Alias

ABC (ended 2006)

tmb510

Alias Fan Reviews page 6 of 15

• Alias is one of the GREAT TV dramas.

So many GREAT things to say about Alias! It’s a show that will definitely have you on the edge of your seat! Jennifer Gardner stars as Sydney Bristow, a CIA agent who makes tough decisions on a daily basis. Each episode is filled with great action, and there’s plenty of suspense packed into each 45 minute episode. Sydney’s relationships are complicated, and trusting people in the World of Alias is hard, as everyone seems to have their own agenda. To say she has family troubles would be an understatement! In the 1st season you’ll learn her father is a double agent, her mother is ex KGB and a traitor to the United States! As you get on to each new season things get even more complicated for her. Trust me when I say some of the twists on this show will blow your mind. Especially the season two finale! I wouldn’t in a million years have seen that one coming! The amazing thing about Sydney is her commitment to her Country and through all her troubled times she never gives in, and battles her demons head on. Something you’ll be guaranteed to end up respecting.
  • Incredible

I truly can't remember the last time I was so impressed after watching the first part of a new TV show, probably when I first saw the "Twin Peaks" series back in the day. The amazing pilot glued me to the screen because "Alias" knows it means business and wants the viewer to realize it as well. Professional, nearly movie-like cinematography, great action sequences, incredible acting (Jennifer Garner is one breathtaking actress, the find of the year, and the rest of the cast is also amazing) and smart scenarios(there's so much happening in the first episode alone it's unbelievable). Of course there are some of those cliche and over-the-top moments but it's all surpassed by Jennifer Garner and unexpected plot twists. I watched the first one and I was blown away. The second one got me hooked. To many many more
  • Favorite show! Never miss an episode.

Alias is action packed and at times keeps you on the edge of your seat. The chemistry between the characters is what really makes the show what it is. Not to mention that Michael Vartan is HOT!!!!! I never miss an episode. I look forward to when the new season starts. It is one of my favorite shows on night time television. I love the show because it keeps me guessing at what the next plot and story line is going to be. The only dowfall to the show is that if one episode is missed you are lost as to what is going on.
  • Pretentious Danger

There are so many "Bristow" lovers commenting on this show that it almost reminds me of the "Buffy" comments, which build a virtual shrine to its star and that show. Here, as there, Danger Girl can do no wrong, she's this, she's that, so hot, so athletic, blah blah blah. Fan worship is such a disease, but also fun to read.

Anyway, the hype this show and its star get is unbelievable. Partly, that is because Garner has the look of a fashion model and thus constantly gets herself into the tabloids. Acting is another story. She has a few set expressions, there is "Oh No!" and "happy" and "where am I" and "isn't it so sad I have to kill you now" and not too many others. She has some of the biggest lips in Hollywood and, when in doubt, sets them in a little pout to look determined. Garner's idea of showing anger or fear or whatever - when she is not getting all whiny - usually involves letting her face go blank. An effective acting tool if you have more on the ball than she does. When you resort to that repeatedly, though, it gets old fast. Clearly, this is enough for the wild fans of the show. As for serious acting, though, well, forget it.

It seems that every episode has an angry little "Bristow" speech in which she gets all whiny and her voice gets low and hard to hear and the wordsallruntogether. Then, there is the obligatory "Bristow gets dressed" scene, the standard "let's pan up from her feet as she walks determinedly in a designer dress" shot, and of course the piece de resistance, the scene in which she uses a knife and something hanging around in the room to disarm and usually kill the two or more bad guys with Uzi's. She then drives off in a flashy car, to clue us the scene is over, I guess.

Nah, I know, it isn't a serious show, it is bubble-gum spy stuff for those looking for a Danger Girl show. The MTV music wells and we know we are getting the "dressing" scene or whatever. It is fast-paced, which hides the lack of depth. Bristow humiliates her superiors, getting them to do her bidding on the flimsiest of pretexts, and thus just glides along in her own little world, using the US Government to resolve her inner traumas ("free her father" or "find her mother" or whatever Freudian thing it is this time). The men are either impotent or evil or clueless, standard stuff we've seen many times before in these monotonously similar Danger Girl shows.

Other characters in the show are effectively neutered every time Danger Girl wants them to be, either directly with a knife to the throat or by some pretentious little bluster of hers to which, naturally, the other character cannot respond in kind. This show makes the "Bond" movies look like "War and Peace" in terms of seriousness and resemblance to reality. At least Bond pokes fun at itself and knows when to lighten the character up a little.

Ultimately, the show rises and falls on how you feel about Garner. Is she attractive? Yes, in a vacuous model kind of way. In fact, she was cast because she is so "hot," certainly not because of any acting skill. Is she interesting? Somewhat, for a while, if you like invulnerable automatons that really don't show any true feelings, just constant anguish at being clueless or little-girl tantrums regarding being "betrayed" yet again (but she doesn't feel bad about pursuing her own little agendas on the Agency's time). Are the supporting actors good? Yes, in terms of playing good spear carriers who set up the scenes where Danger Girl saves the day yet again.

I don't particularly like shows with invulnerable male leads, either, so don't think this is a male/female thing. "Alias" is simply too trite, predictable and cookie-cutter to resemble a first-rate drama series, though it has possibilities as a fashion show.

So, can the show be enjoyable if you don't feel like switching the channel? Sure. I like to watch music videos sometimes, too. Is the show nearly as good as its hugest fans who overwhelmingly post here would have you believe?
  • I think that was a great show, with good story lines and very cool and sexy action scenes.

For me this show was the best espionage series. It had many great plans and escapes. It just fun to watch. And also for me one of the best actress, Jennifer Garner, i think she is the perfect Sydney Bristow. She is gorgeous and sexy, and also a good actress. And look natural in all the things Sydney could do.

I know that the story of Rambaldi was getting old in the end, but for me that was never why I watched the show. The small story lines were so much better. And I always loved the Sydney and Vaughn affair, they were so cute together.

It's worth watching this series!!!
  • Alias tells the story of the CIA Agent Sydney and how she deals with the world of espionage. At first glance it may see confusing with all the double agents or two faced villains, but after you get past that Alias is perfect.

Alias. What can I say about Alias? What can I not say? Alias was amazing. People may say it went downhill or it lost momentum, but I loved it from beginning to end. The cast was memorable from nerdy Marshall to the cunning Mr. Sark. With the 100+ episodes there is a lot to offer. And it seems like Sydney and company's disguises never get old. I'm glad to see favorite characters like Dickson, Sark, and Jack made it to the finale episode. Alias had action, adventure, and mysetery all in a adrenaline laced forty-five minutes.
  • Great Fun!

Two shows both come along at the same time. 24 and Alias. Both are about main characters who are government agents, both feature these characters as complex individuals and both of their main characters feature personal lives exceedingly complex and mix very badly with their professional life. While 24 is may favorite of the two, Alias is more easier digestible, mainly for the fact that it is so ridiculously entertaining and fun. 24 concerns itself with more darker material and as such is more darker and gritty, paining a more realistic look at the universe it is set it. Alias on the other hand is just fun, fun, fun, more in line with Buffy The Vampire Slayer, although instead of vampires and demons here we have stereotypical terrorists and villains who specialize in espionage instead of biting necks. The show is self consciously ridiculous and this is where the fun comes in. The show is so preposterous and far fetched that the audience cannot help but go with it and as such is great fun.

Even better is that, coming from the creator of Felicity, there is an emotional element that works very well. We see the two sides of the main character's life. Sydney Bristow works for SD-6, who she believes is a covert agency that is part of the CIA. In the space of the sixty minute pilot episode, she tells her fiance, he is killed by said agency, she finds out her father works for SD-6 too, that it is not part of the CIA but is in fact an enemy of the United States and then proceeds to be tortured by a character only known as Suits and Glasses and then ends up working for the real CIA as a double agent, going back to work for SD-6 in the hope of bringing them down. Simultaneously developed with all of this is her personal life including her friends, Francie and her journalist friend Will. Whereas her SD-6 life is set to a full pounding soundtrack, her private life features music that Dawson's Creek would be proud of and miraculously this all works. The show is highly entertaining and can be a wonderful Felicity style drama one minute and a fantastic action thriller series the next. Kudos to creator J.J Abrams for making this work so well.

The performances are fantastic. Jennifer Garner is simply perfect as Sydney. Good looking and talented she is an actress to watch out for while the supporting cast are even better. Ron Rifkin as Sloane, the villain of the show is sublime, especially in later episode of the first season while Victor Garber is quite simply fantastic as Jack Bristow, Sydney's father.

Overall this is a superb series and it is no surprise that it has become such a cult hit. Stand out moments include a Die Hard style episode where SD-6 is taken hostage by a former employee played with surprising brilliance by Quentin Tarantino and Color Blind featuring a superb appearance from excellent Scottish actor John Hannah as an assassin with amnesia.

This is not going to win awards for high art, but boy I can't remember a television show that was this much fun.
  • That's surely one of the most wonderful series I've seen in my life.

Initially, before I could see, I though it was just another show about some secret agent, that solve all missions using unreal methods. Some kind of 007, but in a female version. Man, how wrong I was. The show is just wonderful. The charactersall very well made. A great writing and also all the actors do a great job. And it's not a tiring series. There's always something new happening, and the adrenaline is always wonderfully high. Basically, a great drama show, with high doses of action and a very dinamic storyline.
  • Action / Adventure you don't want to miss on TV

One of the best action TV shows to be aired down here in Australia hands down has to be Alias.

With a great cast and great script writer the excitement of Alias will continue for years to come.

While it does seem rather unrealistic at times the very same can be said for so many TV shows.

This one is highly recommended for all those espionage buffs.

Enjoy.
  • Jenifer Garner Kicking Butt As A Triple Agent......Enough Said :)

Whats not to like about Alias i mean you've got gorgeous Garner fighting all manner of bad and sometimes good guys in suberbly choreagraphed fight sequences, mind blowing story lines about aincent prophacies (always a winner :) ), i also love the amount of disguises and 007 type gadgets that are used on the show.
    And one thing you cant overlook is the fact that its created by the miastro J.J Abrahms who as we all know loves his shows to keep you guessing and on that Alias certainly dosent let you down.
    Alias is only 5 seasons long but from the first to the last episode it is a rollercoaster of a thrill ride, the series finale goes out with one hell of a bang and will leave u wanting more.
  • A show about about Sydney Bristow and her CIA friends.

This series was simply amazing. Until it's final season, which was disappointing and yet still somewhat satisfactory, the series was always trying to top itself with awesome action, great direction, superb acting, and fun storylines that had one twist after the next. It rarely let up the suspense. This series it right behind Lost in my opinion in terms of quality television. I miss it every day it is no longer on air. I hope that over time it will find a larger audience that it ever had on ABC. DVD is a great way to discover this amazing series that will go down in history as one of the best.
  • Sydney Bristow, super spy!

For five years thousands of people all over the globe watched ALIAS every week to watch Sydney Bristow kick some butt and save the day, again! How did she manage to make being a spy look so easy, and so good?

Sydney started working for SD-6, an agency she thought were the good guys, the government agency. How wrong she was! Her fiance dying opens her eyes, and she soon becomes a double agent for the CIA. And as it turns out, her father, Jack Bristow is also a double agent. (who saw that one coming?) That was in the beginning.

The show moves on... SD-6 is destroyed! And Sydney and the delicious Vaughn get together! Marshall and Dixon join Jack and Sydney and Vaughn of coarse to work for the CIA the real good guys! But of coarse this is television, so things can't be to peachy for too long, apparently it's not interesting enough.... So, Sydney goes missing! It turns out that some organisation (can't remember what they were called) recruited her, and got her doing work for them. She finally goes back home, with no memory of anything anymore! Ha! Gotta love the creative writing on this show! Sydney has been missing for FIVE years! ~insert shock and horror here!~ And Vaughn? He married some English bimbo! No happy ending for Syd... Thank goodness the writers had the common sense to make things better for our heroin! Things look up for her. She learns that she has a half sister, who's father happens to be Sloan. The whole gang is now working for some secret organisation (which again, the name slips my mind at this stage) and even the "is he good or evil" guy Sloan is their boss! Shocker! However, in your mind you are constantly wondering if Sloan is good, or if his true colours will come out again, and be bad! Will the Rambaldi artifacts around the world help swing Sloan to the dark side? All in all, this show was good! It had a great lead actresses, someone whom you may look up to. The rest of the cast were good, and their story lines were also good. Miss an episode however, and you're lost! Lots of twists and turns always had you guessing, and waiting in anticipation for the next action packed episode! It was action packed, and still had a love story involved which made it that much more intereting. From season to season, you keep wondering if Vaughn and Sydney will get together, in the end, they ended up in the right place! ;) Oh, and if like me, you liked eye candy, you were in luck! The show had yummy Vaughn AND the evil Sark! So to sum it up, good cast, good story lines every week which keep you tuned in every week, and of coarse eye candy! What more could you possibly want?
  • How a show can trick you when you missed the beginning.

How a show can trick you when you missed the beginning.
    I missed the first few episodes on Dutch TV before i started following this show. Only after reading the summary i realised what the real story of Sidney and Vaughn inside SD-6 was. If i can't figure it out, Sloane won't either.
  • "I'ma... I'ma gonna kick your ***."

Alias took me for the ride of my life. It is by far one of my favorite television series.

This show hooked me with it's brilliant concept. It's almost too hard to describe because of all the twists and turns that it took season to season.

Sydney Bristow, a bright, crafty, caring, intelligent, strong woman, is the center of this show. She goes from student, to double agent, to CIA operative, to Black OPs agent and does this all with amazing poise, power, and resilience. She is a great role model.

Sydney has an exceptional ensemble, from her allies and friends to her enemies. Each character is written wonderfully making her spy escapades even more thrilling. I particularly love Jack, Vaughn, Marshall, Will, Irina, and Sloan.

Almost every episode left you wanting more in eager anticipation for what will be coming next, each carefully revealing every piece of a grand puzzle. The season finales are ESPECIALLY awesome. They are some of the best finales I have ever seen.

As much as I adore this show, I could not give it a higher rating because of it's final season. It did not live up to the Alias standard in my opinion.

Alias gave me the opportunity to experience every emotion in the book; all the emotional ups as well as the downs all while following a very unique story. There will never be a show quite like it. Watch the reruns or rent/buy the DVDs when you have the chance!
  • Alias

Alias is a new show in my program list.
    I have seen just two episodes... because that in Lithuania one televison just started to translate this show...
    I like the first episode... There was a lot of action... a little bit fun, modern technologies...
    The main hero Sydney Bristow is amazing... So strong, fast, beautiful... Who can not to like her?
    Second episode was better... There was more action.
    One more thing why I like this tv show... There is not just one long operation in one episode... In every episode Sydney do lots of works.
    It was very short review... But when I will see more episodes I will be able to write more...
  • Gone but not forgotten. Oh! How I LOVED Sydney Bristow and her work with the CIA.

I watched Alias from Season 1 and own the series (soon to be completed) on DVD. This show was one of the most awesome, exciting, intense shows ever on television, but I think that a lot of people we put off by the intellectual nature and the need for viewers to be able to think back to long past episodes. For me, it was the perfect mix of an incredible female lead, fabulous supporting and guest starring cast members (including the ever-amazing Victor Garber, and Lena Olin who made evil oh-so tantalizing) deep storylines that gave you just enough to keep you interested, and more action than you could handle! The character of Sydney was so great and really helped to put Jennifer Garner on the map, but a lot of the others were overlooked and left behind. (Certainly one of my favorites was Will!) It started out really strong and helped ABC with some much-needed viewer numbers, but somewhere along the way, it kinda puttered out. If you followed Dark Angel, you understand how there's that differance... you think, "It was great before and I still love to watch it, but something's just not right." We had limp, lacking stories that long time viewers may have found themselves disenchanted with, and we soon found a lot of our familiar favorites no where to be seen. There was a lot going on with Jennifer and her personal life, and her movie stardom was beginning to pick up as well, and I feel like this limited both action and storylines. With the introduction of new characters, I knew the end was so much more near than I was ready to believe. Sadly, we fans had to say goodbye to Sydney only to be left with the hope that there was a chance her adventures would continue one day...
  • An amazing show and it’s a shame that it’s gone from the TV screen excepted for replays, just wish it didn’t have to finish like that.

I watched the first season of Alias and I never really understood it, I jut thought that the whole set up of tricking SD6 that they actually got the proper item or that it accidentally broke or was not there was just getting boring. However I watched it again during season three (I think) and I was hooked, I just loved the who way it was set up cos by then there was more to it than learning about Sydney and how she became a member of the CIA or rather a rouge branch of the CIA. It was also unlike any other TV show that I was watching at the time, as the stories continued through to the next week, with the same bad guy who had the same objectives rather than in other TV shows it would be the same bad guy and a new objective (or the same take over the world scheme, while wearing a suit, sitting in a chair and stroking a cat, you know what I mean). There was just so much going on in the series with villains coming and going only later you found that the badie that you thought was dead was actually alive and is back with another plan. You could never predict what was going to happen, which is something that I really, really like in a show. Thanks JJ for creating Alias and Lost. These shows actual need some form of intelligence to watch as you have to understand what is going on, it is also a show where the writers get the viewers to come up with theories as to what is happening or what will happen as a consequence.
    However as good as the show was there is a big problem that I have with it. Why ow why did they have to cancel it half way thought the fifth series it was really getting good, they had the whole plot to uncover about who Michael Vaughn really was. And then there was the ending of the show, if you haven’t seen it then I wont spoil it for you but what I will say is how rubbish it was, it was diabolical, surely they could have come up with something better, and finished on a cliff-hanger as to what Sydney did next, rather than spelling it out for you. Although in the one of the last episodes it was nice to see Eric Weiss again, a bit like having the whole team back together (along with a few new members) all doing their thing.
    Real shame that it ended like this, could defiantly have kept going for a couple more series.
  • Sydney Bristow is a kick-butt agent in Alias. She works in an agency that her father runs, her friends seem to die all around her, why does everyone hate her? Treachery lurks around every corner in this fast-paced, action-packed, original new drama!

Briliant, what can I say?!!! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!
  • Sydney Bristow was recruited to work for SD-6, which she thought was a government agency. But when her fiancé is killed by SD-6 agents, she finds out that SD-6 is not a government agency. Thats when she approaches the real CIA and becomes a double agent.

I am not watching the current episodes that are on air right now because I became a fan of the series after it was already on for a season & a half. So I rent it online. I am up to the begining of season 2 right now & I can't wait for the next disc to arrive. This is such a good show. I don't know why I didn't become a fan right off. I love the action & I can't wait to see what happens next. It's an edge of your seat kind of thing & I love movies or tv shows like that. My plans are to hurry & catch up so I can then tune into the episodes currently on air.
  • Jennifer Garner is absolutely fabulous as Sydney Bristow! Alias is an action packed hour of great entertainment.

Alias is one of those shows that you can watch it again and again. Once you’ve watched one episode you’ll want to continue to watch because you’re hooked! Jennifer Garner makes the show what it is. Sure the other characters get new aliases on assignments but Sydney can be anybody! There are also those characters that you love to hate such as Sloane and Jack Bristow. They have so many different levels to them that you don’t know what side they really are on. This show is a great show to spend an hour watching. I really don’t like the idea of it being moved to Thursday nights at 8:00pm. That’s too competitive of a time slot.
  • Season one... amazing. Season two... amazing. Season three... not so amazing. Season four... well, you get the idea.

The fourth season of Alias was a bit difficult to watch. The stories didn't seem as fresh and hip as they once were. The twists seemed sparser than previous seasons. Despite the fact that it DID have an amazing season finale with a great cliffhanger, but I am probably not going to watch the fifth season until it arrives on DVD because there are far too many other great shows to watch this season. I gave it a 9.5 and in season two it would have been a 10...
  • Completely addicting entertainment from the mind behind "Lost".

I didn't become a fan of "Alias" until very recently. I began watching "Lost" from the very beginning and was impressed at the writers' talent. I knew that JJ Abrams was behind "Lost" as well, and I had read a prequel novel to the show a while ago, and I wondered if "Alias" was as good. A few months later my local library began carrying the "Alias" DVDs and I checked the first few discs.

I was amazed at how much I loved the show. Jennifer Garner is a beautiful and highly talented woman and she carries the show well. The acting of the entire cast and the excellent writing keeps the show from being corny, and most episodes end in cliffhangers that are wrapped up in the first few minutes of the following episode, making the first season seem like a seamless, action-packed, breath taking thrill ride.

I'm still catching up on the rest of the episodes in hopes that I can start watching the fifth (and possibly final) season on ABC.

If you like spy dramas or action, this show is most definitely worth buying on DVD. And this fall TNT will be airing the show from the very beginning.
  • Spies!

Wow. Really. Wow. No other series that I have seen has gone through as many twists, turns, changes, evolutions, and swift kicks as this show. When Alias is at its best, it is a mixture of escapism and intellectualism; the show is a pure joy-ride that forces you to try and figure out just what in the world J. J. Abrams is going to do to his characters. And there is only one sure thing in the world of Alias: you can't figure out what is going to happen and you will be surprised. That is just how the show works and that is why it is genius.
  • The best "spy-show" on tv now.

A very well made "spy-show".
    Alias is a show filled with one "main" story and then some smaller incidents, but the difference from other shows is that the smaller parts leads somewhere too, which may complicate the main story a bit.
    All the actors are very good.
    I don't know how they can find out all the spy-gadgets and stuff but it's very cool.
    But there is nearly almost something that you can think out by yourself in every episode.
    I must say that the main music theme is very good.
    The Alias video game still has the TV show style left but there's too things you've never seen in the Show.
    That's all I had to say!
  • With each episode I become more engrossed...

Alias is a wonderfully told story about a normal girl who is as far from normal as anyone can get. She's a spy and the kicker is that everyone in her life thinks she works for an insurance company... and then you find out her father is a spy and her mother was a rival spy and her sister ends up being a spy....

A family of spies. And yet the show is so riveting that you can't help but be drawn in.

Jennifer Gardner is wonderful as Sydney Bristow and looks great in every disguise.

Victor Garber is the father everyone loves hating but wants to love.

David Anders is the stupidest most intelligent bad guy you'll come across. One minute killing people mercily and the next begging for his own life or helping Sydney.

Mia Maestro is awesome as Nadia, Syd's sister. Nadia is the argentini version of Syd and just as wonderful and beautiful. More stories with Nadia please...

Greg Grunberg has been a love since Felicity. He is funny and awesome. I adore the romance with Nadie and Eric so keep it up.

Michael Vartan is an awesome leading man and while I adore Vaughn and alway route for Sydney and Vaughn... I love the Michael from La Femme Nikita more.... but now that Vaughn isn't Vaughn things are looking up.......

The rest of the cast whether perminant or guest is wonderful and always played well.

This show is a must watch!
  • I only just started watching this show!

Well, I've only seen the first four episodes of Alias and I'm already hooked! I kept meaning to watch it but always forgot, so I went out bought myself the first season on DVD and I was not disappointed. Normally, I'm not really into "action" shows but this one really sets itself appart from the rest!
  • Alias is a great show that realistically shows the life of a female (nice change) double agent. It has really cool gadgets and a good plot.

Although, I've only seen the first half of the first season, Alias is an excellent show. I'm already hooked on it and have been ordering the discs through Netflix. The best parts about Alias are the gadgets and spy toys created for missions, the wonderful acting, and the humor. Watching Marshall explain his latest gadget is always funny.
    In a nutshell, the story is about a young woman named Sydney Bristow who works for an Agency called SD-6, from the start though, her fiancee is killed by them after she tells him about it, and she then becomes a double agent for the CIA. Throughout the show, she frequently goes on lots of missions for SD-6, but also receives countermissions from the CIA. The stories are engrossing and deep.
    The only bad thing is that some of the plots and missions get repetitive over time.
  • An full-on action adventure.

Sure, it may not be completely accurate, and sometimes even unbelievable, but damn, it's good. Alias is the most exctiing, twist filled, shocking show on television. You thought Lost had twists? They have nothing on the constant surprises on Alias.

However, this would be nothing if it wasn't held together with an excellent cast (Jennifer Garner a standout in the brilliant ensemble) and an at least semi-plauseable plot. And the action! Fights, gunfights, martial arts and explosions galore. I wish I were in APO.
  • One of the best shows I have ever seen, it keeps getting better and better every season. I can't wait to watch the next episode every week.

This is definitly one of the best shows I have ever seen, and certaintly the best of it's type. The first season was the best, in my opinion. Every season it has an excellent twisting plot and plenty of action. My entire family sits down and watches the show every week, and then discusses what could possible happen the next week.

Sidney is an excellent main character and a great spy. Every episode is filled with suspence and action in the spy-filled world of Alias. Sloan is a great bad guy (or good...) and leaves us guessing as to what he intends to do next.

All in all this is a great show, and is number 1 on my list.
  • A great, suspenseful TV show written by one of the best out there in J.J. Abrams. It's plot twists and storyline turns are outstanding and the great ensemble cast lead by Jennifer Garner make this show amust watch every week

I'll be completely honest with everyone when I say that I watched the pilot of this show for one reason and one reason only...Jennifer Garner is gorgeous. However, I was absolutely hooked after watching the 2 hour premiere. The plot is ever twisting and there are always secrets being withheld that shock most everyone. Much credit is also given to the incredible ending of the 4th season finale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10