Alias

ABC (ended 2006)

SrRui

Alias Fan Reviews page 7 of 15

• The best show I've ever seen... constantly surprising and keeps you coming back every week. It makes you wish there were more twisting and exciting shows on tv but nothing will ever be like Alias

Alias is the best show I've ever watched. The plot is great, the characters are better. The show was a bit weak in season 4 but is going to have an amazing ending. Season 1 and season 2 were the best seasons of any tv show. It is amazing that the writing has been so good and almost every episode ends on the cliff hanger for the next episode.
  • Awesome show which always kept you on your toes and wanting more. The story-line was simply fabulous with new twists and turns every episode. One show which made a whole summer\'s wait torturous.

This is one of the few shows that has managed to keep its audience for 5 seasons. The first 2 seasons were simply out of this world amazing. The third season was also great but in the 4th season things got a bit boring with similar things being repeated all over the place. The show came up with a lot of intriguing new ideas. Jennifer Garner is perfect as Sydney Bristow and Victor Garber and Ron Rifkin are the life of the show. The other regulars are also superb. In the 5th season the show has become a little repetitive with Vaughn\'s death and duplication of Sydney. Despite the few wrong turns it took this is still one of the best shows on Tv.
  • Sydney Bristow is a kick-butt agent in Alias. She works in an agency that her father runs, her friends seem to die all around her, why does everyone hate her? Treachery lurks around every corner in this fast-paced, action-packed, original new drama!

Briliant, what can I say?!!! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!
  • Outstanding!

I'm really sad that the show is ending in a few episodes, considering I just got into it. There's always the DVDs though! Anyway, I hope the finale is awesome and every loose end gets neatly tied. We'll see though!

The show really covers a broad spectrum; comedy, drama, intense action, and aspects of real life despite how abnormal the characters are. Jack and Sydney have been through ups and downs and though Sydney really doesn't trust Sloane, he's always looked out for her, regardless of what happens to him. All in all, the show's dynamics (and hot stars) have kept it a personal favorite of mine.
  • Good while it lasted

Good while it lasted

Alias\'s best was season 1 and 4. Season 5 has gone way too bizarre and I\'m glad it\'s gone. Vaughn got shot like, with 3 cartridges in the torsio and now he\'s back. Evil francie\'s coming back and she got shot by sydney and stabbed by will. Plus, Sloane is evil, again. How many freaking times will he be evil to good again. Alias was good while it lasted but now it\'s over stayed its welcome. I am glad it\'s over before it got way off line.
  • I'm a bit too optimistic but I love this show since it has spys and isn't afraid to lose continuity or realism...

Alias is simply an awesome show if you like crazy conspiracies, erratic mole hunts, deceptive superiors, tangled family trees, and no one is trustworthy. The show fits into a specific niche of the spy entertainment world. Granted the show is not realistic based on all the weird new weapons and crazy plots to end the world, its an awesome rollercoaster ride that'll keep you on the edge of your seat. This is J.J. Abrams at his finest with much Lost alumni starring in this, especially Terry O'Quinn playing CIA Sub-Director Kendall. Each season followed in greatness with plot twists and turns that could not be expected. Overall a good show if spy dramas with a bit of fantasy is your cup of tea.
  • Alias is back, and ready to give us the best last episodes ever!!

6.3
    I am so glad it's back! I actually started to stop watching Alias. I was getting bored with Syd pregnant and the new people coming in. Vaughn being dead made us so mad, but I had faith in J.J Abrahms and knew it couldn't be true, nobody ever dies on Alias! But I was ready to watch the final episodes, staying faithful to the series I had watched for 5 years since the beginning. Vaughn being alive made us so happy, and finding out that Syd and Jack knew, a revelation! It was a staging of his death!! And the last episode with Will's return was one of my favorites of all of them, it was just great to see him again, and go out into the field with Sydney. And what a double whammy with guest stars- Gina Torres back as Ana-Espinosa. How great was it to see Amy Acker and her working together again as they did in Angel! But I'm glad Will didn't die, and that his goodbye was a great one. I loved it when he was "uncle Will" holding the baby. And what a shocker, Ana becoming a Sydney double, it explains why Syd fought herself in her dream state back in season 4! They're tying it all together. Now they just gotta give us more Vaughn, and tie up Rambaldi's story. I know they'll give us the happy ending we all want!
  • Good while it lasted

Alias's best was season 1 and 4. Season 5 has gone way too bizarre and I'm glad it's gone. Vaughn got shot like, with 3 cartridges in the torsio and now he's back. Evil francie's coming back and she got shot by sydney and stabbed by will. Plus, Sloane is evil, again. How many freaking times will he be evil to good again. Alias was good while it lasted but now it's over stayed its welcome. I am glad it's over before it got way off line.
  • A good spy vs. spy

I truly can't remember the last time I was so impressed after watching the first part of a new TV show. The amazing pilot glued me to the screen because "Alias" knows it means business and wants the viewer to realize it as well. Professional, nearly movie-like cinematography, great action sequences, incredible acting (Jennifer Garner is one breathtaking actress, the find of the year, and the rest of the cast is also amazing) and smart scenarios(there's so much happening in the first episode alone it's unbelievable). Of course there are some of those cliche and over-the-top moments but it's all surpassed by Jennifer Garner and unexpected plot twists.
  • alias

this show is a m a z i n g. it is definitly action, and very mysterious at times. i ♥ to watch this any where any time. i am very sad that they only have about 5 episodes left. because this was one of my favorite action shows. it shouldn\'t stop
  • Truth Takes Time... The words ring true in a show like Alias where you can never be sure who to trust. Sydney Bristow is a role model for every girl out there. Honest, smart and fighting the good fight. Though it didn't start of like that.

Alias was a breath of fresh air in my opinion. I was gripped from the first minute. From the first mission to the last stand it has been entertaining, consistant and made me want to continue watching. From SD-6 to APO the show has brought new characters and whether you love or hate them you want to know what happens to them. Sydney and Vaughn's romance was brilliantly handled and i think we all felt the heartbreak when Vaughn told her he was married and that she'd been missing and presumed dead for two years. I was sad when i heard the show was ending but all good things must come to an end and this was absolutely brilliant.
  • the best show on network television

Alias is one of the best shows that has ever graced a television screen. Although, at times the storylines may have seemed a tad predictable and over the top, its character driven storiy lines is what kept me watching for the past five years. I just don't understand why the network and the viewers seem to have give up on what once was the only thing worth watching on ABC. Alias is so great because you can never know what or who will pop up. The fact that no one can ever stay dead or missing for long is what i love the most about the show. And as this final season ends i know i will not be disapointed at what is to come
  • Started with a punch and ended with a limp wrist

I didn't even begin watching Alias until midway through season 3 and on a sickday, i was fumbling around in my DVD closet and stumbled across season one that a friend had given my roommate. I had never seen it and thought i'd give it a go. By the time the day had ended, i'd watch half of season one and was eager to finish the rest of the season. Alias had a way of really engaging your interests from the first second until the end of each episode. it was exciting and intriguing and the characters were written so well that you really cared about what happened with them. every episode ended with a great cliffhanger and kept you coming back for more. Season two started and wasn't as good as season one, but was still amazingly exciting. then season three came about and the formula changed. it turned into a soap opera with some excitement tacked on for good measure. i watched all three seasons and then when season four started, the writers were quoted as saying that they were back to the formula of season one. well, that didn't happen and i quit watching altogether. it's been on hiatus since Garner had her baby and will apparently finish the last 10 episodes with a bang. i may watch just for the fun and see if it really will end well, for good. let's hope so.
  • Sydney Bristow works for APO, a black-ops devision of the CIA. Her past and her family has some deep dark secrets. Her world is filled with espionage and violence. And things are never what they appear to be.

Alias is truely original. With the on going story line of the Rambaldi Prophecy, the emotional rollarcoster of Sydney, the portrayal of the CIA and and the twists how could it not be? It combines many genre's including action, mystery etc. Each and every character is potrayed excellently buy the actor and actresses. It has a strong female in lead role which makes it empowering for women and girls watching it but shes sexy and there's a lot of action in the show so that also appeals to the male audience. It's filled with suspense and cliffhangers per episode. I totally recomend the show.
  • This is the story of Sdyney Bristow and her family and friends. As they work and live in the action packed, drama filled world of spies.

An action packed mystery filled spy drama; that I'm devasted to see go. All the twists and turns through out the years will be hard to tie up in the next month or so. It'll be interesting to see who\'s finally a good guy or bad guy in the end.

Even though some fans hate has this season has been they need to realize that JJ must have something astonishing up his sleeve. And if you really believe that Vaughn is dead then you\'ve got sucker written on your forehead.

I\'ll miss Sydney and the gang and the twists and turns of their action filled lives.
  • A spy show that's cutting edge mixed in with personal drama. This show will always leave you hanging on the edge of your seat.

I've watched this show since the very start and I have loved it ever since. This show is a cult classic that ties in all the details through out the seasons. It always leaves the viewer on the edge of their seat and asking for more. I highly recommend this show.
  • I'm addicted to Alias, I'll be so sad to see it go. :-( Has anyone played the game?

It's pretty good actually. Based on the popular ABC show that combines spy fiction with modern pop culture, Alias puts you in the heels of Jennifer Garner's super spy, Sydney Bristow, as she sneaks and karate-chops her way through various missions for the CIA. Alias features voiceovers and likenesses of key characters from the television series, including Michael Vaughn, Marshall Flinkman and Marcus Dixon. The game also uses a script penned by series creator J.J. Abrams. Unfortunately, despite the title's high production value and slick visual presentation, Alias is a poor action-stealth title that is nothing but a guilty pleasure for fans of the series.

Alias plays much like Mission Impossible for the Nintendo 64. As Sydney Bristow, you will don disguises to infiltrate various installations, museums or casinos, hot on the trail of something called the Rambaldi Artifact (which may sound like Greek if you haven't been a loyal viewer of the series). Along the way, Sydney gets to make use of various spy gizmos (given the fancy name of Op-Tech) to solve a few mini-game puzzles and -- when called for -- to unleash a repertoire of moves ripped from a traditional side scrolling beat-em-up action title.
  • Alias, my love

I don\\\'t care about the ratings, content wise and quality this is an awesome show.
    I think the last season did lose its way, but even a bad day with alias is a million times better than some of the trash allowed to be broadcast.
    The show is going to end fantastically, the rambaldi mystery tied up, a visit from will vaughn, and momma bristow and im a happy bunny
    I bow down to the kickass-ness of Jennifer Garner....you rock my socks!!
  • A day in the life of Syndney Bristo is filled with friends, family, & work. All of these are related because they all work with her at the CIA and go on weekly missions to save the world. With a different country or a new disguise her life isn't normal.

This is one of my absoulute favorite shows ever. Jennifer Garner is an awesome actress and she does great on the show. Alias is so exciting and fun filled with action, adventure , & a little bit of mystery. Which makes the perfect combination for an awesome show.

This really is the best show, but after only five seasons it is coing to an end. It is always very sad to see a great show go.
  • Alias is absolutely fabulous !

This show rocks big time ! Episodes get better and better evey season. Since I started watching this I totally got hooke. Jennifer is perfect for this show. Conspiracies, action and drama... Who wouldn't be drawn to this show especially with a hot agent like Agent Sydney Bristow....Glad it's a returning season !
  • A spy living a double life, working as a double agent, performing the most dangerous missions for two agencies. One of them the CIA. The other, a covert branch of a criminal organisation. Loyal to the CIA, she retrieves valuable intelligence with the inte

I first saw this show a couple of months ago. The episode called Q&A. I must say it couldn’t have been any better episode to start watching the show. I get to see everything from the beginning in short clips, just to get me more thirsty. All the stunts, all the characters and the story so far. I am currently watching the whole show for the second time, and I must say I still discover new twists and turns in these series. This is a good show, and it brings a lot of emotions to life, while being hardcore action.
  • This show it can be more great!!!!!!

I love this show, at first i didn't like it but one day with nothing to do or see i watched and i never stoped.

The most amazing about this show is that you don´t feel the time past. and performers are very good. My favorite actor is david anders i think he is so handsome and talented, you can't hete him well his character Sark. This is a show about spies and it's very exciting.

i still try to see the episode i miss, i almost finish to watch them.

Just watch this show you will not regret it, it's amazing and interesting never you will get boring.

P.D. i'm sorry about my english, i'm still learning. i hope you understand.
  • HOT sssssssssss

Jennifer Garner is so hot that no matter what happens on the show it will good!!!!! But there is no need to worry about a crappy show because the writting is just brilliant and Jennifer Garners supporting cast is amazing too. My only regret of the show is that it is done at years end :(!!!!!!!
  • One of the best action shows on TV.

Alias is definitely an amazing action packed show. It joins 24 as being highly intense and interesting. It's really sad to hear that this show is stopping after 5 incredibly enjoyable seasons.

Hopefully, ABC changes their mind but I doubt it. All the seasons of Alias have followed interesting plots and it also provides some comedy elements as well.

Alias is truly an amazing show. I hate to see it go, but hopefully they can end it with a bang, but after seeing what they have done already with the show, i have no doubt they can make the last few episodes exceedingly entertaining.
  • Alias. What an amazing show. I have been captivated by this show since discovering it late one Thursday night three years ago.

When I first discovered this show, I thought "I dont care about the story lines, just let me see what Jennifer Garner is gonna be wearing next".

Then I started to get drawn in by the ongoing story. The whole Sidney-Sloane relationship, how intensely she hates him.

I still enjoy watching Jennifer, but dont have to feel so guilty, because my wife loves the show too, (maybe not for exactly the same reasons) and we both try to analyse and make sense of all the sub-plots and back stories.

I was very sad to hear that this is going to be the last season...
  • Alias: better and better

Here in Spain i\'m watching season 2 and it\'s getting better and better. more and more interesting in every episode. i can\'t stop watching it. And it\'s a different show from any other i\'ve ever seen. I like a lot of show and this is one of my favourites, because of the intrigue, the action and the personal stuff.
  • Breathtaking and moist!

Syd starts being attracted to Sloan who turns out to be a woman, the mother-in-law Rimbaldy never had. Jack gets furious because Irina has kept this secret from him but she has a very good excuse: she didn’t know.
    Meanwhile, on Broadway, Helga, the menace of the pansy junior executives of the Wall Street, is making a comeback, as she needs to steal a doughnut recipe from Kasparov which, while playing chess with Bush Jr, lost miserably.
    In this episode Syney has to impersonate a cigar as well as herself impersonating a cigar, in order to penetrate a bank in Cuba. They first build the bank. Then she penetrates.
    Oh yea: and they all see dead people.
  • you gotta hold on here..

yea thats is something to come after, really ekstrinig will i say.
    she moves like a cat that woman. and she i smart, and know that she is doing. i can not stop seing that happing next. she allways have the big problems to deal with. god it not me..
  • Sydney Bristow, once a grad student, gets wrapped up in the spy life. She is somehow connected to a 15th century prophet who predicted her to render utter desolation. Alias has redefined itself on countless occasions and remains the best show on tv.

Awesome! Alias is a rollercoaster of events that never stops giving you a thrill every time you sit in front of the tv. Think prophecies with action, twisted relationships with realism. This show keeps redefining itself every hour. From the crazy modern gadgets to the old decaying Rambaldi artifacts, Alias is caught between two centuries. Groundbreaking plots keep the audience captivated week after week until the season arrives to its thrilling finale. Jennifer Garner has reinvented the word female action hero with her character Sydney Bristow. Joined by a fantastic ensemble of actors, Jennifer Garner keeps the critics' attention on this riveting show.
  • It started out strong and, for the first few seasons, was one of the best shows on TV. So what happened? [Lotsa spoilers]

I got into Alias during its second season (the best season, in my opinion) but I quickly caught up on DVD. The show was absolutely brilliant from the beginning.

The first season is certainly the most complex. Sydney Bristow is a college grad student with a demanding job, supportive friends and an estraged father. She works as a double agent for the CIA inside SD-6, where she is forced to smile in the face of her evil boss, lie to coworkers who she cares about and trust her father. Every mission for SD-6 involves a counter-mission from the CIA. Syd also has to balance her school work with her job as a double agent and her social life. Finally, she has to keep all of this secret from her best friends, even though one is investigating SD-6. Oh, and before I forget, there's a budding romance with her CIA handler. The show is so intricate and complex, but it works so well.

In the second season, things become less complicated. One of her close friends knows about her job, so that's one less person to lie to, and they barely mention school anymore. Halfway through the season, the even take down SD-6, making Sydney a regular CIA agent (not a double agent) and allowing her to see Vaughn. On the other hand, they introduce the materstroke that is Sydney's mother. Because of her, wonderfully played by Lena Olin, Sydney's epionage escapades all become a metaphor for her complex relationship with her parents. The show may have become less complicated, but it became more compelling. On top of it all, one of the greatest season finales ever. Wow!

Season 3 saw an even greater loss of complications. No more friends outside of work, no more mother hanging around, Sloane's not the bad guy (for most of the season). The relationship between Syd, her mother anf her father is replaced by a love triangle between Syd, Vaughn and Vaughn's wife (who didn't see that betrayal coming?). It was still compelling, but less so. Meanwhile, the answer to Sydney's missing two years was pretty underwhelming, and the finale was nothing special.

Season 4 is where the real problems started. I love Alias' ability to change and evolve all of the time (usually every half season or so), but it just became dull. They began to make episodes completely self-contained, without to large story arcs that kept previous seasons rolling. By the time they returned to formula, the show had lost something.

And now Season 5. Too mant characters gone, not enough interesting spy intrigue. Taking Sydney out of the game didn't work too well (and yes, I know Jennifer Garner was pregnant). I just really didn't care at all. The show (at this point) has been off the air for almost 4 months, and I can't remember what happened sop far this season. I just hope that they can pull out something great to wrap it up, sprint for that finish line. Fingers crossed.

All-in-all, great complexity, great characters, very intriguing stuff, with a perfect mix between drama and action. The show has become known for constantly shifting and changing, sometimes in big ways. Great stuff ... then Season 4 came along. I gues that I am sorry to see it go, but I'm more sorry that it petered out this way.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11