The Drew Carey Show

ABC (ended 2004)

The Drew Carey Show Fan Reviews (69)

• This show debuted as a great show full of 4 wisecracking friends. In later seasons the show mastered the art of the ZING.

The show debuted as a show with 4 wise cracking friends(similar to a show with 6 wise cracking friends). As the show matured, so did the jokes. The show was almost a direct image of Married With Children, making fun of sex, appearence, and society status. Like Married With Children, each joke, or zing, was obviously set up by a comment of some sort. When you hear a comment that was so blantantly set up, you knew a wise crack was coming. However, what kept you guessing was who was going to say it. With so many characters in the show and each had a unique form of a zinger, like a "professinal" wrestler's finishing move. You knew the joke was coming, but the jokes were so clever you were caught off guard and had to spit out your soda onto the television screen(as I did many times). This show truly defines great written comedy, and wise cracks. I recomemd this show every weekday from 3:00pm to 4:00pm(all time zones) on TBS(Atlanta Braves baseball permitting).
  • The True King of Comidy!

This show took the place in my mind of the Former Comidy Icon Married With Children.

It was the prefect combo of cast and jokes.

The dual between Drew and Mimi was classic!

The idea of Buzz Beer, mixing Coffine (mostly the Caffine in it) and Alchol was great if only that would happen in real life.
  • one of the best and most under-rated shows ever

the Drew carey show was easily one of the best sitcoms of the 90's . It was always new and taking risks like the show's annual april fools contest and live episodes.This show is so under-rated now and should be up there with Seinfield and Friends .The Cast All had such great chemistry and were all great , but i do agree with everyone the show wasn't the same after Christa Miller left and kate was replaced by kellie the show kinda went after that . it will be forever remembered for its risk taking and dance moves that were clasic.
  • Drew Carrey, a dead-beat everyman, struggles through his life with his friends and the many girlfriends he dates on his way.

Hilarious!!!! This is one of the Best shows on TV!
    It's a sitcom, but the fun thing is, it thinks like an animated show, and therefore is very clever and manages to emerge from the decaying husk of the sitcom shows on TV. Makes fun of life, pulls funny situations out of no-where, and gives you a view on life. (I do not want to grow up to be like Drew)! One of the funniest things on the show is thr rivalry between Drew and Mimi, and how their always fighting eachother with snappy comebacks. One of the best shows on television that makes you laugh in sheer joy.
  • A great show. ABC should have treated it better.

The Drew Carey Show is hilarious. My favorite episodes were the [i] different [/i] types, such as the live episodes, where the cast of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" would join in on the fun, or the "What's Wrong with this Episode?" contests, where the show is enshrouded with goofs and viewers have to find them. Even the normal episodes were good. One for example, was the halloween 2001 episode. It was a great performance by the entire cast and guest-star Henry Winkler. But then again, usually all episodes are great. The worst thing that really happened to the series was simply the change in camera-styles in the final season. But the finale, with the great ending and final montage made up for it. You really should see this episode.
  • I used to love this show!

I used to love this show. I remember watching it when I was like four and even though I did not understand a whole lot, I thought that it was pretty funny. Especially when ever Mimi was on. Her and all that stupid make up that she put on. Oh yeah, who could forget the trolls? Anyway, I love this show and now that I am alot older and I understand it more, I think that it is even funnier than before. One of the things that I liked about this show was the theme song "Cleveland Rocks". I wish that this show hadn't ended but it was great while it lasted.
  • Cleveland Rocks!

The Drew Carey Show was a great and very funny show not just because of Drew Carey but because of the supporting cast especially Oswald and Lewis.It's a fuuny show for people all over but being from Ohio made this show even better for me as it represented my home state in a time like the opening shows that the Cleveland Indians were one of the biggest things here.

This show had storylines most around Drew's love life wether it be with Kate or later Kellie that would make you want to watch it every week but having great unexpected humor;But as I said the true gems of this show was the comedy team of Lewis(Ryan Stiles)and Oswald(Diedrich Bader)

Overall-10/10
  • Drew Carey + Whose Line is it Anyway + Drew Carey Show = THE BEST DARN SHOWS EVER!

Whose Line is it Anyway and the Drew Carey show, both made by the same person, the world's only Drew Carey! A couple of words... THEIR AWESOME! Drew Carey might be America's brains! Drew Carey show... I started watching this show after Whose Line is it Anyway, it's awesome! But Drew got to keep his name. Ryan Stiles is Drew Carey show's Louis! And he's also on Whose Line, Ryan Stiles is one of my favorite american actors!
  • The greatest sitcom ever, that was sadly burned off.

The Drew Carey Show is and will always be my favorite show. The characters are all very funny, played by great actors. It is definitely the funniest show I have ever seen. Between Drew and Mimi fighting or Lewis and Oswalds dumb ideas this show is by far the greatest. It did jump the shark in my opinion when Winfred-Louder closed because thats what the show was about: Drew Carey Assistant Manager of Personnel. It's so sad to watch how ABC couldn't care less about a show that was once what kept the network going. The final two seasons were burned off and the finale was nothing special, not advertised or made a huge deal of like Friends or Frasier. The Drew Carey Show is in my mind the best sitcom ever that will always be remembered by me and hopefully anyone who appreciates TV. Dew and Cast, Thanks for 9 great seasons.
  • One of the most innovative shows in the last decade.

One of the most underrated and innovative shows in the 1990s and into the next decade. The Drew Carey Show ran roughly concurrent with the show "Friends," which for some reason seemed to be more popular with the masses. But sometimes, that which is most popular isn't necessarily the best. The Drew Carey Show's comedy and brand of humor were, in my humble opinion, funny and genuine in that the characters explored issues and everyday frustrations that are common to most of us. The show was also quite innovative in that the show's producers experimented with different formats, such as the live shows. It is a pity that the show was not honored more in its time.
  • this show featured dance numbers, funny skits, lots of twists and more!!!

i'm only on the middle of season 4, watching it's reruns on star world. i say to myself, "how come i didn't watch this show before?" it's about the life of drew carey, a common, broken-hearted, struggling employee but has his lifelong friends on his side (mostly). who wouldn't get related to his problems to a worker who is down on his luck? what's more, the show has songs, dance numbers (there are plenty on the earlier seasons) and lots of twists and turns you'll keep guessing what would happen next. this show is a lot better than friends. yeah, i said it. BETTER THAN FRIENDS. it's just that they're underappreciated. a definite watch for people who enjoy a good laugh and a hard day's work...
  • The story of an everyman who encounters multiple problems, issues and challenges.

A brilliant satire exposing the true flaws in today's society and finally bringing well deserved recognition to the "everyman"

The ensemble cast shines, highlighted especially by Drew Carey himself and Ryan Stiles. The best part about the cast of this show is that they redefine the standard of "beautiful" people who star on television. It fits with the theme of the show that none of the characters are former models, but are still good looking enough to have that fan base of screaming teenagers. The show's golden years definitely ranged from season 3 to season 7. After Krista Miller's departure from the show there never was the same chemistry between the cast. The feeling that they had all been together for at least 20 years was a feeling you could share with the cast, however as soon as a new character was introduce, charming though she was, it just did not have the same feeling of closeness and shared experience. Overall, the Drew Carey show gets an A+. From beginning to end it never failed to bring a smile to my face and thats really what we want from our sitcoms isn't it?
  • I think this show should have ended about 2 seasons before it did. Once Kate left, the show fell apart. However I did enjoy the seasons before this very much. It is enjoying to watch the reruns evey day on TBS.

I think this show was underrated when it first premiered. Drew Carey is a very relatable guy, a Cleveland resident, working at a department store, and he has a group of normal, average friends, Oswald, Lewis, and Kate... well normal might be stretching it. But I like the almost improvised comedy on this show. There are often slapstick, breakout laughing moments in the show. Drew's fighting with Mimi is always hilarious, as is the amount of incompetance in Lewis and Oswald. I think that this show held on for too long however, but the other seasons were great. I can't wait for the DVD's to come out.
  • I should have ened with Kate marrrying Drew

The show was hilariuos! The war or words between Drew and Mimi, goes down in comedic history. Drew's idoitic friends, Lewis and Oswald said some things that made us wonder "Are people this stupid?". But it was past it's prime after Kate left. Sorry for those major Drew Carey fans.
  • This show is extremely entertaining and deserved more credit. Well most of it anyway.

For the most part, the Drew Carrey show was hilarious, combining some great writing with some of the finest improv actors around. The show lost it's touch once Drew got his job at the other company after being fired from winfred lauder. For some reason it was no where near as funny as before. Also, i would Kate in the show a thousand times before i woul put in Kelly. For the most part though, the Drew Carrey show is a laugh riot, especially the Emmy episode and the 2000 March 1st espisode.
  • love this show and missed it when it was gone

i loved all the drewcary shows and i still watch them on dvd the ones i have he has been a role model for me and for all the drewcary fans rock on we will miss you and every time i watch this program i wonder if drew will ever get with kate and well the finial one anwers my question
    this show was the freatest show i think and i cant even spesifie on any episodes becuase they were all great i think that the seroius should have countiue but o well just like to end saying drew or other fans and members of this show you did a hell of a job your freind and fan
    Joseph.W.Mummert.Jr.
  • Watch this watch this watch this!! This show is so funny and has a great plot.

I love this show ! ! ! I watched every episode over the summer . It is so funny . I loved the episode when they mixed stuff up and slipped props in that werent there be fore . I drove my friends crazy watching this so much . One thing is for cer tain . . . I will never watch the last episode again . It was way too sad . I was litteraly bawling when i watched it . I watch all of Drew Careys other shows and they are all hilarious . Drew Carey is a legend.
  • This is a great show...

I love this show. Unfortunately, I saw it a few times, then didn't have time to, and then I forgot when and on which channel they show the show. Anyway, the episodes are always very original, extremely funny, with great characters, and with very well planned out plots and resolutions. Kate is a great character - too bad she left the show. I also came to love Mimi - she's an extremely funny character. I only saw parts of the series (and a few episodes on YouTube - I came to like the christmas episode, the fat person episodes, and the Sims episode), but I highly recommend it - it really is a great show...
  • Drew Carey Show is Hilarious

One of the greatest and most underappreciated shows to ever air on ABC. The Drew Carey told the story of Drew,an average guy from Cleveland, who works at a department store. He has a very eccentric boss, annoying co-worker who hates him yet marries his brother, and two loveable loser friends. Drew always gets into wacky situations that cause sheer hilarity. One of the great things about this show is the randomness and the fact that they did shows that no writer would ever think about. Who expected a show about finding mistakes within it? Good thing it reruns on TBS. Or I'd be missing another great and hilarious show.
  • Not just another sitcom. Cleveland rocks!

I LOVE this show! I wouldn’t miss it for anything.

Drew Carey is a comical genius. He really is. Between Whose Line is it Anyway, and his own version, Drew Carey’s Green Screen, The Drew Carey Show is another example of what this funny guy is all about.

This show features Drew Carey, just another Joe Average living in Cleveland, Ohio. It follows Drew’s run-of-the-mill life. From still working behind his desk at a highly successful department store, and still remaining unappreciated, Drew’s tragic love life and his struggle to find ‘the one’, and his typical relationship with his three best friends.

What I love about The Drew Carey Show is, although there’s an exaggerated hilarious twist, Every episode features an aspect of your life somewhere that you can relate. Maybe you could see a little of your ‘not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed’ friend in Oswald, or a bit of your boss in Mr Wick, or a bit of Kate in the friend you can never have, or a big chunk of Mimi in your enemy, or a part of Beulah Carey in your own mother! You might even recognise a bit of Drew in yourself. Because this show is based on an everyday guy, everyday people can relate and enjoy. A lot.

Along with loads of laugh-out-loud moments in every episode, The Drew Carey Show has a kickass soundtrack, awesome theme tunes during the entire series, several gratuitous musical moments and entire song-and-dance episodes, all with fantastically choreographed dancing and great music.

The creators of this show – including Drew himself – have obviously gone to a lot of trouble in keeping this show real. Yes, some very atypical situations arise, but the life of Drew is so real that you’d swear that was how Drew Carey actually lived.

If The Drew Carey Show was released on DVD, I’d buy the first set that hit the shelves. Absolutely brilliant.
  • This show ruled

Ok frist off does anyone know who that girl was that played "Grace" for one show?........well anyway i think between '02 - '04 this show blew man i mean they never should of gotten rid of kate she was the only one that could play along side Drew Oswold & Lewis.
  • Cleveland Rocks..Cleveland Rocks...Cleaveland Rocks!

I liked this show because Drew did everything to try to win and he always lost. Everything he did, Mimi did everything to one-up him. And when he finally thinks hes on top....Mimi gets him :) A no win situation for him, which always is a bad thing. But in the end, he gets on top
  • The Drew Carey Show is coming to DVD!

Yes, you heard me right! It will be released on February 28th. BestBuy is the only site carrying this. So go to Bestbuy.com and search for Drew Carey. Then click on: Drew Carey Show: TV Favorites Compilation for more info.
    There is also a Drew Carey Show DVD already availible. Just search for Drew Carey again, and click: Drew Carey: TV Favorites.
    Enjoy!
  • Cleveland Rocks

What can I say great show. Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Dierich Bader, Kathy Kinney, and the rest of the cast make for a grade A family fun. It is the story of Drew Carey who works in a dead end middle management job works next to a the creature from the black lagoon and goes to the bar everynight to hang out with his friends and forget about his troubles. He is like just about every person in America I would think. I love Mimi and Drew fighting and insulting each other. It's the best, but you could tell somewhere deep deep down they might like each other. Lewis and Oswald are idiots, but endearing and you just have to love them. We can't forget about Mr. Wick, Steve, Kate, Kelly, Nicky, Beulla, and Larry all bring their quirky personalities into the fold and just make for good television. I close in saying I want a buzz beer anyone want to join me.
  • Drew Carey is your average Cleveland man who just wants to live life, find a better job, settled down and get married, and put up with his crazy friends and mean co-worker/enemy Mimi Bobeck

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I still can\\\'t believe it had a series finale. When it came to one-liner insults and quick jokes, Drew and Mimi were there to deliver it. And when some crazy sheme needs to be planned to make money Oswald and Lewis were there. Drew Carey was a very funny show. If u want to see reruns, it\\\'s on TBS everyday for a full hour, 3pm to 4pm and the WB at 11pm.
  • Best show on TV, they should make a movie here is a good idea

A good movie based on the show would be possibly, five or six years after Drew Jr. is born, many things have changed Drew and Kellie are celebrating Drew Jr.'s 5th or 6th birthday and their 5th or 6th anerversery. Lewis and Oswald are still single, Mimi and Larry have married. Gus is around 12. Drew still works at the New Winfred Louder. Oswald now is full owner of the Warsaw. Kellie is still a waitress. Now to the story...
    On the day of the birthday and anerversery, Kate shows up at Drew's door while Kellie is upstairs getting Drew Jr. ready for the party at the Warsaw for his birthday. Kate has no knoldge of Drew being married and tells him she got divorced and relised she is still inlove with him. She is surprised to lean he does not feel the same way and is even more shocked when Kellie walks downstairs with Gus. Kellie keeps walking in on Drew and Kate in odd positions that look wrong but really arn't. Maybe, Kate can move into the garage apartment and Steve can return and fall inlove with Kate. anyway I really think that a Drew Carey movie would be very very popular.
  • This show ROX!!! Classic comedy that shows it as it is. Love the cast, couldnt be better.

The Drew Carey Show is my favorite show. I love it. Especially Diedrich Bader whos plays Oswald. I wish they had of kept it going. I wish that Christa Miller had of stayed but she had a couple of kids and is working on scrubs so good for her. I can\'t wait for it to come on dvd. Love it!!
  • Wats up with sienfeld being so popular, the drew carey show has always been the sitcom for me

TDCS had its peeks and definatly had it lows but the cast was always the best Ryan, Drew, Diedrich common they were hillarious togeter no other sitcom has ever caught any of my attention but TDCS has captured it all its freakin hillarious! Sometimes I come across an episode which doesnt make to much sence to me and seems like a waste of time...but its always funny and I enjoy it Long Live Drew Carey..., and Ryan Stiles cuz hes cool too
  • Greatest comedy ever!!!

I cant belive that I missed it. Now im forced to watch the reruns on TBS from 3-4. I love that show!!! Drew Carey is a comedic genious. No other show will match that. If you dont laugh at that show you have severe problems. Too funny to not laugh.
  • The greatest sitcom on the planet! It never even got a fraction of the credit it deserved!

The greatest sitcom on the planet! It never even got a fraction of the credit it deserved! This show needs to be released on DVD pronto! It's not fair that terrible shows can be released on DVD, but a great show like this is stuck in television limbo. If they stop showing reruns, I don't know what I'll do!
< 1 2 3