All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

All Saints Media ***Warning - Contains Spoilers***

scarlettslegacy

[122]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 12
    Next ep we discover Spence has left and Charlotte's upset - something tells me this is going to be as Charlottte-mopes-and-cries storyline, which I hate. I wish they'd go back to her being witty and outrageously flirty, I loved that Charlotte.

Also, Mike takes Bart on as a surgical intern and offers him a job. Bart does brilliantly at a difficult surgery, Yuck. I'm really disappointed, I had hoped this no-position-in-the-ED thing meant Bart would be leaving, but it looks like he isn't. And typically, he does something with flying colours. Where's the flaws? Where's the humility???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vicious_minx

[123]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    Well, as long as Charlotte gets centre stage and not 2ICBB, I'm not that disappointed. Though I agree with you, I miss the old Charlotte too. Could see Bart working with Mike a mile off. Great, more Boy Wonder. Ugghh.

Hahahah, Bart with flaws and humility, that would be like asking for 2ICBB to show compassion and drop the frosty facade.

All this season it's been about Bart, god, I wish that crazy gunman actually killed him off at the start of the season.

scarlettslegacy

[124]Aug 21, 2007
    So its an agreement... get rid of both Bart and the 2ICBB and everyone's happy.

vicious_minx

[125]Aug 23, 2007
    oh yeah. Definitely. If only the producers and writers would read this......

scarlettslegacy

[126]Aug 23, 2007

Ok for all you spoiler hogs, I reccomend you get the current copy of TV Soap (the one dated Aug 20th-Sept 3rd). Frank is forced to lose another member of staff in order to keep Bart on. Potentials on the chopping board are Jack, Steve, Von, Charlotte and Zoe.

Jack doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Surely as a surgical intern, his salary comes out of the surgical budget, or a general hospital budget, not the ED busget? The article says Jack's been on a spiral of self-destruction, drinking and sleeping around, and is leaving himself and the hospital wide open to a malpractice suit. But Frank knows about Jack's abuse, and how much Travis meant to him, is he so enamoured with Bart and so heartless to Jack's situation that he'd fire Jack to keep Bart (even if Jack's salary DOES come out of the ED budget...) It will be nice for Traval to get a meaty storyline though, but if Jack leaves, I'm quitting the show.

Von? Again, not making a lot of sense, I would have thought a PLO's salary would come from a geberal hospital fund, not the EDs fund. Unless McGrath herself has had enough and wants to leave, I can't see TPTB writing her out - she's the only original cast member left; I think she'll be there until the show's end.

Can't see the 2ICBB being fired, although that's the ideal situation for me. Don't like either her or Bart but having one sacrificed for the other works in my book.

Can't see them firing Steve after just a few episodes, although I wouldn't mind that, either - I'm not hugely enamoured with him. The most obvious one to me is Charlotte. Tammy Macintosh hasn't been given a lot to do lately, she's not a touch on the flirt, fun lesbian Charlotte that I loved. For some reason I really empathise with the character, and I can't help but thinking Charlotte would be much happier with her family doing good things in Africa than being unhappy and treated so shabbily by Frank and the 2ICBB.

I have a feeling I'm not going to like how this turns out. I really hope it's Steve or the 2ICBB becuse I think between Vincent and Sean, they've lost enough longerm staf (yes, I know Sean wasn't around for long, but he was really good) but I think it will be Charlotte, Jack or Von.

vicious_minx

[127]Aug 26, 2007
    Noooo. Bloody Boy Wonder. Don't tell me Frank is still upset and blaming himself for Bart's shooting? Surely Frank has moved on and is thinking rationally, that is all of the other doctors are much better qualified for the ED. Remember this is All Saints not Bart's ED. I'm really not too fussed who goes as long as it isn't Charlotte or Von. I have a feeling it's either going to be Charlotte or Jack though. I was reading an article a little while ago that gave the impression that Tammy wouldn't be in it for much longer, and well Jack, the character is exhausted. And this year he has been given some good material to work with, which could be his swan song.

I would really love it to be 2ICBB or Steve. Realistically Steve cannot keep drinking whilst on duty or even in or near the ED. Character wise, he has basically ruined Gabs, and his whole Don Juan approach is really grating. 2ICBB is so two dimensional it isn't funny. She comes across as cold, needlessly irritating and smug, probably due to Allison Cratchley being a woeful actress.

Here's a thought, instead of Bart being saved, how about Bart just leaves and acts as a grown-up for once and leaves with some shred of professionalism and dignity. Though it would have a lovely sense or irony if 2ICBB was sacrificed for Bart. Frank playing favourites amongst his favourites.

As for the salary issue, it would make sense Von's salary has something to do with the ED, as she seems to be based there frequently and Gabs was the one that got her the job in the first place, possibly using ED funds to do so. As for Jack, you're right I would have thought him being a surgeon would not have impacted on the funds of the ED.

scarlettslegacy

[128]Aug 26, 2007
    I have a feeling it's either Jack or Charlotte because I think both Traval and Macintosh's contracts are up for renewal and looking back, I think both characters have gotten meaty storylines of late which tends to signal a character's swan song, especially given both actors weren't given a lot to do beforehand.

What pisses me off is that, apart from 2ICBB and Steve, all the characters are long-term, popular characters. It's a huge indignity for them to be sacrificed so Bart can stay in the ED.

In this article (and I reccomend you buy the mag) there's a hint that someone NOT mentioned has already made the decision to go - PLEASE, GOD, MAKE IT BE BART! My ideal choice is that Bart or 2ICBB goes.

vicious_minx

[129]Aug 26, 2007
    I really hope it isn't someone long term, so many have departed recently. I just wish they could have left moft of the characters alone. It was working perfectly, but they had to spoil it. Why ruin something that is going so well.

That's interesting. Another character bites the dust. Well I can say with about 98% certainty that it isn't Gabby. Virginia's contract is a two year deal and is up for renewal in Feb 2008. Jolene might be fed up with All Saints and might want to pursue a singing career. Alex has already done movies this year and is in some upcoming ones. Mark is heavily involved in theatre and might want to pursue it full time. I also remember reading somewhere that John Waters is touring with a play nation wide in August/September. Though I am unsure if it was last year or this year. If it is this year, then I guess it's him.

I want it to be Bart too, sadly I doubt it.

scarlettslegacy

[130]Aug 27, 2007

Well it loooks like its def Jack according to this week's TV week. The woman he sleeps with the night before is admitted as the victim of domestic abuse and it makes him evaluate his destructive behaviour. Could be a meaty send-off from Traval, but I have a feeling, given the ways they sent out Nelson, Vincent and Sean, this will be done in a completely tacky manner that involves Bart and the 2ICBB somehow making it about THEM. Also, Gabby is begining to cotton about Steve's drinking - again, not liking how she's fallen gidddy in love with someone who hurt her so badly. It's a complete reversal of the witty, intelligent, professional Gabby we know and love. I don't think I'll commit to the show as much if Jack goes. There have been a lot of characters and storylines I haven't liked in s9 and 10, and it seems to be getting worse.

Also, Cate and Mike share a kiss. Ugh, how do you say 'yuk' in Czech???

Edited on 08/27/2007 8:03am

Angry_Ant

[131]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 6

So Jack's friend dies, and then he goes out and sleeps with a whole load of women, one ends up in the ED, he tries to quit... Is one of the women gonna start stalking him now? It sounds a little too much like the Vincent storyline...

Cate and Mike??? WRONG!

scarlettslegacy

[132]Aug 29, 2007
    Hah, at least Vincent got a whole season for this storyline to unravel. Jack's getting like three episodes.

I hope WT ends on up some much better-written show so he can stick it to the AS team for such appalling writing :p

scarlettslegacy

[133]Sep 3, 2007
    Next week Gabrielle has to confront Steve's drinking after they reconcile, blah blah blah. Is anyone else sick of this storyline already? I think I'll go to quiz night instead.

scarlettslegacy

[134]Sep 6, 2007
    According to TV Soap, in the next few weeks Frank fired Steve on the spot for being drunk. I REALLY hope this is the last we see of him, although I got my hopes up when there was no money in the kitty for Bart, and it looks like we're stuck with him

vicious_minx

[135]Sep 9, 2007
    Please, say it's so. Though I doubt it as Jack was added to the opening block cast credits, which means he should be around for a while, judging by past experiences.

scarlettslegacy

[136]Sep 9, 2007
    Alright, don't have the mag yet (only the online news) but according to the online TV Week, Jack's coming back.

I actually have mixed feelings about this. Obviously, I'm delighted WT will be with the show longer, but the writing has been so woeful of late, in particular the way they've wrapped up Jack's abuse, that I was [reparing not to watch it so devotedly with Jack no longer on the show. But if WT stays, I'm forced to put up with more Bart/Zoe crap

vicious_minx

[137]Sep 9, 2007
    I know how you feel. All I can say is hang in there. I think the dynamic will shift a bit once Jolene has more of an active role after her stint on IT2. Seriously though, the writers must know that Bart is not everyone's favourite character, so why do they have to force him down our throats?

scarlettslegacy

[138]Sep 10, 2007
    Well there's a lot in the current edition of TV Week, an interview with Jolene talking about ITT and her future prospects. I got the impression there'll be some more Ricki/Dan stuff coming up.

As well, Jack's old landlady Mary - the one who burnt the duplex down early last season - comes back, which is why Jack comes back. He tries to convince her to get the treatment she needs but SHE convinces HIM to let go of the past. Sounds good, I hope this means Jack's developing in a different direction. It was a great storyline, but it would be nice to see something else of Jack other than his depressed, traumatised self.

Jack, Dan and RIcki are my three fave characters so hopefully there'll be plenty of them in the next few weeks. And there's a reference to Steve leaving in this edition too - maybe the network saw what we're seeing, that Steve is a completely unrelatable characetr.

vicious_minx

[139]Sep 10, 2007
    The stuff with Jack sounds really good actually. I'm looking forward to more Dan and Ricki. Hopefully they can have a lasting relationship.

No mention of Bart, Steve or 2ICBB which can only mean a good thing.

scarlettslegacy

[140]Sep 11, 2007
    Well, there's a quote from Ricki to bad about feeling bad for dobbing Steve in and making him leave, but I can deal with that :p