Alice, I Think Forums

CTV (ended 2006)

Which do you prefer... the books or the show?

Luvsss

[1]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 4

As most people know Alice, I Think started as a book. It's a series with 3 books so far. In my opinion the show doesn't capture the characters and as good as it is I prefer the books. Susan Juby is an excellent write and has created a good series... What's your opinion?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brunabear

[2]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 37
    I've read the first book (and have the second and third waiting for me at the library); I liked the book and thought it was pretty funny. I could see some definite episodes in the first book (Aubrey, Working Stiff, the one where Alice drives), but I can also see some differences.

For instance, I find Alice in the book to be more negative and cynical. She's much happier in the tv series, and I guess I can see the reason for that. Also, in the book (at least the first one) John, her dad, isn't really a three-dimensional character; he's just mentioned in passing and doesn't do much, so there's been a lot more added to the character for the tv show.

But I like both!

justafan65

[3]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 3
    I like both too. The show is really funny especially the dad. I hope they do some more.

sexy_swimmer07

[4]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 9
    I like both. The book doesn't really go into detail about what Alice looks like so you can use you're imagination. The Tv show let's us see what the actors thought the characters are like.

babybluez23

[5]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 11
    i like the books better. the characters are better in them. like bob in the show he seems so pathetic while in the books he is normal.