All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

All Saints Media ***Warning - Contains Spoilers***

scarlettslegacy

[141]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    Can someone get hold of the mag and let me know what's in it? I'm working 8-6 today and tomorrow so I won't have time to get to the newsagency when its open.

Anyway, according to the website, Dan comes down with flu-ike symptoms and refuses to believe HepC is the culprit. Ricki urges his to look after his health.

Sounds interesting, and any atoryline which focuses on Dan, Ricki or Jack is fine by me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scarlettslegacy

[142]Sep 17, 2007
    OK, it's Jack's first day back at the ED (does this mean he's returning to being a physician or is he still being a surgeon?) but he needs to work on his pati9ent skills. Looks like it's going to be a Dan-heavy ep with the flu/Hep C storyline. Also, Steve comes back - yuk He wants to stop drinking and wants Gabby to help. I KNEW him going was too good to be true, just like Bart leaving

hannahhhhh

[143]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    whats a 2ICBB?

scarlettslegacy

[144]Sep 22, 2007
    2IC (second-in-command) bed-bi*ch was the name Charlotte gave Zoe a dozen or so episodes ago and we've been using 2ICBB ever since. She's not very popular on this forum :8

Angry_Ant

[145]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 6

Thank God they're back with the Hep C storyline... I had a horrible feeling they weren't going to address it again... Its been forgotten about a fair bit in the past few episodes... Too much focus on Steve (yuck!!), Jack (not that I mind) and Cate and Mike (don't get me started!!)...

Seeing Mark Priestly invovled in a storyline this is great, because he really is a very good actor... His work in Changi was amazing... Can't wait till Tuesday!

scarlettslegacy

[146]Sep 30, 2007
    According to Wikipedia, Dan and Frank are both set to leave - Dan in October, Frank in March/April next year. Wiki isn't the most reliable of sources so I don't know how true it is, but I'd say if Dan leaves, it will have something to do with the Hep C.

Angry_Ant

[147]Sep 30, 2007

I wouldn't trust wikipedia!!

In tv week the other week they had an interview with Jolene and she said she was thinking of leaving, but decided not o cause of this storyline with Mark Priestly... Surely she wouldn't have said that if he was leaving....

Lol, this is just me hoping!

scarlettslegacy

[148]Sep 30, 2007
    Can't say... the interview may have been taken a while ago; print interviews are usually done weeks or months before publication. So she may have said it honestly thinking Priestly was planning to stay.

Can't get hold of TV Week until tomorrow (it's a pub holiday here) but according to the website, next week's ep centres around Bart's first day as an ED doctor and the things he learns.

Yuk. I don't think Bart is a strong enough character to be able to carry a whole episode. I'm thinking I should tape this one and see it later.

scarlettslegacy

[149]Oct 8, 2007
    OK, in this week's TV Week there's a story about a woman who has an abortion in retaliation for her husband's infidelity, except turns out she's still pregnat and Jack and Charlotte clash over how best to deal with the situation. Am I the only one who sees a potential goldmine in any storyline involving Jack, Charlotte and pregnancy???

Also, Dan's refusing a treament which could cure his Hep C - the mag didn't explain, but I'm really enjoing this Dan/Hep C/Ricki storyline, so it should be good.

vicious_minx

[150]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    Nope, it sounds like a great episode. Believable conflict in the ED especially as it involves history of both Jack and Charlotte.

Likewise, I'm also enjoying the hep C storyline, not rushed, going slowly and really giving great character moments to Dan and Ricki. Bring on next week.

scarlettslegacy

[151]Oct 15, 2007
    Ok in this week's TV Week Dan pretends to be the boyfriend of a delusional patient because the phsyc consult is busy, much to Gabby and Erica's chagrin, and of course if backfires horribly... I can't see this storyline going well. It just sounds like something where all the characters emerge looking worse for it.

Also, Mike tells Simon he's his father.

vicious_minx

[152]Oct 17, 2007
    Not really looking forward to Mike's storyline, though I think Dan pretending to be the delusional woman's boyfriend to gain answers could be interesting. Though I think Ricki's jealousy is going to ruin it.

scarlettslegacy

[153]Oct 22, 2007
    In this week's TV Week, Bart throws cation to the wind and kisses Annie and Dan decides to take the treatment but doesn't want Ricki to see him through the side effects, so breaks up with him. Mike tells his son who he is, so he and his mother check out, except then he falls down stairs and needs a blood tranfusion. Mike donates his blood and announces to everyone that the guy's his son.

OK, is anyone else feeling this Mike/son storyline is a bit hollow? I don't have a lot of sympathy for Mike and feel like this remorse and desire for the son to know who he is is being pushed too soon.

Bart and Annie - ugh. I REALLY don't like how this is being played as something sweet and romantic. I'd have far more respect for Bart and the writers if they portrayed more of the murkiness of getting involved with such a sick patient.

Sad if Dan and RIcki break up for good, they're the best couple since Bron and Ben IMHO. I think it's pretty selfish for Dan to braeak up with her - I think she's well and truly established how much she loves him and wants to take care of him. What, he thinks not seeing him in treatment is the better evil of braking her heart?!?!?!

vicious_minx

[154]Oct 22, 2007
    Scarlett I agree, I find it exceptionally difficult to sympathise with Mike, however I am quite looking forward to the storyline, except it sort of spoils it by the blood transfusion. I was sort of hoping for a murder investigation and see how the characters react, sort of like the Luke fiasco years back. I think, or rather I hope the writers will tread this road with Von Scarlett. From the promos it seems like Von could really have a stern talking to to Bart. Likewise, I wish Bart would stay in character more. How the hell are we supposed to sympathise with the character when the writiers keep shuffling his character traits around and make him even more unlikable?

Since the relationship I have liked Ricki a lot more, more so than when she first arrived and last year. I also love that she is quite a black and white person whereas Dan can see the shades of grey. I think they make a good couple and it will be a shame if they split up.

standmat

[155]Oct 23, 2007
    Does any body else think that annie, or what ever the name off the patient that Bart has a thing for, will die from the cancer? It's the only thing I can think of other from the doctor/ patient relationshipthing, which won't go on that far.

scarlettslegacy

[156]Oct 23, 2007
    Oooh, now THAT will add something (and, atthe risk of sounding callous, maybe teach Bart a lesson about getting involved with a patient...)

Angry_Ant

[157]Nov 4, 2007

Just looking through TV week now... Interview with Mike Smith who plays Heath... Looks like he'll be getting more of a role on the show now, with a love interest coming up for him. Some girl at an ice hockey game, which he goes to with Gabrielle, Ricki and Jack... Strangely enough, there is some kind of incident and players and spectators are rushed to All Saints... Looks like this girl could be a bit evil though, she is apparently ploting with that maintence man who is going to come into the show tomorrow

Also, Bart and Annie are practically living together, but she's not telling him that she's been in pain for three days and thinks the cancer has spread...

Also looks like a reunion between Dan and Erica. She's ignoring him until he tells her that the side effects of the treatment are nothing compared to missing her, and she is apparently missing him too... Here's hoping its all good again!

Next week in the magazine is the 'goss' for the AS finale...

scarlettslegacy

[158]Nov 5, 2007
    Sounds interesting - I hope Dan and Erica get back together.

vicious_minx

[159]Nov 6, 2007
    And Cate is back as well.

scarlettslegacy

[160]Nov 12, 2007
    OK next week is the season finale and there's a bomb - the creepy maintainance guy and the girl Heath is keen on are determined to clean out the hospital of its drug supply and set up a bomb as a distraction in oncology. Someone will die and, from the cover, they're hinting that it will be Jack, Von or Ricki.

Personally, I don't think they'll kill of any of those. They've already killed of Sean and gotten rid of Vincent this season, I don't see them killing of a main cast member. For some reason, I can see Annie dying, since she's in oncology, being tested to see if the cancer's spread. And this Annie/Bart storyline is sickening enough that I won't exactly be sad to see the end of it.

Anyway, should be interesting.