All Grown Up! Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Kimi

WWinnieF

[41]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 20
    yougotburned wrote:

WWinnieF wrote:
    Well, Kimi did little to help the series after Dil came, because the purpose of the original series would be "babies who talk and go on adventures" and Dil could do NEITHER, whilst Kimi was a poor female replacement for Tommy, who was saddled with his poop-joke factory brother. But Dil could be ammended--i.e. forgiven--because at least he received a relatively likeable personality on AGU, whereas Kimi was not only too self-centered, but she, like practically all the girls--even Angelica, who ironically, received more attention than Lil, Susie, or Kimi, most likely because she was one of the originals (Lil was too, but she was just..."there" in the original series as a complement to her twin brother)--was shoved aside so that the guy could have a majority of the episodes. Not to rag on the dudes or anything, but I sort of felt that the amount of episodes in each season should've focused on each of the Rugrats in turn, so that each one could get a relatively decent time to shine.

I totally agree that they should have done that!

Eh, but what'cha gonna do? Nick only promotes the characters and franchises it wants to.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yougotburned

[42]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 4

true, true

WWinnieF

[43]Feb 24, 2011

Indeed. It's why through the brand's existence, it was Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica who received the most promotion and the most merchandise. Yes, the others were there, but just not as much.

Cue a Rugrats/All Grown Up Theme Remix, created by yours truly!

Even the live stage show centers around Angelica's attempts to scare Chuckie with the "People-ator", a TV remote that's re-imagined by the toddlers as a magic wand that brings inanimate objects to life.

C/A moment in said show. The problem is that with the cumbersome heads used in the costuming, it is hard to tell exactly what is happening in this shot between the two.

Edited on 02/24/2011 7:16pm
    Edited 7 total times.

kimokiko

[44]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 2

I do understand why people dont like Kimi but come on sure she somewhat tries to lead although we all know thats tommy's roll and sure she whines like crazy but we all know somebody that does heck she's a bit of a tommy chuckie angelica mix. Yes i said angelica she tries to stay up to date with all the fashion trends and yea. and truth be told the infamous tommy does get some what annoying at times.

Edited on 01/24/2012 3:01am

WWinnieF

[45]Jan 5, 2014
    kimokiko wrote:

I do understand why people dont like Kimi but come on sure she somewhat tries to lead although we all know thats tommy's roll and sure she whines like crazy but we all know somebody that does heck she's a bit of a tommy chuckie angelica mix. Yes i said angelica she tries to stay up to date with all the fashion trends and yea. and truth be told the infamous tommy does get some what annoying at times.

It wasn't that we hate Kimi. It's just that we felt she replaced Tommy due to Dil holding Tommy down with brotherly responsibilities. At least Dil can be forgiven in the spin-off, but Kimi became somewhat self-centered and focused only on herself. It's as if some of Angelica's bad traits were passed off onto Kimi.