The Drew Carey Show

ABC (ended 2004)

The Drew Carey Show Fan Reviews (69)

• one of the best and most under-rated shows ever

the Drew carey show was easily one of the best sitcoms of the 90's . It was always new and taking risks like the show's annual april fools contest and live episodes.This show is so under-rated now and should be up there with Seinfield and Friends .The Cast All had such great chemistry and were all great , but i do agree with everyone the show wasn't the same after Christa Miller left and kate was replaced by kellie the show kinda went after that . it will be forever remembered for its risk taking and dance moves that were clasic.
  • love this show and missed it when it was gone

i loved all the drewcary shows and i still watch them on dvd the ones i have he has been a role model for me and for all the drewcary fans rock on we will miss you and every time i watch this program i wonder if drew will ever get with kate and well the finial one anwers my question
    this show was the freatest show i think and i cant even spesifie on any episodes becuase they were all great i think that the seroius should have countiue but o well just like to end saying drew or other fans and members of this show you did a hell of a job your freind and fan
    Joseph.W.Mummert.Jr.
  • Watch this watch this watch this!! This show is so funny and has a great plot.

I love this show ! ! ! I watched every episode over the summer . It is so funny . I loved the episode when they mixed stuff up and slipped props in that werent there be fore . I drove my friends crazy watching this so much . One thing is for cer tain . . . I will never watch the last episode again . It was way too sad . I was litteraly bawling when i watched it . I watch all of Drew Careys other shows and they are all hilarious . Drew Carey is a legend.
  • This is a great show...

I love this show. Unfortunately, I saw it a few times, then didn't have time to, and then I forgot when and on which channel they show the show. Anyway, the episodes are always very original, extremely funny, with great characters, and with very well planned out plots and resolutions. Kate is a great character - too bad she left the show. I also came to love Mimi - she's an extremely funny character. I only saw parts of the series (and a few episodes on YouTube - I came to like the christmas episode, the fat person episodes, and the Sims episode), but I highly recommend it - it really is a great show...
  • This show stars Drew Carey as an "everyman" who has a lot of good friends and who likes drinking beer and who likes being mean to his coworker(s).

I love this show. I think that it is funny and clever and out there and one of those rare and underappreciated TV shows out there. I really do. Sure,this series had nine seasons,but it never won an Emmy (I did hear however that it was nominated for a Emmy,but not for A Very Special Drew) and ABC moved it around a lot (and its last two seasons were in the summer). So,in quite a few ways,this show didn't get what it truly deserved,but it other ways,it did truly get what it deserved.
    Why do I like this show? A:The characters,I mean,Mimi is hilarious (admit it),and c'mon,Kate and Oswald and even Lewis are all a pretty funny bunch (fess up,fans) and B:the musical numbers,like,Five O'Clock World,the Rocky Horror one,Cleveland Rocks,the list goes on,and C:the relationships,especially between Drew and Kate (personal favorite). But,overall,this show is a great show that I truly am a fan of (I admit it).
  • Drew Carey Show is Hilarious

One of the greatest and most underappreciated shows to ever air on ABC. The Drew Carey told the story of Drew,an average guy from Cleveland, who works at a department store. He has a very eccentric boss, annoying co-worker who hates him yet marries his brother, and two loveable loser friends. Drew always gets into wacky situations that cause sheer hilarity. One of the great things about this show is the randomness and the fact that they did shows that no writer would ever think about. Who expected a show about finding mistakes within it? Good thing it reruns on TBS. Or I'd be missing another great and hilarious show.
  • Cleveland Rocks!

The Drew Carey Show was a great and very funny show not just because of Drew Carey but because of the supporting cast especially Oswald and Lewis.It's a fuuny show for people all over but being from Ohio made this show even better for me as it represented my home state in a time like the opening shows that the Cleveland Indians were one of the biggest things here.

This show had storylines most around Drew's love life wether it be with Kate or later Kellie that would make you want to watch it every week but having great unexpected humor;But as I said the true gems of this show was the comedy team of Lewis(Ryan Stiles)and Oswald(Diedrich Bader)

Overall-10/10
  • Not just another sitcom. Cleveland rocks!

I LOVE this show! I wouldn’t miss it for anything.

Drew Carey is a comical genius. He really is. Between Whose Line is it Anyway, and his own version, Drew Carey’s Green Screen, The Drew Carey Show is another example of what this funny guy is all about.

This show features Drew Carey, just another Joe Average living in Cleveland, Ohio. It follows Drew’s run-of-the-mill life. From still working behind his desk at a highly successful department store, and still remaining unappreciated, Drew’s tragic love life and his struggle to find ‘the one’, and his typical relationship with his three best friends.

What I love about The Drew Carey Show is, although there’s an exaggerated hilarious twist, Every episode features an aspect of your life somewhere that you can relate. Maybe you could see a little of your ‘not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed’ friend in Oswald, or a bit of your boss in Mr Wick, or a bit of Kate in the friend you can never have, or a big chunk of Mimi in your enemy, or a part of Beulah Carey in your own mother! You might even recognise a bit of Drew in yourself. Because this show is based on an everyday guy, everyday people can relate and enjoy. A lot.

Along with loads of laugh-out-loud moments in every episode, The Drew Carey Show has a kickass soundtrack, awesome theme tunes during the entire series, several gratuitous musical moments and entire song-and-dance episodes, all with fantastically choreographed dancing and great music.

The creators of this show – including Drew himself – have obviously gone to a lot of trouble in keeping this show real. Yes, some very atypical situations arise, but the life of Drew is so real that you’d swear that was how Drew Carey actually lived.

If The Drew Carey Show was released on DVD, I’d buy the first set that hit the shelves. Absolutely brilliant.
  • This show ruled

Ok frist off does anyone know who that girl was that played "Grace" for one show?........well anyway i think between '02 - '04 this show blew man i mean they never should of gotten rid of kate she was the only one that could play along side Drew Oswold & Lewis.
  • Cleveland Rocks..Cleveland Rocks...Cleaveland Rocks!

I liked this show because Drew did everything to try to win and he always lost. Everything he did, Mimi did everything to one-up him. And when he finally thinks hes on top....Mimi gets him :) A no win situation for him, which always is a bad thing. But in the end, he gets on top
  • The Drew Carey Show is coming to DVD!

Yes, you heard me right! It will be released on February 28th. BestBuy is the only site carrying this. So go to Bestbuy.com and search for Drew Carey. Then click on: Drew Carey Show: TV Favorites Compilation for more info.
    There is also a Drew Carey Show DVD already availible. Just search for Drew Carey again, and click: Drew Carey: TV Favorites.
    Enjoy!
  • Drew Carrey, a dead-beat everyman, struggles through his life with his friends and the many girlfriends he dates on his way.

Hilarious!!!! This is one of the Best shows on TV!
    It's a sitcom, but the fun thing is, it thinks like an animated show, and therefore is very clever and manages to emerge from the decaying husk of the sitcom shows on TV. Makes fun of life, pulls funny situations out of no-where, and gives you a view on life. (I do not want to grow up to be like Drew)! One of the funniest things on the show is thr rivalry between Drew and Mimi, and how their always fighting eachother with snappy comebacks. One of the best shows on television that makes you laugh in sheer joy.
  • Cleveland Rocks

What can I say great show. Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Dierich Bader, Kathy Kinney, and the rest of the cast make for a grade A family fun. It is the story of Drew Carey who works in a dead end middle management job works next to a the creature from the black lagoon and goes to the bar everynight to hang out with his friends and forget about his troubles. He is like just about every person in America I would think. I love Mimi and Drew fighting and insulting each other. It's the best, but you could tell somewhere deep deep down they might like each other. Lewis and Oswald are idiots, but endearing and you just have to love them. We can't forget about Mr. Wick, Steve, Kate, Kelly, Nicky, Beulla, and Larry all bring their quirky personalities into the fold and just make for good television. I close in saying I want a buzz beer anyone want to join me.
  • Drew Carey is your average Cleveland man who just wants to live life, find a better job, settled down and get married, and put up with his crazy friends and mean co-worker/enemy Mimi Bobeck

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I still can\\\'t believe it had a series finale. When it came to one-liner insults and quick jokes, Drew and Mimi were there to deliver it. And when some crazy sheme needs to be planned to make money Oswald and Lewis were there. Drew Carey was a very funny show. If u want to see reruns, it\\\'s on TBS everyday for a full hour, 3pm to 4pm and the WB at 11pm.
  • Best show on TV, they should make a movie here is a good idea

A good movie based on the show would be possibly, five or six years after Drew Jr. is born, many things have changed Drew and Kellie are celebrating Drew Jr.'s 5th or 6th birthday and their 5th or 6th anerversery. Lewis and Oswald are still single, Mimi and Larry have married. Gus is around 12. Drew still works at the New Winfred Louder. Oswald now is full owner of the Warsaw. Kellie is still a waitress. Now to the story...
    On the day of the birthday and anerversery, Kate shows up at Drew's door while Kellie is upstairs getting Drew Jr. ready for the party at the Warsaw for his birthday. Kate has no knoldge of Drew being married and tells him she got divorced and relised she is still inlove with him. She is surprised to lean he does not feel the same way and is even more shocked when Kellie walks downstairs with Gus. Kellie keeps walking in on Drew and Kate in odd positions that look wrong but really arn't. Maybe, Kate can move into the garage apartment and Steve can return and fall inlove with Kate. anyway I really think that a Drew Carey movie would be very very popular.
  • This show ROX!!! Classic comedy that shows it as it is. Love the cast, couldnt be better.

The Drew Carey Show is my favorite show. I love it. Especially Diedrich Bader whos plays Oswald. I wish they had of kept it going. I wish that Christa Miller had of stayed but she had a couple of kids and is working on scrubs so good for her. I can\'t wait for it to come on dvd. Love it!!
  • Drew Carey + Whose Line is it Anyway + Drew Carey Show = THE BEST DARN SHOWS EVER!

Whose Line is it Anyway and the Drew Carey show, both made by the same person, the world's only Drew Carey! A couple of words... THEIR AWESOME! Drew Carey might be America's brains! Drew Carey show... I started watching this show after Whose Line is it Anyway, it's awesome! But Drew got to keep his name. Ryan Stiles is Drew Carey show's Louis! And he's also on Whose Line, Ryan Stiles is one of my favorite american actors!
  • Wats up with sienfeld being so popular, the drew carey show has always been the sitcom for me

TDCS had its peeks and definatly had it lows but the cast was always the best Ryan, Drew, Diedrich common they were hillarious togeter no other sitcom has ever caught any of my attention but TDCS has captured it all its freakin hillarious! Sometimes I come across an episode which doesnt make to much sence to me and seems like a waste of time...but its always funny and I enjoy it Long Live Drew Carey..., and Ryan Stiles cuz hes cool too
  • A great show. ABC should have treated it better.

The Drew Carey Show is hilarious. My favorite episodes were the [i] different [/i] types, such as the live episodes, where the cast of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" would join in on the fun, or the "What's Wrong with this Episode?" contests, where the show is enshrouded with goofs and viewers have to find them. Even the normal episodes were good. One for example, was the halloween 2001 episode. It was a great performance by the entire cast and guest-star Henry Winkler. But then again, usually all episodes are great. The worst thing that really happened to the series was simply the change in camera-styles in the final season. But the finale, with the great ending and final montage made up for it. You really should see this episode.
  • Greatest comedy ever!!!

I cant belive that I missed it. Now im forced to watch the reruns on TBS from 3-4. I love that show!!! Drew Carey is a comedic genious. No other show will match that. If you dont laugh at that show you have severe problems. Too funny to not laugh.
  • The greatest sitcom ever, that was sadly burned off.

The Drew Carey Show is and will always be my favorite show. The characters are all very funny, played by great actors. It is definitely the funniest show I have ever seen. Between Drew and Mimi fighting or Lewis and Oswalds dumb ideas this show is by far the greatest. It did jump the shark in my opinion when Winfred-Louder closed because thats what the show was about: Drew Carey Assistant Manager of Personnel. It's so sad to watch how ABC couldn't care less about a show that was once what kept the network going. The final two seasons were burned off and the finale was nothing special, not advertised or made a huge deal of like Friends or Frasier. The Drew Carey Show is in my mind the best sitcom ever that will always be remembered by me and hopefully anyone who appreciates TV. Dew and Cast, Thanks for 9 great seasons.
  • The greatest sitcom on the planet! It never even got a fraction of the credit it deserved!

The greatest sitcom on the planet! It never even got a fraction of the credit it deserved! This show needs to be released on DVD pronto! It's not fair that terrible shows can be released on DVD, but a great show like this is stuck in television limbo. If they stop showing reruns, I don't know what I'll do!
  • Man oh man what a schweat show

What! Drew Carey Show canceled. that was my first reaction when i saw the news. i know Mr. Carey wanted to make new projects and stuff, but i bet he could of had some time for this show.

the reason might be that their wast any more show subject to think aboute or make.

What I like about this is that Drew Carey is such a normal, C-average underachiever. It\'s such a nice change from all the other comedy shows out right now. I normally don\'t like sitcoms, but I make an exception for this one. The whole cast is made up of comedians, and it shows. Here\'s a guy whose life is one long losing streak, just like most people\'s (you know this is true). I love it.
  • The True King of Comidy!

This show took the place in my mind of the Former Comidy Icon Married With Children.

It was the prefect combo of cast and jokes.

The dual between Drew and Mimi was classic!

The idea of Buzz Beer, mixing Coffine (mostly the Caffine in it) and Alchol was great if only that would happen in real life.
  • fun and crazy

I wated The Drew Carey show from the get go. I thought the show was extremely funny. First of all it was supposed to be set in Cleveland, Ohio which is where I live. So the mention of certain places were all real to me. The show and its character were very funny and seemed to work well together. The one liners were extremely clever. The interaction of the character seemed to come so natural.It was great fun to see a show based on a city that gets made fun of so often. I was very sorry to see it go.
  • One of the funniest and most influential sitcoms of the nineties. It started out strong, got stronger, then went a little downhill, but was always underrated.

The nineties birthed many of what I call "based on the comedy stylings of..." sitcoms, but the one that stands out the most is The Drew Carey Show. The show had everything that counted; the crazy plotlines, the quirky characters, and the amazing gimmicks. The show set important records, being the first American show to film in China and doing live episodes (filmed four times each episode, once for each continental U.S. time zone). The Drew Carey Show gave back to the fans with wacky contests, such as "What's Wrong With This Episode?'s" and "Name Drew's Nephew." Other entertaining gimmicks included the numerous musical numbers and back-to-school variety specials. The show set the theme song bar high with classic songs, hard-rocking songs, and, later, remixes to spice things up each episode. Even if you've never been to Ohio, The Drew Carey Show will have you yelling, "Cleveland Rocks!"
  • The Drew Carey Show was a great show that I started watching in the last few years. It is always very funny and Drew Carey is great in it.

The other actors are also great in it. It is really wroth watching and I would recommend it to everyone who wants a laugh.
  • This show debuted as a great show full of 4 wisecracking friends. In later seasons the show mastered the art of the ZING.

The show debuted as a show with 4 wise cracking friends(similar to a show with 6 wise cracking friends). As the show matured, so did the jokes. The show was almost a direct image of Married With Children, making fun of sex, appearence, and society status. Like Married With Children, each joke, or zing, was obviously set up by a comment of some sort. When you hear a comment that was so blantantly set up, you knew a wise crack was coming. However, what kept you guessing was who was going to say it. With so many characters in the show and each had a unique form of a zinger, like a "professinal" wrestler's finishing move. You knew the joke was coming, but the jokes were so clever you were caught off guard and had to spit out your soda onto the television screen(as I did many times). This show truly defines great written comedy, and wise cracks. I recomemd this show every weekday from 3:00pm to 4:00pm(all time zones) on TBS(Atlanta Braves baseball permitting).
  • I friggin love this show!!

I love The Drew Carey Show for many reasons. First, it's not a show that centers around obviously attractive people, like Friends. They are all appealing in their own ways, but Christa Miller-Lawrence and Cynthia Watros were really the only classically 'pretty' cast members.

The characters are all just average. Stuck in no-where jobs, engaged in wars with bosses and co-workers, etc. they are all in the lower-middle class, and they are not pretentious snobs and they don't attend classy parties. Instead, they all sit at a table in the Warsaw drinking caffinated beer.

It's just a funny show. Period. It's silly, and sometimes - okay quite a few times - overexageratted, but it's still somewhat real. At least when it comes to relationships and feelings.

I also love all of the actors on here. Craig Ferguson and Christa Miller-Lawrence are my favorites!
  • Why isn't this show on DVD yet?

This is show was one of the most popular shows on ABC during its nine-season run. How is it possible that so many other shows are already on DVD when this one only has a six-episode sample? This show differs from most other comedy sitcom such as Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond, due to the many different directions the show took. If you watch the opening sequence of the show, you can see a recap of all the greatest moments of the show. When looking at these, you can realize that few other shows can come close to comparing to the different effects of the Drew Carey Show. With such a great show, I hope it is only a matter of time before Warner Brothers creates the DVD.
< 1 2 3