All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

All Saints Media ***Warning - Contains Spoilers***

scarlettslegacy

[1]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 12

TV Week offers a summary of popular television each week. Most weeks it just offers a summary of the week's episode, but some weeks it has a good article or two on All Saints. I figured it's worth posting each week what's in it if ppl who don't normally get it want it just for the AS stories.

This week is a really good one. As well as the usual summary, Wil, Mark and Chris are 'guest editors' (I dunno what that means beyond there being lots of pictures of them) plus Chris features in the centrefold. Plus there's two stories on Charlotte's pregnancy - one on the storyline itself, plus a breakout commentary from Wil (personally would have liked for him to touch on Jack's reaction, but maybe that will happen later), and the second story about the trouble they had concealing the fact that Tammy is actually three months further along then Charlotte.

Edited on 09/04/2006 1:33am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

squishyhippo

[2]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 33
    Oooh. I must go out and get that one. Sound good.

pepec91

[3]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    The TV week this week is the best in a year!

scarlettslegacy

[4]Jul 11, 2006
    Yeah, they had a Q&A with Wil a few weeks ago which I told ppl about in the WT thread. Oh, and I forgot - this week's issue also includes a Q&A with Mark Priestly, including one girl asking him to marry her :p

scarlettslegacy

[5]Jul 17, 2006
    Nothing much in this weeks TV week, a feature on a new character (another established actor, someone from Water Rats) as well as the usual summary.

Phoenix_Girl831

[6]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 2

This week's TV Week says that Cate finds out about Mike's drug addiction- To morphine. Alex Davies was also quoted saying that at one stage, people thought there might be something of a romantic nature between Cate and Mike. But probably not- That's the gist I got (I didn't buy the mag, only skimmed through the articles briefly).

Anyway, at least it's another Cate storyline. She hasn't had one for ages, but usually her storylines are really good. Cate's one of my faves on the show.  

scarlettslegacy

[7]Jul 24, 2006
    Yeah - one feature article regadring Mike's addiction and Cate's discovery of it, plus the usual summary of the week's episode.

scarlettslegacy

[8]Jul 31, 2006
    Just the usual synopses - Cate goes to Frank regarding Mike's addiction, which Mike catagorically denies.

Sez01

[9]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 28
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 08/07/2006 2:55am

Phoenix_Girl831

[10]Aug 6, 2006
    It looks like there's going to be plenty of action over the next few weeks, which is a good thing- But I'm still concerned about the number of doctors that we actually have at All Saints. It seems to me that we really don't need that many. Although, I suppose with Mike gone for a little while, it might give some of the other characters a chance to shine a bit more.

scarlettslegacy

[11]Aug 7, 2006
    Sezo1, Historygirl wrote a guideline about repeating news word-for-word from other publications. It's actually illegal (copywrite infringement) although I don't know if it would apply here. Just to be on the safe side, I recommend a one- or two-sentence brief. When I started this thread, the idea was to let ppl know who don't normally buy the mag what AS-related news there was.

Now onto my opinions - I guess this means there will at least be a season ten, if Waters is talking about coming back? It's already halfway through season nine, and I assume he won't be back for a while.

Hope this means Vincent comes back. Interested in seeing Jack's reaction to Mike leaving.

Sez01

[12]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 28
    In the wake of Cate's discovery about his addiction, Mike stuns his colleagues when he resgins. (This is the end of his guest stint, but he'll be back next year)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spence returns and while is Charlotte is pleased to see him, she can't believe that he's given up his work in Africa to come back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There's also a spread on Peter Phelps and Allison Cratchley (Zoe Gallagher) going to the Childrens' hospital in Westmead to 'research their roles'. In the article it says: "As the show's newest permanent cast members..."

Phoenix_Girl831

[13]Aug 7, 2006

There's also some stuff in this fortnight's issue of TV Soap- I know that this post is all on TV Week, but I thought that while we're on the subject of news and gossip I'd post it here. Hope that's okay. There's an article that says that Charlotte suffers a meltdown. Apparently she doesn't like being in Zoe's shadow and that she's been put on a desk job because of her pregnancy and Frank is being really pally with Zoe. Then the article goes on to say that Charlotte fails her studies and that not even Spence's return cheers her up.

XXXXX

I'm wondering whether it will turn out that Charlotte's suffering from pre-natal depression and that all of this stuff kind of tips her over the edge. Then maybe they could show us what problems this can lead to: Eating disorders, low self esteem, attempted suicide, feeling detached from partner and baby...I don't really know much about pre-natal depression but I would imagine that these sorts of things would be an issue. I think that this would help this storyline become a little more interesting than it is now. Does anybody else have any ideas or thoughts? 

scarlettslegacy

[14]Aug 8, 2006
    Yeah, I was wondering how to change the title of this thread to say TV Week/Misc AS Media. It would be nice to get ppl on board giving us a heads-up for AS media in various mags, nespapers etc.

Phoenix_Girl831

[15]Aug 13, 2006
    I think that's a good idea- To either change the heading of this post to "AS Media" or to delete this post and make up a new one to do with all things news and spoiler-ish. In this week's TV Week, there is an episode article on Charlotte's meltdown. It basically goes over all the same stuff that we already know from reading the TV Soap article last week. Should be interesting though- This could give the writers a way of making Charlotte's pregnancy more angsty and dramatic. But I bet they won't use this part of the storyline to their advantage.

scarlettslegacy

[16]Aug 13, 2006
    I'll see if historygirl can fix it up, otherwise, I'll start another thread called All Saints Media. But I'll see if it can be shanged first, dunno about everyone else, but I hate having several threads of similar topics.

scarlettslegacy

[17]Aug 14, 2006
    Alright, the title's been changed... for anyone who's just come to this thread, it used to be known as TV Week. It's been changed so if you find anything AS-related in any media - TV Week, other mags, newspapers, hell, a piece on A Current Affair you can alert us in WA about two hours ahead - this is the place to tell us about it :p

scarlettslegacy

[18]Aug 14, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/14/2006 8:40am

scarlettslegacy

[19]Aug 21, 2006

Fair amount in this week's TV Week - two features, one about the new suregon who immediately gets involved with Dan and clashes badly with Jack (should be interesting!), as well as a breakout about the actress playing her. A small feature about Sean's possibile feelings for Charlotte and jealousy and his/Spence's part. The summary section focuses on Jack and the new doctor Bianca clashing, and the Q&A features Alexandra Davies (Cate).

A bit apprehensive about ANOTHER new character being introduced, although I'm keen to see Dan get a girl, plus I'm always keen to see Wil Traval get a storyline worthy of his talents (seeing him potter along behind Mike just wasn't doing it for me!) - seeing how they clash professionally and personally could prove interesting. And I hope they approach this Sean/Charlotte/Spence storyline with a little more taste then I have her pregnancy so far. But in terms of information offered, it's a good buy.

scarlettslegacy

[20]Aug 27, 2006
    Was flipping through Soapworld, and it had a small article about Charlotte's pregnancy/meltdown. Nothing big, and didn't hint towards an further developments, but thought I'd throw it in there.