Alias

Truth Takes Time

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 16, 2003 on ABC

• Review

I always think that the beginning is going to ruin the episode for me until I see what the writers actually come up with that make me question why I always continue to doubt them. I loved the beginning - end of the episode connection, with Arvins wife dying and not Irina like we all seemed to think. I liked the "Truth Takes Time" note that Sydney was able to piece together at the end, I thought it was the best episode title reference to an epiosde so far this series. Overall however the episode was very well done. I like how Emily is gone for good now - as Arvin has no reason to leave the job behind. There is no more sympathy in his life and looks like he is going to be with the job for as long as the show will keep him on. I dont know where the show goes from here, as a lot of episodes this season tend to end without a big cliffhanger as they were in season 1. The writing however continues to get stronger.
  • For the 50th time, CIA fails... SD6 was better.

6.8
    Alias has been better than everything else, because it operated with the element of surprise flawlessly.

The plot kept changing, altering, twists, turns along the road making this even somewhat linear story incredibly intriguing.

This episode, however, most of the attempts from the writers fail.

The episode's biggest flaw is that, in my opinion, they showed the outcome of the episode in the first minute.

A few episodes the same technic was used - show something first, then explain later - however, in that episode, it was handled much better, plus it didn't spoil the ending.

I love Jack. He's a very strong character. But in this episode, I hated him. Actually I was agreeing with Kendall.

The first attempt to catch Sloane, in the bank, was poor. I just can't believe that the CIA couldn't capture Sark and Irina. Of course, what's worse, is the 'endgame'. Sloane has escaped too many times.... the episode reminded me of 24. 35 mins of success destroyed by a 5-minute ending. Basically: one step forward, 2 steps back.

This is unfortunate, as Syd has more problems than plot twists right now...

Overally OK episode, very enjoyable, but predictable ending, and mediocre writing at places. Alias can do better.
    Funnily, ever since SD6 is finished, CIA has been really amatuer. They rarely succeed nowadays.
  • One of the best episodes so far.

Jack actually outsmarted Irena. I thought that she had his complete trust in the last episode, but as it turns out he was never fooled by her, because when he took out the tracking device he somehow injected her with an inactive one. It looks like he had a feeling that she was going to betray him & run away with Sloan.

Irena saved Sydney & Vaughns life. It is obvious that she loves her daughter, I have no doubt about that at all, and I never had since she first showed up. That was a pretty smart move calling Sydney and getting out of the building so that Syd could follow her. And Just in time too.

Emily is shocked to find out that *Laura* is alive. She asks to see Syd & wants to help turn Sloan in, but she changes her mind right at the end & runs away with him. Dixon Shoots her by accident. Sloan really does love Emily. he was willing to sacrifice 30 years of collecting Rambaldi artifacts just so he can be with Emily. We actually got to see him shed real tears after she was shot. When he finds out it was Dixon who shot her he's going to get his sweet revenge.

Syd finally realised that Francie has been acting wierd but it seems that she didn't take the whole tie issue seriously.

ANd of course the end was the best. Irena giving he earings to Syd, and then sending her a message in morse code "Truth Takes Time" I wonder what she meant by that & what is Irena *really* up to.
  • Truth takes time....but how long?

Irina is cool. I think what makes her so cool, is the fact that nobody really gets her. Sloane doesn't, Sydney doesn't and Jack doesn't either. Irina loves Sydney that's clear. But was she overwhelmed by it, or did she turn herself in to the CIA so she could talk with her? It doesn't really matter but I was just wondering.

Sydney said she wished Irina got shot, wich is not true. She has come to care for her mother, and she knew all along that it wasn't the best person on the whole world. Irina did change, only she's also still working with the bad guys. Bad guys Sydney hates with all her guts. Hmm, difficult relationship :P

Jack has charge over the mission, and Kendall doesn't like it. He shouldn't be worried though, because Jack clearly doesn't want the job. Very smart, btw that he implanted that thing in Irina. Seems like he knew what she was doing all along.

Sloane is a mystery too. Was he really willing to give everything up for Emily? It certainly seemed so. They did love each other, only Sloane has been lying to Emily for years. And when she thought it was over he just went on. If he really wanted to be with her, he would've stopped after SD-6 was destoyed. But he didn't, and now she's dead. The evil-guy is getting a littl pay-back. Only Sydney suffers too. That's a really big down side:(

Sydney was seriously doubting Francie. You could see her looking like: "Something's wrong with you". It's not very smart to buy a tie, anyway. I guess it will have a microphone in it. Let's hope Vaughn won't wear it!

I adored to ending. "Truth takes time" is so fitting for Sydney and Irina's relationship. Someday she'll all know. She'll know if Irina realy is bad, that she did love Syndey and perhaps they'll maybe start over again (That's one thing I doubt though). But that time isn't yet. Sydney will have to wait, and so will we.