All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

All Saints actor Mark Priestley has been found dead

ilmosh

[1]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 22

.It's so sad. I still dnt believe it. He was my favourite =[

All Saints actor Mark Priestley has been found dead.

It is believed the 32-year-old killed himself after suffering depression.

A statement issued by the Seven Network said Priestley was a "tremendous young person" who was loved and respected by his fellow All Saints cast members and crew.

"Mark was such a brilliant artist...his work on stage and screen was admired by everybody who knew him," Seven's Director of Programming and Production Tim Worner wrote in the statement.

"His death is such a sad loss. We at Channel Seven will miss his energy and smile.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Mark's family and friends."

Priestley played male nurse Dan Goldman in Seven's popular hospital series.

In the show's most recent episode, Priestley's character Dan Goldman married his fellow nurse Erica Templeton.

Priestley was born in Perth in 1976, attended private boys' school Aquinas College and graduated from NIDA in 1999 after moving to Sydney.

Fans of the TV show have already expressed their disbelief at the news of Priestley's death.

On Facebook's All Saint's page, fan "Trent" said he was "truly shocked".

"I had seen Mark not all that long ago in Newtown, he looked really happy and he was eating at my favourite pasta bar."

"I just can't believe that I never knew he was suffering depression.

"My thoughts are with his family and cast of All Saints."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dees189227

[2]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    It's so sad. Tuesday's night episode with the wedding was beautiful. My heart goes out to his family and the cast. I loved Dan as a charcater and Mark was a really good actor. I wonder what 7 will do now. I wonder if they will bring bring in a new dan. Guess that's not important now. I'm going to miss him on All Saints. It will be weird watching now seeing him in it. I wonder if they will do some sort of tribute to him next tuesday. RIP MARK

thedarkknight67

[3]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 7

If media reports are true and he commited suicide, hopefully some good can come out of it by highlighting how the terrible disorder of depression can and does affect anybody and everybody, not to mention fatial aotcomes such as this.

Remember if your that down seek help and if your worried about somebody ask them and be there for them.

jbeauchamp17

[4]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 44
    I was just so shocked to hear this this morning. Dan was one of my favourite characters on the show and Mark was a brilliant actor. It's just such a shame that this terrible thing happened, and I give all my best to his family, friends and All Saints co-stars. You will be missed Mark.

newgrange

[5]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    This is very sad news. How terrible that some people hurt so much that this seems to them the only/best course of action.

RIP

HethK

[6]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 3

I have not written on this forum for some time, and I must admit it has taken me until now to be able to write anything about Mark Priestley's untimely demise.

As a sufferer of depression, it saddens me to know just how he must have been feeling in order to have made such a decision. Many times I have felt the darkness around me, but thankfully have not succumbed to it.

I was shocked and incredibly sad when I heard the news. My heart goes out to his family, his friends, and also to his (ex) girlfriend. No doubt she is feeling a considerable amount of guilt. I know through discussion with my husband how difficult it is for those who love another suffering from depression just how hard and scary it can be.

What an enormous loss to the acting community - his passion for the role of Dan Goldman ran so deep that not only are we mourning the loss of (who appeared to be) a beautiful human being but also that of a beautiful character. Please note that I only say 'appeared to be' as I did not know him personally.

My thoughts are also with the fellow All Saints fan(aticis), who will be in tears tonight and following Tuesday episodes where Mark is present in his role as Dan.

Hopefully now, Mark has peace.