Alice, I Think

Fifteen Minutes

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Jul 16, 2006 on CTV

• Everyone gets 15 minutes of fame.

This episode is based on the famous Andy Warhol saying that everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. In this episode, everyone in Alice's family is shining in the limelight for their 15 minutes of fame.

Mom's fame comes from being Employee of the Month at work... again. Mac's fame... honestly, I can't remember, but it's probably for winning a science fair or getting good marks at school. Those two are the minor stories. The main stories are dad's fame and Alice's.

Dad's fame comes from him being in the Sports Shop's advertising flyer. The shots of him are absolutely hilarious, and I'd pay money to get a copy of that flyer! Maybe you have to live in a small town to get things like that in the mail... all the more reason to move to a small town!

And Alice... well, her fame comes not from something good. In fact, her fame is more pity-based than anything else, but Alice just drinks it up, because she seems to believe in another famous saying: there's no such thing as "bad press." She's beaten up by her nemesis and glories in the pity that she gets; she also tries to make her fame last a little longer than it should.

It was a funny episode and one of the first that I really saw, but even starting not at the beginning, it was still easy to follow. The characters are very clear, and fairly architypal, so you know exactly who everyone is. I'd recommend this show to anyone!