Alice Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

Alice to air on ION (formerly I and Pax)

FredScuttle

[1]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 43

Saw on another site that Alice will begin airing weekdays at 7:30pm on ION (formerly I and before that, Pax), starting April 2nd.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tia1225

[2]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 8
    I think it aired for about 3 weeks to a month in my area, but now they have Designing Women in that time slot.

FredScuttle

[3]Dec 8, 2007

If anyone hasn't noticed, Alice is again airing on ION,Mon-Thu at 7 and 7:30pm . Designing Women was removed from the schedule (no big loss, as TV Land airs it)

beachcitykid

[4]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    I have watched at least 2 episodes of Alice on ION, and noticed that entire scenes are missing. The epsiode with Eve Arden was missing the entire talk show scene and Alice Beats the Clock was missing the strike scene (as evidenced in the closing credits). ION is mutilating the series to squeeze in more commercials as they do with every show. For Alice completest, avoid at all costs.

FredScuttle

[5]Dec 25, 2007
    Yeah, they do butcher it pretty bad. To be honest, all the other cable networks that have aired it have chopped out scenes for more commercial time too, including CBS when they aired it weekday mornings in the early 80's. TNN used to time compress it, which was even worse...it made it sound too fast. Even though ION does chop it up, I've seen scenes on ION that were cut out from E! or TNN. The only way we're ever gonna see it original is if WB ever gets off their butt and starts releasing the series!

cringer00

[6]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 1

ION is getting on my nerves big time with all the stupid banners and ending credit ads they keep throwing into the show. It's bad enough they abruptly pop into a commercial when you're watching the show, without all the other annoying banner garbage and ending credits ads. When asked why they keep doing this, I got told that it was because they have to keep up with the Jones' (other networks who are doing the same garbage) or the will be left behind. They said that they are also doing it because Tivo and DVRs allow people to fast forward through commercials. I find this to be a poor excuse for adding garbage into a show that I enjoy. I refuse to watch ION again until they stop with the banners and ending credit ads immediately!

As for Alice , I can only hope that Warner will release the entire series, uncut, on DVD, along with the series called Flo.

redbarn7

[7]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 3

I can't stand the banners either, but I guess it does make sense for them to run them during the programs. I have a DVR. I mean think about it, people are fast forwarding through the programs so you don't have to watch the commercials. If everyone gets TiVo or DVR (which I think is going to happen), then they have to find another way to advertise. I am looking at statistics on the internet and in 2006 12% of all 114 million households had DVR's. In 2007 it went up to 17% and acccording to Nielsen reports 99% of DVR users skip the ads. What ION Television is doing is adapting to an ever changing television environment. I can't stand the banners, but I dislike commercials much more. I would take a banner over a commercial anyday.

One last thought. Without those advertising dollars, there would be no television. I would take a commercial/banner/anything over not having a television network. Wouldn't you?