All in the Family Forums

CBS (ended 1979)

Who's Your Favourite Character?

Who is your favourite character?

dea300

[1]Jul 6, 2009
    • level: 12
    I really loved Archie - he always had a strange, twisted, hilarious view on things. I also loved Edith and her crazy ways and the fact that she didn't know what was going on half the time. I also loved her singing
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

millerem99

[2]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 51
    This forum topic was already posted.

dea300

[3]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    I realized that right after I posted. The first time I looked, it didn't show it, which was weird, but I'm not sure how to delete this thread. Or do I need the editor to do that?

millerem99

[4]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 51
    In the drop-down menu on the right, it gives you the option to delete the message. No biggie, I was pointing it out mainly so you could see what others had posted. This forum unfortunately is a ghost town.
    Edited on 09/08/2009 6:10pm

tcwjra

[5]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 22

Stephanie.

80stvfan

[6]May 31, 2011
    • level: 7

Stephanie is my favorite character, because of what she brought to the show. She brought out the best in Archie. At the time Danielle Brisebois joined the All in the Family Family as Stephanie Mills, people were starting shy away from characters like Archie, because of the behavior that Carroll O'Conner portrayed as Archie. People were starting to look critically at people who acted like Archie Bunker. Stephanie also brought youth and a new dose of life to the show by being young and full of life. Archie and Edith had waved good bye to Gloria and Michael in season 8 and were now all alone. Stephaniebrought new challenges and problems that Archie and Edith hadn't had to deal with since Gloria was young. One challenge in preticular for Archie was that it was found out that Stephanie was Jewish, and was being raised Jewish by her mother. Archie had to overcome this fact and grow to except her as she was. Stephanie also got some things from Archie and Edith. She got stability in her life, because don't forget, her mother and father had gotten divorced and her mother had died in a car accident, and her father didn't want her, and had abandoned her on Archie and Edith's doorstep. She also got love as Archie and Edith took her in and raised her as one of their own. Danielle Brisebois played this role well. She was cute. She portrayed perfectly a kid of the late 70s and early 80s.

Edited on 06/03/2011 10:29am

tvattena

[7]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 3

Edith. She seems so happy all the time and there is nothing bad I can honestly say about her.

ramone5000

[8]May 31, 2012
    • level: 13
    When I was a little boy, Stephanie was my favorite. Because as a kid, I could relate. Now that I'm into my early 20's, I like all equally.

skbrettbug

[9]Sep 2, 2013
    • level: 19

I love Archie Bunker. He's like my grandfather, he has his chair and is very opinionated, among other things

And he's funny to watch.