Alien Nation (1989) Forums

FOX (ended 1990)

Did George have his name legally changed?

NeitherSparky

[1]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 30

If this was addressed in the movie or series I missed it...Did George have his name legally changed from Sam to George? It must be his legal name during the series else it would surely have come up. And if it did, then I missed it. I miss details a lot.

I also notice that he has a "I (heart) San Francisco" mug at the precinct during the series, I don't remember if he had it in the movie, but that's cute.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

happyforyou

[2]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 1

I watched the flim and the show and in the movie james cann said that he was just going to call him george. they never had him go and change it but you can just asume he did because of the work he does.

Carycomic

[3]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 13

In the original movie, George said he had chosen "Richard Nixon" as his son's Earth name. Now, that could very well be the reason why the younger Francisco preferred to be called "Buck," in the spin-off series. But, I'm fairly certain I heard George refer to Buck by a more formal human first name on the series opener. Something that sounded like "Albert" (no relation to the Tenctonese police janitor).

Does anybody have the Season 1-and-only premier on video? If so, could you check to see whether (or not) I'm right?

Edited on 07/22/2008 2:04pm