All in the Family Forums

CBS (ended 1979)

TVLand, aarrggghhhh!!!

Inglewolf

[1]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 12

Just when they're about to show "All in the Family" episodes from the seventh season--which still hasn't been released on DVD, why tell me why?!--TVLand yanks AIF from it's schedule, replacing it with a second episode of "Sanford and Son". Great timing, TVLand, thanks . Nothing really against "Sanford and Son" but MG we're talking about "All in the Family" here!

Really IMO this station is headed right down the crapper, just like VH1 did a few years ago. Besides AIF, "Cheers" is gone too. Look at their weekly schedule these days and there's about 24 hours of "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition", 15 hours of "The Cosby Show". I used to enjoy "MASH" before turning in every night but now that's gone in favor of "Scrubs" and endless repeats of that Makeover show and it's annoying host who doesn't realize that if you have a megaphone you don't need to YELL!!!!

It's only a matter of time before they yank "Star Trek" which I prefer to watch each AM before work (better than the local yocal AM newscasts where you get more baby pictures and newscasters flirting and joking with each other than actually giving you the news). After that TVLand joins VH1 as well as Bravo and Nick-at-Nite as stations I used to watch all the time but now are just extra cable stations I never watch.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historyseeker22

[2]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 45
    I have to agree, TV Land is comprised of 60% quiality programming, with shows like AITF, MASH, and The Jeffersons. The rest is indeed 15 straight hours of Makeover, Scrubs, ect... Whatever happened to the good ol' days where TV Land aired Happy Days, Bewitched, Little House On The Prairie, Laverne and Shirley, ect..?

millerem99

[3]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 51

TVLand is going down fast, and to put Sanford and Son on in place of All in the Family is just awful. S&S stinks in my opinion, and certainly doesn't have the quality writing, humor, and plots that were woven into All in the Family.

Yeah, TVLand is taking the same route as Nick at Nite.

Edited on 10/16/2008 8:15am

tvking1

[4]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 42

Personally, I do like Sanford And Son, especially Fred's exchanges with Esther. It may not be as exquisite as AITF, but, in my opinion, it's funnier.

Anyway, it's true, TV Land is going down hill at an accelerating pace. I remember when it was perhaps my favorite channel in the 1990s. It really took me back. No more! It's a shadow of its former self. Now, the morning hours are occupied by infomercials. I remember a few years ago when I used to frequent the message boards there. I used to complain that some of the shows were too recent. The response was, "Ratings, my dear boy, ratings!" Does TV Land really think ratings will increase with the same old infomercials and "reality" shows 24/7? Are they just trying to appeal to the audience with the most buying power (demographics)? If they're right, then what about other channels that are geared toward a particular audience? Come to think of it, some of them are going down hill too, like Sci-Fi.

millerem99

[6]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 51

TVLand has tried its hand with a crop of new reality TV shows for a few years now and every single one of them has tanked and been yanked usually before the season was even over. You'd think they'd learn their lesson. The latest is "High School Reunion" which is truly pathetic.

Don't mean to put down Sanford and Son if you like it - I just have never cared for Red Foxx, and one of the main reasons I didn't get into his humor was that, unlike Carol O'Connor, Foxx's racism and sexism wasn't acting.

wheelrchair

[7]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 15
    I agree with your remark about TVLand and the reality shows. Personally i don't care for any of these reality shows.

dlink33

[8]May 6, 2009
    • level: 1
    Tv Land has All in the Family back on the schedule, for a while now. Right now it's on daily during the weekdays. As of now, the show is airing episodes from the 5th season. So give it just under 2 months and hopefully they will air season 7 episodes.