All of Us Forums

The CW (ended 2007)

The show's many mistakes

Firetears

[1]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 23

This show really ruined itself throughout the times. Heres a list of where I think they made the biggest mistakes for the show.

1.) Tia leaving - Regardless of if you liked her or not, she was a HUGE part of the show and just writer her off suddenly without even a decent explaination or remorse was just horrible. At least with Girlfriends they wrote Toni off with some pride. She was still there in a way. We see Joan grieving over the leave. Robert seemed completely normal that his fiance just left him and his child and Bobby didn't mind too much either.

2.) A strand of hope breaks - The biggest issue with this show is that NOTHING ever really happens. Everytime you think it's getting to the point to where a story follows another, then they destroy it. Tia being pregnant could've went a LONG way with the story and brung in a lot of viewers and ratings.

3.) Good characters leave too quick - Neesey(sp?) dating that guy played by Will Smith(forgot his name) could've been one of the best stories. I mean, they almost got married and then they  break-up and he isn't even mentioned. Turtle was a great addition to the show and hilarious. One of the only things about the show that didn't seem to fall in line with it's predictable route.

4.) Messed up with Dirk - The best thing they did with Dirk so far was got him with a daughter(something that I thought they were gonna run from) and almost had him get his ex-wife(I cannot remember her name either) pregnant. I loved her character and I was hoping they were gonna keep them together but they didn't. At least for the most part they had her leave in justice and didn't pull a Tia on her.

Those are all I can think of right now but this show just seems to fail me and even though I laugh everytime, I just can't find it in me to explain to myself why I tune in to watch this show every single week I can. I like the show but I can't do nothing but complain the whole time. The entire idea of the show was ruined and I still haven't forgave that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dacableguy

[2]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 21
    your right, i mean robert has Two kids and he doesnt want anything to do with one of them. that doesnt sound like the robert we saw in season one. he loves bobby so why cant he love(insert name here). i live in england and about 2 months ago season 3 ended. i want to know if robert and neesee get back together. from the episode guides i have read for season 4, i dont think it'll happen because apparently neesee gets her own condo.damn! the writers love to start a new season as if nothing from the end of the previous season has happened!
    Edited on 10/29/2006 3:16am

reecee

[3]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 9
    I agree with everything you've said, the show isn't the same now

Firetears

[4]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 23
    dacableguy wrote:
    your right, i mean robert has Two kids and he doesnt want anything to do with one of them. that doesnt sound like the robert we saw in season one. he loves bobby so why cant he love(insert name here). i live in england and about 2 months ago season 3 ended. i want to know if robert and neesee get back together. from the episode guides i have read for season 4, i dont think it'll happen because apparently neesee gets her own condo.damn! the writers love to start a new season as if nothing from the end of the previous season has happened!

Oh, you read me wrong. In the premiere, they took out a decent 2 minutes for Robert to explain that Tia wasn't pregnant and she left. The fact that Bobby didn't give any more or less a damn than Robert only made matters worst. But Robert was out of character by not showing any remorse. God, his fiance just left him! He showed remorse time and time again for his divorce that happened long before the show ever aired.

ClaudeLv250

[5]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 4
    The show just keeps getting worse and worse. I try to hang on but really, when Tia left, everything collapsed. The show was trying to become unpredictable? Could have fooled me, because every can see a mile away that Neesee and Robert are going to get back together now that Tia is gone.

And 2 minutes for the Tia explanation? More like 5 seconds. And it wasn't even Robert. It was just forced dialogue from Dirk recapping what we didn't see onscreen. Really, now. Like we're going to believe that Tia "wasn't really pregnant."

And now, sticking Dirk with a teenaged daughter. Worst mistake in Season 4 so far.

dacableguy

[6]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 21
    dirk is like my only favourite character now. as each season goes on , we lose a character. either literally or mentaly.

sparkum_234567

[7]May 11, 2007
    • level: 1
    YOU ALL ARE ENTITLED 2 YOUR OPINION, BUT I THINK THE SHOW IS GETTING BETTER WITH TIA OUT OF THE WAY........ WHAT WOULD AVE HAPPENED HAD TIA BIN PREGNANT? AND NEESEE HAD MARRIED JOHNNY?

datgirlbree

[8]May 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    I liked Tia, but the show is okay now.

ClaudeLv250

[9]May 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    sparkum_234567 wrote:
    YOU ALL ARE ENTITLED 2 YOUR OPINION, BUT I THINK THE SHOW IS GETTING BETTER WITH TIA OUT OF THE WAY........ WHAT WOULD AVE HAPPENED HAD TIA BIN PREGNANT? AND NEESEE HAD MARRIED JOHNNY?

The show would have gone somewhere? Because after Tia left it's been in limbo. You can tell they want Robert and Neesee to get back together but they never do. Just some hints here, season finale cliffhangers there, and a bunch of failed relationships between the two.

Oh yeah, and Dirk has officially been ruined.

StunnaChick

[10]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 1

I loved this show in the beginning. I think the biggest mistake was Tia leaving. I like her. Plus that's the whole basis of the show, the man, his new girl, the ex-wife and his son. I still watch it but the best episodes are when Tia was there. The only actor on the show I don't particularly like is the kid who plays Bobby. His voice is a little whiney.

Evolution_666

[11]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 14
    Tia