Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Which season is the best?

GameCuber018

[21]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    I just started rewatching the series earlier this month. As I watched the first season, I was just amazed. The show is just so awesome! I know the first two season are the best, but I was leaning towards the first because I was watching it. Now I'm halfway through the second season and I'm not even sure which one is more amazing. Every episode is just so great, but I think I might actually prefer Season 2. Season 1 had lots suprises and all that, but most of it was stuff from the past and all that was just laying down the groundwork. Season 2 seems more fast-paced. The next episode I'm going to watch will be the first one I ever saw "Phase One." I love how I have a hard time turning off the DVD player when I'm watching the first three seasons. I don't like how season four made each episode more of a seperate entity, rather than one non-stop roller coaster ride. I know they did that so they could better attract casual viewers who didn't understand what was going on, but it was a letdown to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MetroidSA-X

[22]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 20
    I would say season 1 was the best overall.

azrail1982

[23]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 10
     Season 2...and i dont understand how anyone could like season 5...it made no sense at all...the so called artifact was useless and sids mother was really weird in that season...in a way that didnt make sense for her character development

ira_singhal

[24]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    season 2 definately! it was undoubtedly the best season! i watched season 1, 2 and 3 on dvd for 2 days without break! completely love the show!!! got a bit boring towards season 4 and the early season 5...but its definately one of the best shows ever made! waiting for a whole week would be extreme torture! the ending was alright.....though i wish they would continue again with the cliffhanger in the end!

randan02

[25]Apr 14, 2007
    I like 1 cause the first season is always the best and 3 cause Vaughn's wife was hot.

heart_sark

[26]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 6

It's definately 1 or 2. Maybe 2. No 1. Well, one and two really. I liked season 3 because it had lots of Sark, and it was neat. I'm not sure how I feel about Lauren. I hated her until she was evil then I liked her alot. Season 4 was more of a sci fi thing it wasn't in harmony with the rest of the series. Season 5 wasn't too good or totally bad. 

athevolunteer

[27]Apr 15, 2007
    I like them all

Page_47

[28]Apr 18, 2007
    athevolunteer wrote:
    I like them all

Amen. I love each season for its individuality as well as its own seperate brilliance.

Season 1 - R.O.L.L.E.R.C.O.A.S.T.E.R

Season 2 - Emotional genius and a continuing story that was better than film quality (as, incidentally, all TV storylines SHOULD have - they have a lot more time than film, so they should really have more though-provoking and overall better stories, but unfortuantely this is a rarity in TV). The fact that season 2 is often considered better than season 1 shows just how rare a gem Alias is.

Season 3 - Some of the best episodes of the show (For me - 'The Two', 'The Nemesis', and the run of episodes starting with 'Breaking Point' and going all the way through to 'After Six') and also some of the worst (the last few weren't too good but still watchable).

Season 4 - Glossy and explosive and back to being like one helluva film. The continuity in the early episodes was scarce BUT it WAS there nonetheless - it just manefested itself in the character's relationships more than the season's plot. However, the second half of the season was so goo and so typically Alias (it even had Irina) I just don't understand how people can say this was a bad season.

Season 5 - Emotionally stronger than ever before - Sydney's baby may have been a curse to the extent that she didn't kick much arse until the last few eppys but it was one heck of a gift in that it gave her character the emotional development she'd been needing for four years already! And the final episodes were just plain magnificent. I really thought they were as good as Alias ever got, maybe not for the same reasons as the older, earlier episodes, but still truly incredible.

tvfan332

[29]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 37

I'd rate the seasons like this:

1. Season 1 - Best first season, ever.
    2. Season 5 - Excellent way to end the series.
    3. Season 2 - Awesome episodes, Irina is one of the best characters on the show.
    4. Season 3 - Enjoyed it.
    5. Season 4 - Some great episodes, very good season, just not as good as the rest, in my opinion.

marto_dd

[30]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 17

1. Season 3! - It's the best season! Am I the only one, who thinks so? o.O

2. Season 2

3. Season 5

4. Season 4

5. Season 1

farscapefanuk

[31]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 32
    Season 5 simply the best. So good. I loved it.

farscapefanuk

[32]Apr 25, 2007
    Especally the great ending.

athevolunteer

[33]Apr 28, 2007
    Well I know I said that I like them all, but I'll rate them.

1. Season One
    2. Season Five
    3. Season Two
    4. Season Three
    5. Season Four

Don't get me wrong I still love season four, but it just wasn't the greatest episodes of all time.

farscapefanuk

[34]Apr 28, 2007

I agree with almost all that you said but i would put eather season 3 or season 2 at the bottom of my list.

The_Beekeeper

[35]Apr 28, 2007

Season 2

Season 1

Season 3

Season 4

(Haven't seen Season 5) 

TVFAN103

[36]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 5
    It's funny. I always thought people hated season 5. I loved it and I thought I stood alone. Well, season 2 was the best no questions asked but the rest go like this: 1. season 2
    2. season 5
    3. season 1
    4. season 3
    5. season 4

Page_47

[37]May 1, 2007
    TVFAN103 wrote:
    It's funny. I always thought people hated season 5. I loved it and I thought I stood alone. Well, season 2 was the best no questions asked but the rest go like this: 1. season 2
    2. season 5
    3. season 1
    4. season 3
    5. season 4

I love season 5 - I'm so happy to see so much appreciation! TB fair I didn't rate the season premiere much. But the finale MORE than made up for it.

archangelcory16

[38]May 9, 2007
    Hmm 2 or 3 for me. I *love* Lauren.

_SemperFidelis_

[39]May 31, 2007
    • level: 6

1. Season 1

- Most consistent.

2. Season 2

- Contains the top2 episodes of Alias. Phase One and The Telling. However, the 2nd half of the season was a bit slow.

3. Season 3

- Rocky start, rocky ending, but in the middle, it really delivered. Only complaint is Sark's CONTINOUS escape. It was a bit ridicilious.

4. Season 5

- Again... rocky start, but quickly got better. Amazing endgame, Good Bye Alias!

5. Season 4

- This is lagging behind all of th seasons. Seriously, I hated most of the episodes, bullcrap... standalone episodes because of ABC. The last few episodes were quite decent though along with the Marshall centered one.  

confusedboy24

[40]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 17
    Season 1&2 were the best, Season 3 was the next good thing but Season 4 is were it got shaky and Season 5 IMO was the bottom fall, maybe if it was alittle bit longer in season wise and Jen wasn't pregnant at the time it would have be as great as Season 3 but while never know.