All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

All Saints Media ***Warning - Contains Spoilers***

scarlettslegacy

[101]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    Well apparantly HepC is pretty uncommon to be passed on sexually, but I'm not sure I'd want to go there. STill, I hope they touch on it in SOME way, I'll be extremely disappointed in the writers if they don't.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scarlettslegacy

[102]Jul 23, 2007
    This week's is a good TV Week to buy - a commemoration of the show's 400 episode. 3 page recap of the seasons, plus one pageon the two most well-known couples - Terri and Mitch and Bron and Ben. A centerfold of the current cast. And the inside page has a two-page spread on next week's episode, about a vihecle crash with large casualities.

scarlettslegacy

[103]Jul 23, 2007

Oh, and the girl who played Hannah Martin on Neighbours years ago has a six-week guest appears on AS. In what has to be the most unoriginal storyline in years, yet ANOTHER nurse gets involved with Jack. The interview is here: http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=280212

Also lots of pics to celebrate the 400th ep here:

http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/slideshow.aspx?sectionid=1919§ionname=slideshow&subsectionid=10586&photo=23

Edited on 07/23/2007 6:14pm

Jennifer_1969

[104]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 2
    IF anyone knows how to contact Pippa Grandison, either by email or letter, please contact me (pigsrule1969 AT aol . com).
    I am a high school friend and would like to get in touch with her. She came to Florida in 1986, and we had sociology together.
    Our high school c/o of 1987 just celebrated our 20 year reunion and all the reminiscing has made me curious of how Pippa is doing nowadays.
    I moved to Guam in our senior year, so please, if you know Pippa Grandison or her email, or an address, even if its just a "fan" address please contact me as soon as possible.

Thanx
    very much
    Jennifer

scarlettslegacy

[105]Jul 30, 2007
    In this week's TV Week Bart apparantly leaves - there's no money to keep him on after his intership's over. Strangely enough, there's money to hire a new doctor.The new doc's an ex of Gabrielle's and they have a convoluted history - hopefully this means she'll get more screentime now, and more personal storylines instead of just medical/professional one.

Also, a Q&A with Tammy MacinTosh and a few extra questions on the website.

vicious_minx

[106]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 3
    scarlettslegacy wrote:
    In this week's TV Week Bart apparantly leaves - there's no money to keep him on after his intership's over. Strangely enough, there's money to hire a new doctor.The new doc's an ex of Gabrielle's and they have a convoluted history - hopefully this means she'll get more screentime now, and more personal storylines instead of just medical/professional one.

Also, a Q&A with Tammy MacinTosh and a few extra questions on the website.

Fingers crossed Bart leaves. Though what else can he really do? I think his character has run its course. Can't wait to see his reaction when Frank breaks the news to him. It will be like shooting Bambi's mother. As for hiring a new doctor, I think they have the money now and need a proper, fully qualified doctor now and by the time Bart finishes his internship it will be too late. Really looking forward to seeing more of Gaby, though I hope they don't ruin her character with this past cliche love affair. Sounds likes its just been ripped off Grey's Anatomy

scarlettslegacy

[107]Aug 1, 2007
    Well I was hoping it would be more like the Charlotte and Vincent relationship, but maybe I'm being optimistic...

scarlettslegacy

[108]Aug 1, 2007

vicious_minx wrote:
    Fingers crossed Bart leaves. Though what else can he really do? I think his character has run its course. Can't wait to see his reaction when Frank breaks the news to him. It will be like shooting Bambi's mother. As for hiring a new doctor, I think they have the money now and need a proper, fully qualified doctor now and by the time Bart finishes his internship it will be too late. Really looking forward to seeing more of Gaby, though I hope they don't ruin her character with this past cliche love affair. Sounds likes its just been ripped off Grey's Anatomy

Well I think they could have done it better then to say 'there's no money to keep you on, but we have the money for a brand-new doctor'. It seems OOC to have Frank not lobby hard to keep Bart on in some capacity; why not haveBart leave because he got a fantastic position somewhere else?

I'm interested in how this storyline with Gabby's ex turns out. It would be nice for her to have a personal storyline although it's hard to see her in anything but a professional role. I just can't see her as someone's girlfriend with a persoal life :p

vicious_minx

[109]Aug 1, 2007
    Maybe Frank is sick and tired of Bart like we are? As for Gaby I can't help thinking the writters are going to ruin her character like they did with Charlotte. I thought having Vincent show up ruined Charlotte's character and credibility. I can't see Gaby getting all emotional and pining for the new doctor, though I can see the writers changing her character that way.

scarlettslegacy

[110]Aug 1, 2007
    I thought they started off well with Vincent and Charlotte, then got bogged down in Vincet's unhappiness and a kind of mutually destructive relationship. I blame Spence and Zoe moire for the breakdown of her character :p

I would like Gabrielle to get a storyline outside of work but a romantic entanglement within the ED seeems too much of a stretch for someone as professional as they've presented her. Why not a storyline about her family outside the hospital? But yes, I can see the writers completely changing her character - they did it with Charlotte already

scarlettslegacy

[111]Aug 6, 2007
    Ugh, looks like this Gabby-Steven thing is going to end badly. In next week's episode it's revealed that he has a problem with alchol, and they rekindle their romance. Ugh. Can't see this ending well.

Also, Bart sees Dan and Erica kissing, so it's a double dhock on being told there's no resideny available for him. I can just see Bart acting like a child deprived of a toy over this, and I hope it's what makes him move on.

Also, Dan gets his final test results back. I'm going to be annoyed if they come back negative - I think it'll be a really contrived way of wrapping up the storyline.

vicious_minx

[112]Aug 6, 2007
    scarlettslegacy wrote:
    Ugh, looks like this Gabby-Steven thing is going to end badly. In next week's episode it's revealed that he has a problem with alchol, and they rekindle their romance. Ugh. Can't see this ending well.

Also, Bart sees Dan and Erica kissing, so it's a double dhock on being told there's no resideny available for him. I can just see Bart acting like a child deprived of a toy over this, and I hope it's what makes him move on.

Also, Dan gets his final test results back. I'm going to be annoyed if they come back negative - I think it'll be a really contrived way of wrapping up the storyline.

O god, it keeps getting better and better. Now, not only are they trying to imitate the Charlotte and Vincent storyline, they are throwing in a bit of Nelson as well. Can the writers ever conceive an original character that isn't riddled with cliches?

Hahaha, I love seeing Bart look wounded (which is pretty often as that seems like Andrew Supanz's favourite facial movement). Well I hope he does get a wake-up call and realise that Erica does not like him and hopefully will leave All Saints as a result.

I agree, I think it would be a cop out if it came back negative. Though as he has now embarked on a relationship with Ricki expect it to comeback negative. I remember getting really annoyed that Jared never got HIV, especially the second time around when he was raped. It would have been so interesting to watch how he managed and coped. Another lost opportunity.

scarlettslegacy

[113]Aug 8, 2007
    Well I don't think they ever had Nelson drinking on the job, just a lot of scarios where he got easily strung out by the job and went to the pub later. In s3 or 4 they had a good storyline with Terri's replacement, Kate Larson, who was an alcoholic and drank on the job. Thing is, I seriously can't see the character going anywhere longterm after they've crossed that line of drinking on the job. With Larson she was on the show for ten or so eps until her alcoholism got too much for her and she was institutionalised.

One of the reasons I'll be pissed off if they have the results come back negative is I think it will be a justification not to have addressed the condom issue. Like 'doesn't matter now, he doesn't have HepC' while conveniently forgetting he THOUGHT he had it and therefor not addressing the safe sex issues was an irresponsibile thing for the writers to do.

They had ONE character come back positive - I forget his name, but he was the gay ward clerk who pricked his finger on a needle in the early seasons. But he wasn't a permanant character and he only lasted a season or so after his diagnoses, so that's not the same as having a permanatly character have to deal with it on a longterm basis.

vicious_minx

[114]Aug 8, 2007
    scarlettslegacy wrote:
    Well I don't think they ever had Nelson drinking on the job, just a lot of scarios where he got easily strung out by the job and went to the pub later. In s3 or 4 they had a good storyline with Terri's replacement, Kate Larson, who was an alcoholic and drank on the job. Thing is, I seriously can't see the character going anywhere longterm after they've crossed that line of drinking on the job. With Larson she was on the show for ten or so eps until her alcoholism got too much for her and she was institutionalised.

One of the reasons I'll be pissed off if they have the results come back negative is I think it will be a justification not to have addressed the condom issue. Like 'doesn't matter now, he doesn't have HepC' while conveniently forgetting he THOUGHT he had it and therefor not addressing the safe sex issues was an irresponsibile thing for the writers to do.

They had ONE character come back positive - I forget his name, but he was the gay ward clerk who pricked his finger on a needle in the early seasons. But he wasn't a permanant character and he only lasted a season or so after his diagnoses, so that's not the same as having a permanatly character have to deal with it on a longterm basis.

You're right, I don't think Nelson ever drank on duty, though he was an alcoholic and now so is the new character. Well I suppose they already had a drug addict last year. Can't have two in two years. I remember Kate. She was good, especially her scenes with Von.

Are you sure about Tony (Ward clerk)? I thought he contracted HIV in America and then came back to Australia and died. Though if he did get pricked and he got HIV, it was a bit of a cop out, the gay man gets HIV.

scarlettslegacy

[115]Aug 8, 2007
    Nope, he contracted it from a needlestick someone had left on the counter (yeah, real clever!) He then went to America because he figured he may as well take a new lease on life. He came back to Australia and basically overdosed after his boyfriend left him. He didn't die of HIV and yes, it is a bit stereotypical to give the only HIV story to the gay man.

vicious_minx

[116]Aug 8, 2007
    Thanks for that. Shame he didn't stay longer so we could see how it affected his everyday life. I would really like to see All Saints address the issue of STD's rising in Australia, especially HIV in woman as it dramatically increased last year. It annoys me how most people still think women are immune from HIV. Bisexuality/Rape does exist in Australia. Ahh, another argument on the condom issue.

scarlettslegacy

[117]Aug 13, 2007
    OK in this week's TV week Bart catches Ricki and Dan together and 'you'll never guess what he does next'. Quit, I hope.

The episode seems pretty Jack-centric, about Travis's death and hooking up with Rachel. Travel made a comment about him not having Rachel's interests at heart; I've always thought Jack has a capacity for lashing out when he's troubled, and I'd love to see that darker side explored.

There's also fan suggestions about who should hook up next - Bart seems to be the popular choice - and Alex Davies's favorite recepie.

xxprincess01

[118]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 5
    scarlettslegacy wrote:

OMG it didnt come back negative. For Dan. Its sooo saddd.

vicious_minx

[119]Aug 18, 2007

Persona Non Grata

28th August 2007

Frank and Zoe take drastic measures to try and obtain funding to keep Bart at All Saints. Meanwhile, Mike makes an offer the Intern would be mad to refuse. Both Jack and Steve are forced to take responsibility for their actions. Charlotte appears to be having troubles in her home life as she tries to determine the cause of a woman's recurring headaches.

scarlettslegacy

[120]Aug 18, 2007
    Well I'm glad Charlotte will have something to do. Does this mean Bart's not leaving after all? And I got my hopes up and everything