Funny

_CoxswainM13_

[1]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 11
    This is the kind of TV show everyone loves - but no one remembers to add to their favorites.
    I love James Herriot. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. The chemistry is all balanced, The sport of having two brother constantly at each other's necks, and aren't anything alike is very, um, interesting.
    Well, what can I say? I love it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PSUIrishDave

[2]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    Well, I'd have to agree with you. I just added it a few moments ago. I dearly loved this show, as I grew up with it on my local PBS (WVIA-TV 44, Wilkes-Barre). I was just 13 years old and I was a PBS addict. Between this show, Doctor Who, Newton's Apple and Jack Horkheimer's 'Stargazer', I had PBS on practically all the time.

The one thing I don't believe I ever found out was, where did the theme music come from?

PSUIrishDave

_CoxswainM13_

[3]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'm not sure, but all I know about it is that I would love to have it as piano music. It would be too cool. And welcome, btw, since there's no one else...

BigRedNev

[4]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 22

_CoxswainM13_ wrote:
    I'm not sure, but all I know about it is that I would love to have it as piano music. It would be too cool. And welcome, btw, since there's no one else...

PSUIrishDave wrote:
    The one thing I don't believe I ever found out was, where did the theme music come from?

I can tell you that is by Johnny Pearson and I don't think it's known by any other title. You can definitely buy it as Mr P has been quite prolific and quite a them composer both sides of the Atlantic. Oh and I'm sure you can download it somewhere.
    Edited on 06/01/2006 9:32am

pirategennie

[5]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 10
    what a wonderfully GENTLE and funny show! that's an unusual combination anymore, isn't it? peter davison is, of course, always a treat, no matter what he does (he even managed to pull off a convincing portrayal of a still-living meal in "a hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy").

g

pirategennie

[6]Sep 22, 2006

_CoxswainM13_ wrote:
    This is the kind of TV show everyone loves - but no one remembers to add to their favorites. I love James Herriot. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. The chemistry is all balanced, The sport of having two brother constantly at each other's necks, and aren't anything alike is very, um, interesting. Well, what can I say? I love it.

i remembered :-))

did anyone read the books?

g

usedtobefangle

[7]Dec 26, 2008
    I've read all of the books, watched and rewatched the programmes and even visited many of the places in the books. I've also visited the Vet's surgery in Thirsk.

archangelwho

[8]Jan 18, 2009
    • level: 18
    You would think with all of the real bad shows and reruns of the same shows over & over on 2 or 5 stations there would be a place for one of the real great ones. One that the whole family could watch unlike most of the new shows of today. If some one in the U.S. would pick it up and put on during the family hours it would develop a whole new fan base. There must be a place for it on U.S. TV.