Alias

Masquerade

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 07, 2002 on ABC

• Review

I like the casting and the role of Noah Hicks in this episode. I thought his on screen connection with Sydney was really well done. It could have just been the way the script played out, but I really think that the actor who plays him wa s avery strong casting choice by the creators of Alias. I thought this episode was a step up from the last two, whcih were two of the seasons worst to date. I thought the new found plan of connecting Rambaldi and Sydneys mother in the same mission was kind of cool, as we still ponder over getting to meet her mother (sooner rather then later they are leading us to beleieve) and we still get to see the same action adventure we are used to seeing. Sydneys dad is where the episode was brought down a lot. The scnee in the bar and with the woman talking about his problem were both very boring and filler. His character is on a downward spiral, which may led to something big in the future but right now is very boring to watch in such a show.
  • As usual - facing the danger

For Sydney it is going quite the same was as before - she is off to missions.. but the things does not go as usual - he meets with agent she was involved when she was training for SD-6. And then they are sent to mission together.. and it was really exciting one.. Sydney gets into trouble and he saves her.. oh..

But Sydney's father is not so calm . Sydney wants to pursue finding her mother but father is against it and when she goes to Solan.. it only can end bad.. plus those agents.. they does not give him any peace.
  • Noah

Debería haber puesto nothing happened, pero no quise ser tan malo. En realidad lo único interesante además de lo de mi madre está viva que ya habíamos visto en el capítulo anterior es el reencuentro de Sidney con un viejo amor, Noah.
    Y qué decir de esto? De entrada pensé que era una forma de alejar a Sidney de Michael y que no parezca tan obvio que van a terminar juntos. Pero no sé, me parece un poco nabo para ella, y no lo veo como un personaje interesante.
    Del resto sólo subrayar la vulnerabilidad de Jack, por primera vez manifiesta. Un capítulo olvidable.
  • Alias reeview

In this season 1 episode of Alias tilted Masquerade. While on a case trying to track down a suspect known as the man Sydney was into a ex-lover who broke her heart five years ago also Sydney ask Sloane for help trying to find her mother and jack must see a CIA psychiatrist to help him coup with the fact his wife may still be alive anyway a good episode with good storytelling in it the missions in the episode was exiting and the side stories where just as good my overall rating is 9.7 the end of this review review
  • Syd returns to the States after proving she's not the subject of the Rambaldi prophecy,only to learn that the CIA is looking for her mother.The connection has been made that Khasinau,the man behind Sark and Cole's actions,was Laura's superior at the KGB.

Sloane"You should know by now that my interest is in protecting Sydney.It's always been my pleasure to fill in for you when you were indisposed."

The mom plot grows over and over.We learned that Khasinau,the man behind Sark and Cole's actions,was Laura Bristow's superior at the KGB.Syd is determined to find her mother which that damaged a little bit the relationship between her and her father whom we find drunk in a bar.Jack showed another aspect of his character-more sensitive-which means that he hasn't got over Laura yet.He must have loved her very much.It was touching to see a tough man like Jack so crushed.

In this episode we had the introduction of a new character Noah Hicks.He was Syd's boyfriend five years ago.We learn that he left without leaving any sign,but the truth is that he tried to inform Syd by sending her a message that she was supposed to receive from her junk email.Ironically,she had set up her computer to throw out junk emails.

From the time Noah took off his mask i took a dislike to him.Noah is really really ungly and i wonder how a beautiful woman like Syd could fall in love with a guy like him.However,i have to admit that Noah is a clever person with lots of humour and he must have guts to kid McCullough.

I want to say that i really liked all the "rubberneck" style of Sydney on her mission to Arkhangesk with Noah("We're Americans,we're Americans!","Is there any chance to conduct the american embassy?")

Comments

-In the information that Syd was looking for the name Irina Derevko appeared.

-When Syd retrieves the "slightly chilled" data core,she falls and the glass in her helmet starts to crack.Few seconds later,Noah carries her out to safety,but now there are no cracks in the glass anymore.

-Despite the fact that she had pulled off her engagement ring,i thought Syd hadn't got over Danny.

-Syd will have some explaining to do to Will and Francie when she returns home.

A very exciting episode!!!
  • Cool episode

Syd isn't a fugitive anymore after going to Italy and climbing the mountain that Rambaldi mentioned in his prophecy.

Sydney now wants to find out more about her mother & after finding out that Sloan knew all along that Laura's been alive all these years she asks for his help to find out more about her and he agrees, but now she has to do something for him in return, I wonder what it'll be. You gatta admit that Sloan is a cunning person.

Jack doesn't want Syd looking for Laura (it looks like he still has feelings for her) and he's very emotional in this episode & starts drinking. Syd turns him in for councelling at the CIA.

When Syd & Dixon go to extract an agent from Vienna, they find out that he was killed & extract another agent who's in danger of being killed as well. The agent turns out to be Noah Hicks, Sydney's ex-boyfriend who she hasn't seen in 5 years.

Will & Francie seem to be getting closer & spending more time together.