Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Which season is the best?

laurenauer

[1]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 6

What season of ALIAS do you like the best? i like them all but my favourite would have to be season 2 and 5.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myosotis75

[2]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    Season 2, because Lena Olin and Victor Garber have the best chemistry ever

I also like season 1 because the show was fresh and made sense back then.

grimface_87

[3]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 21
    1&2 together are a great story

buffy_gal101

[4]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    My favourites were 1,2, and 4. 1 because of the great missions and stories, 2 because of the missions and stories and Vaughn, and Sydney are finally together, and 4 because of APO, missions stories, sydney and Vaughn get back together, and Sydney and Nadia get closer as sisters. Season 3 was awesome too but I hated Lauren, and season 5 was also awesome but I hated the fact that they added new people and got rid of Weiss, and that Nadia died because of Sloane, and then he imagined her tere for the remainder of the season.

electricpeppers

[5]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 26
    I liked season one a lot... got a bit annoying after season two, the whole vaughn thing. =/

dmarex

[6]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 103
    Definately season 2. The chemistry between actors. The SD-6 destruction story. The presence of Lena Olin. It all makes sense. It had great episodes and an amazing twist followed by an amazing finale. Definately the best season. However, I love all the other seasons too, but the second one was the best.

Vyce3

[7]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    I enjoyed all the seasons but maybe less season 4. If I had to pick my favorite I would have to go with season 2. Also I might one of the rare person who actually enjoyed season 3 a lot. Seeing Lauren and Sark in action was very entertaining. Season 5 had great new characters that should have been introduced earlier.

bonniekean

[8]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    Season 2 is so far my favourite (I have only seen the first 4 and will see the 5th one soon)
    But I actually liked Lauren - mainly cause Melissa George is Australian - but also because her relationship with Vaughn was just so much like Jack & Irina's (which I think bought Jack closer to Vaughn)

GameCuber018

[9]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 1

The first two seasons were both phenomenol, so it's hard to pick between them. I don't think there was a sinlg eepisode in either season that wasn't amazing. If I had to choose, though, I think I'd have to say season one was the best. I could change my mind, though, after I rewatch season two. Season three was a very very slight botch below the first two. I thought Season four was kind of meh, but it seemed better when I rewatched the DVDs. Season five was pretty good. I'd rank them: 1 > 2 > 3 >5 >> 4

Superdawg519

[10]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    I love them all, but if I had to choose, I'd say 2 and 4.  2 was great because of the spy family, Syd's home life and work life colliding, etc.  4 felt fun and fresh; I love the APO dynamic, especially with Nadia -- and I'm pretty much in love with the APO set.  I hope I'll be able to work in an office like that.  They should save the set so that another company could use it, like 24 did for Amp'd Mobile, as seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitisms/243659121/.

AgentAlias01

[11]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 4

Season 2 was by far the best. the action was awesome and the interaction b/t all the characters was great. "Phase One" is just one of all the time best eps from begining to end. i remember first watching the ep and just going "wow" at the end. the fight b/t Sydney and Evil Francie was the best fight ever shown on TV it was incredible.

Season 1 will always be amazing just b/c it was new and different. this season has the best cliffhanger (well ok i'll leave that to season 4 lol) making it look like Sydney wasn't going to make it and then her saying "Mom" was the best.

bracques

[12]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    season 1!!! it's the reason i got hooked in the first place!

agentreuben

[13]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    Season 1 and 2 are the best seasons... after that the show began to go a little bit downhill, although season 5 wasn't that bad.

Boothaholic

[14]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    Well Season two we had the Syd/Vaughn relationship which I loved but Season 5, with the new characters, it was awesome.. although I personally that season 5 ending was horrible.

buffyheir

[15]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 3

Seasons 1 and 2 seem to be the popular choice, but for good reason.

The double epsionage.. The grounding dynamic of Will and Francie.. The unravelling stories about Irina.. Jack and Sydney becoming more like family.  Loved it.

I think they ended the SD-6 storyline where it should have though.  It was a very successful model for the show but had it gone on longer it would have gotten stale.  I actually really liked season three, I know a lot of people didn't.  I watched it all on DVD because it wasn't airing over here, and I think that makes a huge difference.  Some shows are better watched one after the other.

Season four dragged for me because of the over arcing storyline.  Individual episodes, or standalone stories, were really enjoyable.

Season five needs another look before I make up my mind.  I love Anna espinosa so seeing her back was a huge plus.

So I would say jointly 1 and 2, then 3, possibly 5 then 4

supperkat

[16]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    My season 1 & 2 because they were very good with the friends Sydney had that was really good to hide her real job from her friends every time they talked about job,and traveling.Francine was a real good friend to sydney.And then they made Francine this double killing people that was stupid. and shutting down SD6 was not good anyway they need SD6 for a while.The rest of the season were not that great.And to much Ramballdi thing just keep getting sillier by the seasons. When season 4 started I didn't watch that much Alias.

willlol

[17]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 10
    I think season 2 was by far the best season of the show. It was absolutely perfect from beginning to end and I can't recall of a single episode that was bad. This had a lot to do with the presence of the awesome Lena Olin who interpreted, with perfection, one of the best character of the show. The chemistry between all the carachters was great in that season especially between the "Spy family". In season 2 was also one of the best episode of all times, from all show combined: "phase one", when SD-6 is dismantled and we are left with Fran being killed and replaced by a clone. That was pure foly, it was great, I thought I was going crazy ^^
    the last episode of the season was awesome too, especially the fight btwn syd and evil-fran, and also the incredible cliffhanger they gave us.

Then, I think season 1 was great too as it really set the spirit of the show and offered us nothing but great episodes and one of the best Pilot i'd ever seen. great storylines, great characters, great action, great actors etc^^

season 3 was, to me, the last season that respected the spirit of the show, with it's conspiracies , traitors, cliffhangers etc. I loved lauren too

season 4 and 5 were the worst seasons. season 4 killed the show with it's individual episodes. (even if they were great all the same lol),and season 5 felt really stupid sometimes. But i feel like i might have to re-watch these last 2 seasons in order to have a final opinion^^

OrsonWright

[18]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 19
    I would have to say the first half of Season 2 was the best, before "Phase One". I watched the show until the end, but it was never the same after that.

I would go with:
    1. First half of Season 2
    2. Season 1
    3. Second half of Season 2
    4. Season 5 after the hiatus

Those were the seasons or parts of the seasons which made "Alias" one of my favourite shows.
    Edited on 02/20/2007 9:07pm

pop_star1988

[19]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 12
    4 and 3

wzychee

[20]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    I've just started watching the series from the beginning again, and whilst tempted to say season one, if only because of all the great revelations that were brought about. But I'm going to have to say season two, overall, was my favorite season. It was just fantastic... and the cliffhanger finale was something to die for. Thankfully, by the time I got into the show, the DVDs were out and I didn't have to wait all summer to find out what happened!