Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

The Supernatural Element - Spoilers For 5x17

benboy606

[1]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 7

I was talking about this on another thread, so I thought I'd bring it here. There was an obvious supernatural element in "Alias" that boiled up at the end of Season 4, and at the end of Season 5, once more. What are your opinions on this element? Would Alias be better off without it? What was your reaction to Sloane's immortality in "All The Time In The World"?

For me, I think it's great. They've obviously hinted at this throughout the course of the series, and to see it all pay off and come up from the little plot points was fantastic. Sloane's immortality was a great shocker and I loved it cause that means that awesome Jack/Sloane scene. Personally, I thought it was nice.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvfan332

[2]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 37
    I mostly liked it...the zombies in the season four finale were a bit much but I still enjoyed the episode, and Sloane's immortality was great because of the Jack/Sloane scene you mentioned.

marto_dd

[3]May 10, 2008
    • level: 17

There were some supernatural elements in the show even in season 1. Remember that guy, Rambaldi's friend who lived 500 years...

I think it's all great ^^

ParkPlace2623

[4]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    Sloane got what he deserved, but I would have preferred ALIAS to not have anything supernatural about it... But that really gave it its charm.

LostSux

[5]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 6
    Was Sloane trying to help in Savodga, or was he just being his treacherous self?

Kadodian

[6]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    It's great that they added supernatural elements to the show.

Page_47

[7]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    LostSux wrote:
    Was Sloane trying to help in Savodga, or was he just being his treacherous self?

I'm not actively targeting all your posts! You just ask some interesting questions.

I think both Irina and Sloane worked to stop Elena mainly because of her perversion of Rambaldi's work, stemming from Meuller's contributions from the beginning of the series. They knew that Elena and Rambaldi's endgames were not the same thing, and they also knew that if Elena realised hers, they wouldn't be able to get to theirs. So they stopped her, pretty much just to root out the competition. And the fact that Irina got to help her family and take the opportunity to show that she loved them was a bonus.

michael_LB92

[8]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 24
    I must be the only person who really didn't enjoy the supernatural elements. I didn't mind them, but personally, I reckon the show could've been better if it just stuck to plain possible.