Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

This or That?

TVISMYLIFE2006

[81]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    That Irina works for them....that was shocking! Plus, secretly deep down, didn't we all already know that Lauren was a bad guy? Okay, now.... Chemistry between Will and Syd or chemistry between Lauren and Sark?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Page_47

[82]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    Lauren and Sark

That scene with them and at the underwear store was fantastic!

Now:

Director Chase or Director Kendal?

malawi69

[83]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 21

KENDALL all the way, (though we later learn he wasn't really CIA, but FBI), still Kendall's attitude was awesome, great guy. That said Dir. Chase wasn't slaking either, she made a good stand for herself, specially with Dixon JAJAJAJA!!!

now...

Freakiest technology in the show: Project Helix   ,   Rambaldi's Red Fluid Sphere   ,   the Virus that made people shatter like glass (S4)

archangelcory16

[84]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 32
    I'm gonna choose...the virus that made people shatter. I mean, that's just odd. Cool, but odd. The weirder the show got, the more I loved it.

Grossest moment on the show:

Sydney digging into her stomach in her dream in "Prelude" (season three) or the guy's skin falling off in "Nightingale" (season four)

Page_47

[85]Dec 11, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    I'm gonna choose...the virus that made people shatter. I mean, that's just odd. Cool, but odd. The weirder the show got, the more I loved it.

Grossest moment on the show:

Sydney digging into her stomach in her dream in "Prelude" (season three) or the guy's skin falling off in "Nightingale" (season four)

Oh you know this show too well

Well I'd have to go with the season 3 stomach deal. The fact that it was clearly a nightmare added an element of horror that "Nightingale" couldn't really contend with.

Now:

Gina Torres or Jennifer Garner as the role of Anna Espinosa?

malawi69

[86]Dec 12, 2006

Page_47 wrote:
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    I'm gonna choose...the virus that made people shatter. I mean, that's just odd. Cool, but odd. The weirder the show got, the more I loved it. Grossest moment on the show: Sydney digging into her stomach in her dream in "Prelude" (season three) or the guy's skin falling off in "Nightingale" (season four)

Oh you know this show too well Well I'd have to go with the season 3 stomach deal. The fact that it was clearly a nightmare added an element of horror that "Nightingale" couldn't really contend with. Now: Gina Torres or Jennifer Garner as the role of Anna Espinosa?

Gina Torres, all the way once Anna had been "helixed", she just lost all appeal, she wasn't gonna speak like she did, wasn't gonna go round kissing security vaults, etc. For me Anna died when she came out of the tub with Syd's DNA fluid.

Now... BEST INTERROGATION : Jack & Haladki with the vice   OR  Sark, Lauren and Vaughn with the cattle prod   OR   Will & the asian dentist with the sodium penthatol

archangelcory16

[87]Dec 12, 2006
    I don't recall the first one, so I choose Lauren, Sark and Vaughn.

But technically, my favorite was when Vaughn was beating up Sark (I think it was a few episodes after Sark initially interrogated him but before Sark and Lauren interrogated him AGAIN, lol)

Hmm...

Which storyline do you prefer regarding the season 3 cliffhanger? The rumored continuation of Project Christmas (I read that that's what it was originally supposed to be) or the whole thing with Jack executing Irina?

Page_47

[88]Dec 14, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    I don't recall the first one, so I choose Lauren, Sark and Vaughn.

But technically, my favorite was when Vaughn was beating up Sark (I think it was a few episodes after Sark initially interrogated him but before Sark and Lauren interrogated him AGAIN, lol)

Hmm...

Which storyline do you prefer regarding the season 3 cliffhanger? The rumored continuation of Project Christmas (I read that that's what it was originally supposed to be) or the whole thing with Jack executing Irina?

I will be VERY INTERESTED when I get my mits on that book (my region 1 dvds are coming just before Christmas) - but I stick to the direction they went in in the end. Involving Irina in season 4 not only added another, very rich layer of emotional context to that year (which was very much necessary considering the lack of any other ongoing plot-lines until the second half of the season), but was also a great tribute to the writers of the show, considering Irina was an important part of at least 8 or so episodes in that season, and Lena Olin was only in 2

So yeah. The latter

OK GO:

Francie or Allison?

archangelcory16

[89]Dec 14, 2006
    Well I'm fairly certain Irina would have had a major arc in season four even though it wouldn't have been what it become.

Anyway, I choose Francie over Allison. She and Syd were just great friends and I loved her personality.

Hmm...which guy for Sydney? Vaughn or Sark?

malawi69

[90]Dec 14, 2006

[QUOTE="archangelcory16"]I don't recall the first one, so I choose Lauren, Sark and Vaughn.QUOTE]

it was in the finale of S1, when Jack deduces that someone's been leaking info to Khasinau, he suspects it's Haladki the pencil-pusher who is always trying to get Vaughn into some sort of mess, Jack kidnaps him from his car, next thing you know Haladki is strapped down to a table with his right hand in a vice, and for every wrong answer the vice closes a little more until eventually, Haladki spills the beans, and they are too much for Jack to handle, bang! Haladki's gone with one shot

that said both Vaughn and Sark are pretty decent opponents, I mean they're actually the A and B side of the same record, both are pros, slick, capable of going over the edge, capable of torturing the other, they have a somewhat similar taste in women... mmm tough one I think I'll go with Sark, just because I always wondered what would happen if he and Syd ever ended up together. now...

BEST OF SYDNEY'S MEN:   Daniel Hecht  or   Noah Hicks  or   Will Tippin   or   Michael Vaughn   ???

archangelcory16

[91]Dec 15, 2006
    Vaughn.

I had a big long explanation but my computer messed up. But shortly, I think Syd had the best chemistry with him.

Page_47

[92]Dec 30, 2006
    Best cameo guest-appearance:

Ricky Gervais or Rodger Moore?

jeffardy

[93]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 7
    Roger Moore

Favorite S&C torture: teeth-drilling or epoxy-swallowing

Page_47

[94]Jan 3, 2007

The teeth! Start with back ones, if you don't mind...

Now:

Best Syd hairstyle (don't you tell me I'm scraping at the bottom of the barrel - I've got PLENTY LEFT!!):

With the fringe (late season 3 - season 4) or without (seasons 1, 2 and 5)?

myopics

[95]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    Without.

Which situation presented a more thought-provoking moral dilemma: Sydney allowing Sloane to be killed to cure Vaughn or Jack framing Russek to save Sydney?

malawi69

[96]Jan 27, 2007

Jack framing Russek, I mean poor guy he was an SD-6 operative all right but I bet he was one the ones that didn't know what really went down at Credit Dauphine. Sloane himself was dirtbag so I'm sure Syd didn't loose sleep that night over that.

now... BEST CAR CHASE:  Syd and Sloane after escaping from the bank (S2)   ,   Syd and Vaughn after Sark and Lauren at the parking lot (S3)   or Syd and Lauren chasing Bomani when he abducts Sloane (S3)

Page_47

[97]Jan 28, 2007
    Syd and Lauren chasing Bomani - pretty much the only time I ever suspected that Lauren might be good.

Best Rambaldi device:

Il Dire (The Telling) or Il Delurio (The Flood/Mueller Device)?

Superdawg519

[98]Feb 14, 2007
    Il Delurio, especially in "Before the Flood." I don't know if this was asked already, but SD-6 headquarters, CIA rotunda, or APO office?

malawi69

[99]Feb 15, 2007

Superdawg519 wrote:
    Il Delurio, especially in "Before the Flood." I don't know if this was asked already, but SD-6 headquarters, CIA rotunda, or APO office?

Yep it was already asked, it's a t the bottomo of page 1 of this thread...

Anyway here's a new one:

Best Vaughn characterization: Goth Hacker (S3) or Warzone Priest (S4)

Superdawg519

[100]Feb 15, 2007
    Sorry about that.

Goth hacker, for sure.

Best sassy Sydney: Purple-haired Sydney in "The Getaway" (S2) or Paris vandal in "The Index" (S4)?