Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Vaughn Death?

buffyjl

[21]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 20

sean2evo wrote:
    You've gotta be kidding me?! I'm only up to 5x10 but you cant be seriously telling me that Vaughn isn't dead?!
    One well placed bullet, on average will kill a someone in this show and in real life one well place bullet will do the same. Vaughn gets 3 rounds of an mp5 unloaded into his chest. He should have been dead instantly.

By your own words, he should have been killed instantly in that episode. But he wasn't, they showed him survived in the hospital.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

acsgrlie

[22]May 1, 2010
    • level: 8
    I was always suspicious of his death because I just couldn't believe that Sydney and Vaughn weren't going to end up together.

Was anything going on at the time with Michael's contract or was it done purely for the storyline and to shake things up a bit since they were in their last season.

EviSpanidou

[23]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 1
    It's been a year since the last message and I don't know if anyone is still watching this site. I'm a new fan of Alias from Greece. I have the same question as acsgrlie. Why did Vaughn "have to die"? The show wasn't the same without Michael Vartan. I have to admit, I cried when Vaughn "died". I felt empty.... Alias was on of the best programmes ever!

vartanaholic

[24]Mar 12, 2011

Vaughn´s death was due to things of Michael´s contract! During the 5th season, Jen Garner is a producer, and it´s said that Vartan´s exit was one of her conditions...maybe they weren´t so best friends after their split! I love Alias, and I noticed a lost of quality in this last season! They should have ended with the same actors, keeping the storyline from the begining that was pretty cool! I miss Greg Grumberg, Bradley Cooper, Mia Maestro...and of course..the most I miss is Michael Vartan!! Nice to see, people continue loving Alias...

JanetCooper

[25]Jul 26, 2011

The scene at the pier was a lovely companion to the scene in Season 1/Ep 4 "A Broken Heart"...In it Vaughn tells Sydney not to let her rage at the ugliness of the world darken the beauty of her spirit...In "The Horizon," Vaughn tells her that SHE is the one who has kept the darkness from overtaking HIM...

Jack gave Vaughn sodium morphate, the same drug that Sloane used to help his wife Emily fake her death...Vaughn is sipping it through a straw, and then goes into cardiac arrest...

I thought this plotline was brilliant (it sure got me crazy the first time I saw it), and the reveal at the end of "Maternal Instinct" was just plain astounding...

JanetCooper

[26]Jul 26, 2011

Michael went to Australia to film "Rogue," and that's all it was...No firing, no animosity, no "Jen hates him now" tabloid bullsh**...Just Michael wnting to do a film with this director he admired...

In the episode where Sydney is sitting in the rocker playing Vaughn's tapes, we hear Michael's voice...It was recorded over the telephone from Australia...

JanetCooper

[27]Jul 26, 2011

A few bullets did get around or under the vest, enought to perforate his liver or whatever...So he was wounded, and pretty touch & go for a while, but I'm guessing that the monks used all their ancient arts to heal him, all those months he was in Bhutanepal ...That's not hard to understand...And he was still limping when Anna/Syd came to see him...

BTW, I thought it was so cool how Vaughn just went along with Anna's (terrible!!) masquerade, just let her think she was getting away with it...Anna is just not a social person, she hates men, and her knowledge of Vaughn & Sydney's relationship was non-existent...She made several telling mistakes (the kiss, the gaffe about Vaughn's eye color, the lack of emotion when she was telling him about Isabelle)...Vaughn is far from stupid, his favorite thing is to just listen and watch, and keep his mouth shut...He just let her make an ass of herself and then he lowered the boom...

"And for the record, you're a TERRIBLE KISSER!!!!"