We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

All Saints Media ***Warning - Contains Spoilers***

Phoenix_Girl831

[21]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    This week's TV Week has an article on Jack finding out what Bianca's secret is...*SPOILER SPACE*...Apparently she's married. Also, Charlotte chooses to take leave from her job because of health problems.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scarlettslegacy

[22]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    Hmmm... what do ppl think the spoiler policy on this thread should be? It's one thing to speculate, but this is giving away key points that others might not want to know about. Having said that... I would argue if you don't want to know, don't read this particular thread!

squishyhippo

[23]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 33
    Whoops! A spoiler! Lucky I don't mind finding things out, but better put up a bigger note!

But why is everyone married? Is there a convention coming up? And does everyone like the irony, Bianca Frost the mean and nasty and possibly icy new head of surgery. Can't Jack make some friends in that dept?

scarlettslegacy

[24]Aug 28, 2006
    Well, that was my point - is it reasonable to expect that people who read this thread don't mind spoilers, especially of the TV Week wariety, which tends not to give much away - not much more then what you find out in the 'what happens next week' bit at the end.

And just to be pedantic... there's a feature about Jack finding out about Bianca'a marriage, and the ethics of telling him (which Wil sais he'd do) or staying out of it - Jack doesn't want to be anyone's mum.

Breakout in the feature about the show's big jaw-dropping affairs - loved the line 'there was a time when Charlotte wa one of the few open lesbians on local TV'. And a page-long summary focusing on Charlotte. (BTW, am I the only one who thinks her haircuts are getting worse and worse?)

squishyhippo

[25]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 33
    I must admit I haven't ever really been a Tammy fan. I can't really say why. You're right her haircuts are horrible!

scarlettslegacy

[26]Aug 28, 2006
    I was thinking about something Wil said, like 'it's not right to be involved with someone who's married and not know about it' (anyone who's got the mag, please post the actual quote - my sis stole mine).

To me this sounds suspiciously like 'it's OK to sleep with someone who's married, so long as you KNOW they're married'.

What do people think?

Phoenix_Girl831

[27]Aug 28, 2006
    It does sound like that, doesn't it? Although I'm sure he meant that both people in a relationship should be honest with one another. But still, it made me laugh!

As for the spoiler thing, I'm happy to keep posting them here. I think this is more a "News and Spoilers" thread than anything else. People who read various magazines generally read them for the spoilers anyway, so...

scarlettslegacy

[28]Aug 28, 2006
    That's my point, that if you don't read the TV mags because you want to avoid the spoilrers, then what are you doing reading a thread dedicated to AS media, which is primarily TV Week? So I guess its unanimous (among all three ppl!) that spoil away!

The actual quote was "If I found out a mate was seeing aa married woman and he didn't know she was married, I'd tell him straight away." (This was Wil saying what he would do: Jack's position was a bit less cut-and-dried.)

To me, that sounds even more like what I was thinking then my paraphrasing, like it would have been OK to see her if he KNEW she was married? I can only hope he means in the 'legally seperated but still technically married sense'.

scarlettslegacy

[29]Sep 2, 2006
    This is a bit random, I know, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it and this seemed like the best one...

On my blog www.thehathorlegacy.info , there's a lot of talk about (primarily male) writer's inability to write a decent female character - when they need a good story arc, she's the first character be sacrificed, etc. A recent article, http://thehathorlegacy.info/but-they-do-it-to-the-guys-too/ reminded me of this - guys tend to get a much better deal when it comes to explaining stor arc.

Of course, AS has been doing a pretty crap job of extrapolating on ANY character in s9 (and not doing too much better on the characters they introduced in s7/8, either), but hopefully, some of you will get the link of logic I'm attempting to make.

Phoenix_Girl831

[30]Sep 3, 2006
    This week's TV Week has a little article on Sean's sister and niece turning up in the ED- And apparently we will learn some more about Sean (It's about time!). Then there is another little article on Frank going to Paris to see Eve, only to find her in the arms of a younger man. Both articles are just small little episode reviews- Not really much in this week's issue.

history_girl

[31]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 55
    I've changed the title of this thread to add ***Warning - Contains Spoilers*** just in case! Hopefully this will put everyone at ease with the tidbits!

scarlettslegacy

[32]Sep 4, 2006
    I was a bit disappointed about the 'Dan finds out about Bianca's marriage' bit, becausethey've made it clear that he DOESN'T find out in tonight's ep - a bit of slopping editing, I think.

Nice to know Mitch dying ranked just one below Maggie from BH dying in Australia's Top 50 moments of TV ')

scarlettslegacy

[33]Sep 10, 2006

A few good bits in this week's TV Week. The opening page has a small piece on Dan and Bianca's relationship continuing after Dan finds out about her marriage. There's an article about Jacinta Stapleton guest-starring as an old friend of Cate's who's quite a party-girl and man-eater, pursuing one guy in particular? What do you reckon it's Sean? Plus the usual synopses, evolving around Sean's niece.

Phoenix_Girl831

[34]Sep 11, 2006
    Interestingly, Spence and Sean are clashing again in this episode. It would seem that even with Charlotte away on maternity leave they are finding things to argue about. Although I guess Charlotte is the underlining reason of why they don't get on- Even if it's disguised by disagreeing on a patient. As for Jacinta's character- I recon she'll fancy Jack. Could be a lead in for Cate realizing she has a thing for Jack? Probably not...But it would be interesting if this were the case.

scarlettslegacy

[35]Sep 11, 2006
    Phoenix_Girl831 wrote:
    As for Jacinta's character- I recon she'll fancy Jack. Could be a lead in for Cate realizing she has a thing for Jack? Probably not...But it would be interesting if this were the case.

Ooh, hadn't thought of that - god one! (Scarlett scurries off to write fanfic idea...)

But I don't think she'll target Jack. They tend to have the characters on rotation as far as romantic storylines go, and Jack got a relationship quite recently. Dan's taken, so process of elimination tells me it's Sean.

Nonetheless, Scarlett starts praying to the ship God to hook Jack and Cate up...

As far as Spence and Sean not getting along - I agree an underlying issue is Charlotte, and I'd like them to explore that more.

scarlettslegacy

[36]Sep 12, 2006

Found this article online about the celebration of fity years of television. It primarily looks at the influence of gay characters, and has a brief mention of Charlotte.

50 Queer Years of TV

scarlettslegacy

[37]Sep 16, 2006
    This Week's The West (the TV guide magazine that comes with the Saturday West Australian) has an article about John Waters, which mentions his stint on and return to All Saints a few times.

Phoenix_Girl831

[38]Sep 17, 2006
    This week's TV Week tells about the return of Vincent. Apparently he's refreshed and a much nicer person thanks to his time away. But then there's a plane crash which brings up issues because of the plane crash he and Grace were in. Also, he's yet to find out that Charlotte is pregnant to Spence, and it seems that both Bianca and Jo (Cate's friend) have the hots for him. (Which could cause problems for Cate, Vincent being her ex and all. Also, Sean and Spence clash again over the treatment of Sean's niece. Apparently Spence wants to perform surgery on Molly. *~*~*~*

So all up, it looks like an action packed episode in a fortnight.

scarlettslegacy

[39]Sep 18, 2006
    Yeah,
    I didn't think Jo would have a think for Jack - they rotate their character's relationships plots, and Jack's had his share for a while :p

scarlettslegacy

[40]Sep 19, 2006
    There's also a feature about Jolene Anderson's (Ricki) day on the set. Laughed when she tried explaining that the pic of Wil Traval on the wall of the dressing room she and Virginia Gay (Gabrielle) share was there 'coz it was formerly shared by Wil and Mark. 'Coz Wil would have his own pic on the wall... WHY???

And a breakout 7 newsreader Chris Bath (female) doing a few guest stints.