Alias

Reprisal (1)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 22, 2006 on ABC

• Review

Good start to the big two-hour series finale of Alias. It doesnt wrap up much of anything, which is good so long as the finale can excite us with some dazzling scenes and still have enough time to wrap up most of the main storylines.

Loved the way this episode began, with all of the members of our team finding the remaining members that make up Prophet Five, so they can prepare to take them down. The kidnapping of Marshall and Rachel was exciting too, I was thinking that one of them might not make it all the way through the torture scenes. I loved the scene where Marshall gave his monolouge to Arvin, I thought it was the best part of the episode. Sark is always comical and this episode was no different - I think the writers made a great decision there to have Sark kidnap Rachel and Peyton Marshall.

The scene between Thomas and Rachel wasnt all bad like I would have assumed. If you have read my reviews of the past couple of episodes you would know the hatred I have of those two having a scene together for a handful of on-screen minutes as the world of Alias ticks away. Thomas dying at the end was exactly the way I would have had it. He sacrificed himself because (in my opinion) after kissing Rachel he realized how much he wanted to be with his wife. After finding out the bullet was meant for him in the last episode he just seemed out of focus. I thought it was a good job by the writers to have him go out with a lot of honor and helping save everyone.

I also loved the ending scene where Arvin was giving the voiceover, I think Alias should have done more of that throughout the years.