Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

You Know You're Addicted to Alias When...

pogfan919

[21]May 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    You know you're addicted to alias when you read National Security Council and automatically think Lauren.
    You know you're addicted to alias when you're reading something w/ someone faking a southern accent and even though you know lots of people with southern accents in you're head you hear it as Syd w/ a southern accent.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EChid

[22]May 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    wow, this thread is great.

I JUST fell in love with this show, and since then I have started watching all the previous seasons...but still, I do picture myself walking slowmow sometimes...I'm such a loser.

anyway...
    you known you are addicted to alias when you start pursing your lips in that oh so syd way.
    you know your addicted to alias when you start making a point of looking suspiciously around before opening a door.
    you know you're addicted to alias when you start regretting not buying a Nokia phone (Motorola V635, woot!) and ask random people where you can find the Nokia ringtone.

...so where can I find the Nokia ringtone?

Page_47

[23]May 18, 2006
    • level: 11
    ...When you look around on the street to make sure no one's watching you before you enter a building.

...When you imagine the APO theme (the one with piano and bass in) as you walk around crowded areas.

...When you subtly move your hand past your ear as if turning on comms (I've actually done that! ) then say something like "I'm in." (Havn't gone that far yet!)

...When you feel very cool when your on a train (on the way to APO!!).

...When you start to wander if your friend's been replaced because they're acting a little unlike themselves recently...

...When you start to question if your friends and/or family could be spies, and if so, what would they want from you?

...When you look up Rambaldi on the web (Done that - there's an uber freaky website that's for members of the order of Rambaldi!)

...When you print off Rambaldi pages. (Done that too )

MetroidSA-X

[24]May 18, 2006
    • level: 20
    Page_47 wrote:
    When you subtly move your hand past your ear as if turning on comms (I've actually done that! ) then say something like "I'm in." (Havn't gone that far yet!) ...
    I do that all the time, though I don't actually say anything, I do imagine myself in my head saying "I'm in", "I see the so and so" and stuff like that.

Footballgurl27

[25]May 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    When you know exactly what Marshall is trying to say before he even gets to the point of what he's actually gonna say

alias_sydney

[26]May 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    And you`re addicted to ALIAS when...
    ...you use thing from ALIAS (like characters` name, episodes` names, Syd`s code names) at your password so you are sure you won`t forget it;
    ...you want to practise kick-boxing because Syd does;
    ...you`d like to become a intelligence officer for the CIA;
    ...you read all the stuff about ALIAS from the internet;
    ...you think about ALIAS all day, about the last episode you have seen or about the next one;
    ...you do youself all of Sydney`s haircuts;
    ...you suspected at least once some of the members of your family to be a spy;
    ...you wish your boyfriend looks like Vaughn;
    ...everytime you see a bank you think that it could be a front company for an intelligence agency;

uknowwho47

[27]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 1

OMG i love this thread!! You know your addicted to alias when... ...you say "i'm so tired" the way vaughn does at every oppertunity even when you are tired at all (i've done this on many an occasion) ...you say "dont frost the pie" when icing a cake ...you check the under side of your car before you get in it to make sure sark hasn't gotten there before you and stuck a weight sensitive bomb there ...when you call a friend (alias or not) and they answer you say "joey's pizza" and u trained them to say "sorry wrong number" (! i may or may not have done this...) ...when you try to explain some thing you use marshall's peanut butter theory ...the first thing you ask someone when you meet them is whether or not they watch alias, if they dont you observe them until they have proven themselves trustworthy ...you meet someone call lauren and cant bring yourself to befriend them ...likewise with someone called jullian ...you know what episode every single alias is in, in the season 4 intro and know what syd does in that ep ...you travel with burnt copies because you cant live without it but dont want to scratch/lose the originals ...you look in the seat pocket of 15C when you are travelling on a plane ...when in a difficult situation think "what would sydney/vuahgn/jack/irina/any alias character do in this situation ...see one of the actors on a different show/movie and get annoyed when they do something outside their character on alias ...are contemplating buying a number plate for your car that says KGB-147/SVR-147/CIA-147 ...called your house liberty village and say "welcome to liberty village" when friends arrive ...can relate every conversation you have back to alias somehow ...when you are thinking about geting the magnific order of rambaldi tattooed on to you hand (i may or may not have done so...) ...walk out of the pool in slow-mow and put your flip-flops on

ACharmedJedi

[28]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 32
    When you run, you run like there are people behind you with guns.

You've convinced yourself you'd look damn good in a bright red wig.

You type like you are trying to break a code or hack into some international satellite system.

You don't trust your boss for a reason you can't explain to regular people.

sjp2b

[29]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 6

Your entire computer is dedicated to Alias.  Desktop, sign on, computer name... even fonts.

I should get that tattoo on my hand, it would be so awesome.

karinitita

[30]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 4
    You Know You're Addicted to Alias When you download all the video clips you found of syd and vaughn, and see them in order to have all the history...i've done that...yep

When you wish you'd had Vaughn's number on your cell

When you're watching Gilmore Girls and you're waiting for Syd to appear running around Stars Hollow When you drink wine before you go to bed, and read whatever you're reading as if it were some encripted message or something

When you think of an ocassion to send someone a message using a code( "i should use a slower roll" RUSSIA)

Kirs-t

[31]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    You know you're addicted to Alias when...

... you start using spy language in everyday life (for example, ETA in ten mins)
    ... you memorise the lines which are in another language and use them when talking to your friends who actually speak that language
    ... you become suspicious of people staying in fancy hotels
    ... you name all your pets after the characters on the show

IsaVauSark

[32]Sep 3, 2006
    You know you're addicted to Alias when...

...you start having dreams about Alias following the finale.

...you find the letters APO on your work and immediately think Authozized Personnel Only.

...you base all yor log ins and passwords on Alias. (ex. IsaVauSark, Isabelle Vaughn Sark)

...you hear the number 47 and immediately think of Rambaldi.

...you watch every episode on TV even though you have the DVDs.

...you insist that your sibling watch the show even though you know they hate it.

...you see the trailers for the movie the Covenant and wish it had to do with the Alias third season.

...you use your time on the computer at school looking at Alias information even though you know the series is over.

...you sit around thinking about good storylines for Alias movies.

...the best day of your life was September 30, 2001 and the worst day of your life was May 22, 2006.

...you sit around reading the Alias books wondering whether these storylines were canon.

...you decide to name you children after Alias characters.

... you hear the Ready, Steady, Go song and think of the Snowman episode.

...try to come up with crossovers for Alias with different shows.

...this is yor 47th post.

All these actually happened to me.

sjp2b

[33]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 6
    EVERYTHING reminds you of Alias.

The Covenant thing? I think Alias too!

There are few things that aren't connected to Alias.

Also, I search for the number 47 everywhere. I was really disappointed when I went to the aquarium and locker number 47 was taken

J_critic

[34]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 14
    You know You're addicted to 'ALIAS'when:

1)You only want to date guys named Vaughn

2)You're (very)tempted to change your name to Sydney.

3)You suspect your mother of being a spy.

4)You wonder if you have a half-sister named Nadia.

5)You suspect your math teacher's true name is Salone.

6)You find yourself shopping for coloured-wigs.

7)You dream of the day a man in black walks up to you and offers you a job as an agent.

You question the motive of everyone you meet(including your dog!)

9)You watch 'Electra' 10 times, just because Jennifer Garner is in it.

10)You sit and watch 'Monster In Law' and keep thinking how wrong Jennifer Lopez is for Micheal Vartan; and hope and pray that you'll see Vartan & Garner in a movie together.

ps:when you're addicted to ALIAS, you'll just know it!

NikeDragon

[35]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 14
    OMG, I actually bought a blue Ford Focus.

Do you think you're also addicted when you spek more than 3 languages?

before_the_dawn

[36]Oct 2, 2006
    A funny (well not so funny) #47 sidenote - I just recently started dating a guy, and when we first exchanged numbers the last four digits were 6947 and I totally freaked out and had to explain the importance to him. Anyway, I managed to memorize his number upon first use because of the #47 being a part of it.

myopics

[37]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 12
    - Inspired by Sydney on a typical mission; you try to do a slick sweeping glance around the room and imagine how cool you look if the camera shot rotated around your face everytime you enter a party.

- You decorate your written pieces with the Rambaldi symbol and words written in the ALIAS font.

- You immediately use the number 47 whenever you are choosing a username for a new account and have to add a number at the back of it.

- Everytime someone mentions Jennifer Garner in DAREDEVIL or ELEKTRA, you complain about how her talent with the sais was underultilised because her two minute sai fight on ALIAS was way cooler than either of those movies.

athevolunteer

[38]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 20
    BeastBoy87 wrote:
    You know you're addicted to Alias when you exclusively buy Nokia cell phones and set the Nokia ring tone for life! Yes I was one of them....However, they don't seem to use Nokia phones in the series anymore.

etherfreeze

[39]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    this is a great topic hehe i've done some of these

gunslinger78

[40]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 1
    you know you're addicted to Alias when you watch the dvds day in and day out because you cant find a good show to take the place of Alias