TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

All in the Family Forums

CBS (ended 1979)

Question

dark_side_moon

[1]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    Did All in the Family get cancelled from TV Land or something? Because ever since they started airing The Jeffersons, which by the way ALSO airs on Nick @ Nite, All in The Family hasn't been airing. I remember The Jeffersons even took All In The Family's place on Thursday night marathons on TV Land. I hope this isn't true.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dark_side_moon

[2]Sep 15, 2006
    come on, people. Don't tell me you're too ignorant to answer, i would appreciate a response here.

RebeccaAnne

[3]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 15
    TV Land still shows All in the Family but only on Mondays. It is shown from noon until 2:00 on Mondays. It is a shame it is shown so little because it is such a great show.

dark_side_moon

[4]Sep 18, 2006
    Thanks. That is truly a shame, considering some people (like myself) don't get back from school/work until like quarter of three in the afternoon. This is a truly great show, and it's a shame that they'd rather play a doubleshot of of "Good Times" than play one epsiode of All In The Family and then Good Times on the time slot. Good Times doesn't even compare to All in The Family.

kittiesluvme

[5]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    dark_side_moon wrote:
    Thanks. That is truly a shame, considering some people (like myself) don't get back from school/work until like quarter of three in the afternoon. This is a truly great show, and it's a shame that they'd rather play a doubleshot of of "Good Times" than play one epsiode of All In The Family and then Good Times on the time slot. Good Times doesn't even compare to All in The Family.

I totally agree!!! I don't even understand what is going on half the times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

millerem99

[6]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 51

dark_side_moon wrote:

agreed. Good Times is unforgiveably awful. At least it doesn't make me late for work, waiting around to see what will happen next!

phi-zap

[7]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 1

what was the poem that mike and gloria read to eachother about if a tree shadows the other, it will wither and die...did they recite it at their rereading of their vows????....gee, so very "newbie" hoping that i'm asking this Q in the right place !!!...if not...help!!!..and sorry !!

millerem99

[8]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 51
    It was in The Stivics Go West. Both the Bunkers and Stivics reaffirm their vows in front of the Reverend "Chang" (that's Chong --- "whatever.") and when Reverend Chong reads that poem and gets to the part about the tree withering and dying, he looks menacingly at Archie.
    Edited on 10/18/2007 8:03am
    Edited 2 total times.