 15, 2005
    I'm in agreement, best episode of the season, i'm almost tempted to go back in the season one ep and see if i can see what's in the upper right hand corner of the map, can't help but wonder what this has to do with SD-6

100bullets

[14]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 1
    This episode JAMMED!!!

Coolest by far! Only, I think Jack should've tortured that jerk who knew Syd's whereabouts! Also, since when does Jack need someone else to carry out his lightweight?

Seems like we're in for a helluva ride!

martymcflyjb

[15]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 10
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is the best episode since The Telling, the season 2 finale.

Parae434

[16]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 9
    Better than Marshall and his spork?!?

So does anyone have any ideas what Irina's endgame might be? Is she protecting Syd somehow or just being the b!tch everyone thought she was in the beginning of S2. Oh, the possibilities...

f1ipboi14

[17]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 5
    I can't believe I missed this episode. Fortunately, I found a way to watch it today.
    I love how they put all together this episode from the flashbacks, imaginations(esp. beach scene), drama, and the twist (actually I had a hunch who was behind the glass and I was right). Still... by far the best episode this season. Reminds me of good ol Alias.

Looks like I have a New Year's resolution. Alias dvd marathon from the beginning before the new epi will air.

kudas082

[18]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 2
    This was an awesome episode. The opening scene confused me a bit because I've been watching season 1 repeats on weekends. It was weird seeing season 1 Sydney and then pregnant Sydney a few hours later.

All the flashbacks were really interesting because I like that kind of creepy sci-fi stuff where someone goes back in time (which kind of happened here). I particularly liked when she threw her phone into the ocean twice and the part when she drew that map of SD6 just before Vaughn shows her the actual components of SD6.

I like reading this forum but was glad I didn't come here and read spoilers about Irina's return before this episode. Unfortunately the surprise of Sark coming back last episode was ruined by the promo ABC ran right before they showed it, but I digress. It's awesome to see Irina back before the show ends and teaming up with Peyton. Kelly Peyton is this cute little thing on the outside but she's an evil, cold-blooded killer on the inside. I'm not sure why but that actually makes her even hotter.

Parae434 wrote:
    So does anyone have any ideas what Irina's endgame might be? Is she protecting Syd somehow or just being the b!tch everyone thought she was in the beginning of S2. Oh, the possibilities...

I think Irina is protecting her. The fact that she didn't want to hurt the baby is proof of that. She also told Peyton to make sure Sydney was comfortable instead of killing her. I can't decide if the nursery Jack and Rene found is related to her plan.

cokebeard wrote:
    that douche bag cheated me out of my big reveal.

Ha ha ha! Douche bag.

JoeyzPizza47

[19]Dec 26, 2005
    • level: 8
    Awesome episode. Never expected to see Irina behind the glass. I really wonder what she's up to. Clearly she doesn't want Sydney hurt, but does she plan to keep her and the baby? Or just the baby? Very weird. I think Vaughn is alive now. Sydney noticed how he died right after he drank from the cup. That WAS significant! And the fact that Irina is behind this makes me think Vaughn is somehow related to it. At the end of season 4, Irina told him that she knew what he was up to. And she told Syd that she'd be at their wedding, so I don't think she'd say that if she knew she'd kill Vaughn the next day. Who knows?

Oh and going back to the SD-6 days? AWESOME!!!! This goes back to the 2nd episode and the map of SD-6!!!! I love it! I wonder what that name is and what the heck the HORIZON is. Gotta be Rambaldi related.

On another note, this IS alias. Who here thinks that Renee didn't really kill the doctor? We heard gunshots but didn't see it happen. On this show, if you don't see the person get shot in the head, they're not dead. Renee would so keep him alive to find out what that guy knows. Anyone agree??

specialdork1122

[20]Dec 26, 2005
    • level: 14
    man..i can't wait til after the break!!! i lvoed this episode! it is awesome irina is back!! yess!! and i was soo happy we got to see vaughn agan!!!