Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Vaughn's alive?

gunnar189

[1]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 7

I saw this show week-by-week when it was broadcasted, and I didn't understand it then, and when I saw it now for the 2nd time, I couldn't understand it either.

WHEN DID SYDNEY FIND OUT THAT VAUGHN WAS ALIVE?

If you care to explain, explain as if you've seen the whole show, as I'm probally done within I check here again.

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AerynSun2

[2]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 4
    i don't exactly remember when but it was near the end i think. I remember he had gone into hiding and pretended he was dead but he came back out.

farscapefanuk

[3]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 32
    She always knew he was alive but they preteneded he was dead so he could go into hinding from Prophet Five.

gunnar189

[4]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    In "I see Dead People" the 3rd last episode Vaughn explains to Dixon that Jack gave him something to induce a deathlike state, and 4 hours later, Jack's contact gave him the antidote and brought him to Nepal.

It seems to me, that this was decided after the episode "The Horizon" because they took a few months off to film the ending of the show.

Holtsav

[5]Jul 6, 2007
    It was rubbish to resurrect. Like the Dallas. Pffff!

AerynSun2

[6]Jul 17, 2007
    What do you mean it was rubbish to ressurect him? You just want him to die? He's awesome, and Sydney's baby can't not have a father. I was so glad to see that he was alive, it wasn't rubbish, this show is practically fantasy b/c how many times ppl die and come to life, why change it now. The writers did an amazing job, so did the actors.

Holtsav

[7]Jul 19, 2007
    It was unnatural b*llsh*t. Front of the season Syd and Jack talk to each other in private about Vaughn, like a "dead man". Which concerns the baby, the stepfather could have been Will. I only watched it further, because i knew, that the serial will be over. 24 and Prison Break, these are much better. The producers liquidates sympathetic characters without a prick of conscience. Nothing resurrection or the like of it.

MnEmMandiLlama

[8]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    It wasn't rubbish, i would have been sad if Vaughn died. He's so cute. *puppy dog face*

willlol

[9]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 10
    I'm glad he wasn't dead, but still.... it was reeeeeeeeeeeally lame the way they brought him back, like, you knew he wasn't supposed to come back, but the producers decided to bring him back at the last moment and they had to figure out how to bring him back...

the show got way too crappy from season 4 til the end.
    well, season 4 was not bad, but it didn't feel like alias anymore with these one-shot episodes...
    and season 5 was... well... it was very very uber disapointing.

buffyjl

[10]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 20

Holtsav wrote:
    It was rubbish to resurrect. Like the Dallas. Pffff!

Not at all. Vaughn actually survived like 20 bullets into his chest and was alive in the hospital, that shoulda bin your 1st clue. Then he died, but only after Sidney gave him something to drink; just like Jack did to Arvin in S3 before he was given a death penalty, which was reversed by what Jack put in his drink.

So Vaughn's resurrection was very well though out. Perhaps the only question is how were they able to keep it secret for so long? I guess they're professionals.

MnEmMandiLlama

[11]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    I swear, they needed to have a permanent hospital room for him. Everytime you turn around he's been shot, or has some fingernail disease, or sydney stabbed him, or he's been tortured! lol. Sydney needs a half time room. she goes to hospital a lot too.

buffyjl

[12]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 20

Fingernail disease! That's a good 1!

Explains why Vaughn didn't go around pointing at people like, "You! are going down."