All Grown Up!

The Rugrats: All Growed Up

Aired Sunday 6:30 AM Jul 21, 2001 on Nickelodeon

• Continuity issue!

I really loved the special and the series, but one thing confuses me. The special takes place 10 years into the future while the series takes place 9 years.

Special: 10 years later - Tommy, Kimi, Phil, & Lil are 11; Chuckie is 12, Dil is like 10, & Angelica & Susie should be 13.

Series (when it started) - Tommy, Kimi, Phil, & Lil are 10; Chuckie is 11, Dil is like 9, & Angelica (until 'Lucky 13') & Susie should be 12

My question is this: Does the special take place before, after, or somewhere in the middle of the series?

Another thing. Kimi said in the special that the Emica concert was going to be their first concert, but in the first season episode 'Tweenage Tycoons' the 6 of them are going to a concert and this is 9 years later from the Rugrats series. Unless the Rugrats, having knowledge of the future has altered the way things happened, I think the writers made a couple booboos.