Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Who liked Prophet Five?

trustno1uk

[1]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    Is it just more or was prophet five a really cool bad guy. They seemed more organised and dangerous that all of the other enemies on Alias. Its such a shame they were killed so fast by Peyton.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Doobie718

[2]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Actually I'm going to totally disagree with you on that one. Compared to Sd-6, the alliance, and the covanent, it was hard to figure out the motive for prophet five. Yes, sure, Rambaldi was their higher agenda, I just think the shortened season did not allow the writers to fully flesh out their agenda. They ended up seeming, to me anyway, covenient baddies to further the plot of Rambaldi's final prophecy. Of course Irina was involved. Of course they said "welcome back" to Sloane.... it just seemed a little too convenient, is all.

archangelcory16

[3]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 32
    I liked the IDEA of Prophet Five, but we never got to know them at all, or their real motives, except they were Rambaldi freaks. They were too vague to be good villains.

Page_47

[4]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    I actually agree. What was great about prophet five is that they seemingly needed very little screentime to understand them, considering they'd supposedly been 'behind the scenes' of pretty much everything in Alias so far - they were supposedly manipulating the Alliance, and thus Sloane (via Irina) to get all the Rambaldi artifacts, and achieve Rambaldi's endgame. The only thing I didn't like was how easy they were to kill, but I suppose that really could have happened with any of the Alias bad guys (I mean, Sloane could done the same thing with the Alliance at any one of their board meetings!).
    If anything, all I wish they'd really have changed about Prophet Five would be to hype them up a little more!

trustno1uk

[5]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    To me Prophet five were great and i don't think we were given very long to understand them if season five had been a full season we may well have liked Prophet five even more.

tvfan332

[6]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 37
    I liked prophet five, they were very mysterious and they're probably why I loved season 5 so much.

sweetsteph

[7]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 13

Prophet Five could have been written and developed much further than it was and I'm sure the writers had more in mind, but the shortened season prevented them from doing so. The way I see it, Prophet Five were a little like the First Evil in 'Buffy' - like the First, Prophet Five were sort of the reason behind why everything that happened to Sydney occured. They controlled the Alliance, who controlled SD-6, all of which Sydney was involved in and had a hand in taking down. They were the big bad, going as far up as government officials and basically, very important people that could not be bought down. From what I remember, they weren't really taken down, the finale focused more on Sydney discovering Rambaldi's and Irina's endgame and though Rambaldi was Prophet Five's endgame, they most likely had other agenda's too.

Page_47

[8]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    sweetsteph wrote:

Prophet Five could have been written and developed much further than it was and I'm sure the writers had more in mind, but the shortened season prevented them from doing so. The way I see it, Prophet Five were a little like the First Evil in 'Buffy' - like the First, Prophet Five were sort of the reason behind why everything that happened to Sydney occured. They controlled the Alliance, who controlled SD-6, all of which Sydney was involved in and had a hand in taking down. They were the big bad, going as far up as government officials and basically, very important people that could not be bought down. From what I remember, they weren't really taken down, the finale focused more on Sydney discovering Rambaldi's and Irina's endgame and though Rambaldi was Prophet Five's endgame, they most likely had other agenda's too.

I'm not too sure that they ever controlled the Aliance - they remained pretty quiet for a long time - "an organisation so unheard of people began to question whether it even existed" (Irina, 'Maternal Instinct') - so their presence in the earlier seasons is questionable, but what they were doing apparently, was watching and waiting whilst people like Sloane and Irina furthered the Rambaldi endgame, until it was near its end, so that they could move in, wipe out the competition, and claim the Horizon for themselves.
    Also, they were killed in the penultimate episode of season 5, by Kelly Peyton, who wiped them all out with a lovely pair of machine-guns.

farscapefanuk

[9]Mar 10, 2007
    I think it was a shame how quickly they were distroyed in season 5, prehaps if the season had been longer then the writers could have done more stories involving Prophet Five.

bonniekean

[10]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    I think Sydney and her team shoudl have taken down Prophet Five together, instead of Peyton.
    Cause as soon as Peyton kills them she goes and cries and spills everything out when a snake is on her.

malawi69

[11]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 21
    Doobie718 wrote:
    Actually I'm going to totally disagree with you on that one. Compared to Sd-6, the alliance, and the covanent, it was hard to figure out the motive for prophet five. Yes, sure, Rambaldi was their higher agenda, I just think the shortened season did not allow the writers to fully flesh out their agenda. They ended up seeming, to me anyway, covenient baddies to further the plot of Rambaldi's final prophecy. Of course Irina was involved. Of course they said "welcome back" to Sloane.... it just seemed a little too convenient, is all.

are you a mind reader??? coz that's exactly what I was gonna write

farscapefanuk

[12]Mar 16, 2007
    It was WELL to easy to kill profit five, one lone woman Peyton took out like 15 of them the entire group. Just way to easy. But i guess becuse it was the final episode they didn't want to waste time killing each memeber of one by one

farscapefanuk

[13]Mar 16, 2007
    At the beginning of season 5 they talk about Prophet five as this 'Big bad' the group that is rooted in all across the world, in the CIA, FBI and government. So i do not think they Peyton got them all just the main ones if their was a movie then prehaps Prophet five could be resurrected?